Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FTSE100 is 10% higher than 1 month ago

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Doesn't matter where you find your experts does it, you've had enough of 'em!

You could try reading an independent "expert" analysis of the likely ecnomic impact of BREXIT. I believe remainers are still on board with "experts".

https://woodfordfunds.com/economic-i...brexit-report/

Here is an extract from the executive summary to wet your appetite: -

Based on assessing the evidence, we conclude that:
–The more extreme claims made about the costs and benefits of Brexit for the British economy are wide of the mark and lacking in evidential bases
–It is plausible that Brexit could have a modest negative impact on growth and job creation. But it is slightly more plausible that the net impacts will be modestly positive. This is a strong conclusion when compared with some studies
–There are potential net benefits in the areas of a more tailored immigration policy, the freedom to make trade deals, moderately lower levels of regulation and savings to the public purse. In each of these areas, we do not believe that the benefits of Brexit would be huge, but they are likely to be positive
–Meanwhile, costs in terms of financial services, foreign direct investment and impacts on London property markets are more likely to be short-term and there are longer-term opportunities from Brexit even in these areas

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
yeah but we vote 'knowing' the leader of the party and many would vote on that alone....
Well this time we voted for a government that would hold a referendum, and then we voted out, knowing that the government would change its leader.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The thought of toe rags betting on us failing really winds me up. In the old days it would be called treason, now it's clever.

Don't worry yourself.

If you turn out to be cleverer than all the gamblers, you can smugly watch as they lose all their money.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'm too long in the tooth to worry about that. But thanks for the thought.

The thought of toe rags betting on us failing really winds me up. In the old days it would be called treason, now it's clever.

Just as well I am not Home Secretary.

Blimey, your teeth must be exceptionally long, the LSE's been around for 300 years. When were your old days?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Sorry, why should we have a snap election? As far as I'm concerned the Tories have another four years of work fulfilling their mandate from last year, which Cameron has made pathetically little progress on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here