Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FTSE100 is 10% higher than 1 month ago

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Agree its high because of sterling. The FTSE 250 has also recovered ground on the month and was up 3.27% today. This not so reliant upon the $ as the FTSE100. Further upside comes from Carney signalling that Interest Rates will now not rise but go lower because of Brexit uncertainty and an expansion of the quantitative easing policy. A bit like taking your foot off the brake when the car is skidding towards a wall,in my opinion but the markets like it for now....The markets would also like the speed a new PM was found.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
With the greatest respect you havent got a clue why its rallied, you can offer a view to fit into one scenario as others can too.

Why would these speculative investors speculate if they agreed with your view that it is likely to plummet, markets by their very nature are speculative driven, it seems that many dont agree with you and are putting their money where their mouths are, whilst you purport to offer a view as an expert on a football forum.

Doesn't matter where you find your experts does it, you've had enough of 'em!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
It's wankers like that who cause the problems.!

Ooh careful, you'll upset a few of the city types in this thread who work for the banks and hedge fund managers. They'll throw all sorts of doom laden statistics, ifs and buts at you and if that fails they'll just label you an uneducated racist to hammer home their tedious points.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and we have an unelected prime minister (or will have)
Same as always. I don't imagine many of us have ever voted for one of our PMs.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Ooh careful, you'll upset a few of the city types in this thread who work for the banks and hedge fund managers. They'll throw all sorts of doom laden statistics, ifs and buts at you and if that fails they'll just label you an uneducated racist to hammer home their tedious points.

At least he has an excuse as an uneducated racist.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Remember that the FTSE plunged on the very prospect of Brexit. We're still in the EU for a couple more years at least. If this is what happens with just the idea of Brexit then I'll leave it with you to think about what will happen when (if) we leave the EU permanently.
So you're going to leave the thinking to others. Probably for the best.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007

I'm too long in the tooth to worry about that. But thanks for the thought.

The thought of toe rags betting on us failing really winds me up. In the old days it would be called treason, now it's clever.

Just as well I am not Home Secretary.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I'm too long in the tooth to worry about that. But thanks for the thought.

The thought of toe rags betting on us failing really winds me up. In the old days it would be called treason, now it's clever.

Just as well I am not Home Secretary.

You can say that again....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here