Frankel v black caviar

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
thats nonsense, the turn of foot of Frankel and poor Old BC would be left for dust, the owners of BC will never race Frankel, The Vladamir Klitchko of horses, a champion that much prefers to keep winning racing against average horses and will avoid the real heavyweights

If you think Frankel would leave BC for dust over 6 furlongs you don't know much about horse racing.

Black Caviar has broken the 10 second mark for running a furlong, Frankel hasn't. So your assertion his turn of foot would leave her for dust is garbage. They got excited when Frankel broke 11 seconds for a furlong and yet BC can break the 10 second mark.

You understand times and speed yes?

What heavyweights are there for her to avoid? She's raced agaisnt all she can over the 6 furlong mark. She's a sprinter not a middle distance horse, which part of that don't you get?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
But not all their races are that far apart. Frankel has run a few over 7 furlongs and you're saying...
so she has raced once at 7 furlongs, and mostly at 6. Them racing over 6 or 7 furlongs is not exactly mindless.

I'm saying why races the best sprinter in the world over a middle distance?

It's not like Frankel has proven anything over longer distances. Yet there's no calls for him to take on the worlds best stayers to prove he can beat them.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If you think Frankel would leave BC for dust over 6 furlongs you don't know much about horse racing.

Black Caviar has broken the 10 second mark for running a furlong, Frankel hasn't. So your assertion his turn of foot would leave her for dust is garbage. They got excited when Frankel broke 11 seconds for a furlong and yet BC can break the 10 second mark.

i believe he is "aussie bating" mate.............there is no doubt that a 30hr + , 12000mile journey in a horse box is going to seriously affect the condition of any horse.........the luxury of working the horse up to peak at race time is surrendered when you undertake the journey........that would presumably explain the failure of so many "top" european stayers who come over here for that little race we have in melbourne on the first tues in november.

that aside i am still gobsmacked by nolen's ride , he nearly blew it big time.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
oh behave

she's just edged out some average horses

Frankel has destroyed his opponents

think the Aussies need to wined there necks in now

Completely agree with you buddy. I think the aussies may have been slightly concerned as the win was less than convincing and expectations were higher in terms of margin. The horse had 2 weeks recovery time from the journeyso not really an excuse and the ground was GOOD for her race when Frankels was Good to Soft.

I know the race will probably never happen due to racing distance, but Frankel IMO is the classier, beating better horses thats why he is the best in the world with less wins.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
and the wokingham handicap the same day was run in a faster time and she bolted out the gates and had every concievable chance she won shes a good horse but not a machine like frankel

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney

What heavyweights are there for her to avoid? She's raced agaisnt all she can over the 6 furlong mark. She's a sprinter not a middle distance horse, which part of that don't you get?
You cant compare BC and Frankie race times over a furlong because of the surfaces .BC can get 10 seconds a furlong on a hard dusty track but on good ground like at Ascot you wouldnt get near that. Even BC's jockey admitted his horse was getting tired on the surface.
Can't see a match up anyway because they like different distances and different surfaces

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Completely agree with you buddy. I think the aussies may have been slightly concerned as the win was less than convincing and expectations were higher in terms of margin. The horse had 2 weeks recovery time from the journeyso not really an excuse and the ground was GOOD for her race when Frankels was Good to Soft.

I know the race will probably never happen due to racing distance, but Frankel IMO is the classier, beating better horses thats why he is the best in the world with less wins.

How do you know what class of horses she's raced against?

The whole best in the world concept is complete and utter wank.

Put Frankel over 2 Miles and he'd get his arse handed to him by the worlds best stayers.

Perspective seems lost on a lot of people. maybe they get carried away with that stupid time form rubbish.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Both exceptional horses running at different distances. There are so many variables, a head-to-head will never happen. Let's just be glad there are two absolute superstars of the same generation who will be remembered for years to come.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

It's not like Frankel has proven anything over longer distances. Yet there's no calls for him to take on the worlds best stayers to prove he can beat them.

IF you think Cack Caviar is one of the best horses to have lived after that, you are more cretinous than I thought.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
IF you think Cack Caviar is one of the best horses to have lived after that, you are more cretinous than I thought.

So we're supposed to think Frankel is one of the best ever even though his race record isn't even close to emulating the true greatest equine talents of racing history? That's the kind of stupid opinions being put out there on that horse.

Black Caviar has won more group one races than Frankel's had starts. So yes I do believe she's to be rated among the greatest sprinters the equine world has ever seen.

Only a cretin would dismiss her race record and base their opinion on her on one run, a run which she still won.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She normally runs 6f, and has run 7. You make it sound like a completely different sport, which it isn't.
Eh? That's completely off topic. We're comparing two great horses, and discussing whether there's a distance that they could race together. We're not saying BC should run 10f against Frankel, or that Frankel should run 5, but both have competed at 7 (only one more than BC's preferred distance), so it's not a ridiculous idea. And we understand that they did plan to run them together.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010

But frankel is getting better!!! And black caviar is being talked about retiring!!!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
How do you know what class of horses she's raced against?

The whole best in the world concept is complete and utter wank.

Put Frankel over 2 Miles and he'd get his arse handed to him by the worlds best stayers.

Perspective seems lost on a lot of people. maybe they get carried away with that stupid time form rubbish.

Does the ranking of the opposing horses not determine the number of rank points the horses get? Bore off

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Please stop. You just making yourself look silly. You can't compare two horses like this. Your doing the equivalent of saying Wigan rugby league team would piss all over Leicester rugby union team. The only thing your proving is that you don't understand horse racing.

Worked for Charlie Moore, reg akehurst, Gary Moore. You talk yourself up to much pal. Get off your high horse how can you say you can't compare?? I'll have a grand on your 2/1 any day of the week.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
She normally runs 6f, and has run 7. You make it sound like a completely different sport, which it isn't.

I beg to differ.

The way you train a horse can vary greatly. The build of the horse can lend itself to it's best suited racing style.

She may have won over 1400 metres but her build doesn't lend itself that well to racing beyond 1200 metres. She's a hulkish 575kg 6 year old mare. What's she to gain from racing a 4 year old colt?

Eh? That's completely off topic. We're comparing two great horses, and discussing whether there's a distance that they could race together. We're not saying BC should run 10f against Frankel, or that Frankel should run 5, but both have competed at 7 (only one more than BC's preferred distance), so it's not a ridiculous idea. And we understand that they did plan to run them together.

It is a ridiculous idea because it's not her distance. Even if she beat Frankel at 1400 metres it proves absolutely nothing, Just as if he beat her at 1400 metres it means absolutely nothing.

Why race her at 1400 metres when there's a better filly back in Australia that could most likely beat BC over that distance anyway?

If I read rightly they were offered incentives to run in the Sussex Stakes against Frankel, Which isn't a 7 furlong race. It's an 8 furlong race.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Worked for Charlie Moore, reg akehurst, Gary Moore. You talk yourself up to much pal. Get off your high horse how can you say you can't compare?? I'll have a grand on your 2/1 any day of the week.

Only idiots try to compare apples to oranges is his point.

I guess those kind of people are the ones who are claiming Frankel the greatest horse to ever race. Which is utterly laughable.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Does the ranking of the opposing horses not determine the number of rank points the horses get? Bore off

And who ranks the opposition?

The same people who come up with the rubbish rankings for the lead horse?

If you knew anything about BC which you don't. You'd understand she's won 12 group 1 race, 80% of which she's been sat up on with 100-200 metres to go. Meaning her winning margins and times aren't reflective of her dominance.

Times and distances also make up parts of the time form rating meaning they aren't worth spit to being a true reflection of a horses performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports