Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frankel v black caviar

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Umm Kingston Town is considered possibly the greatest horse to ever race in OZ.

But just to show you don't know what you're on about.

Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum owns one the biggest stables in Australia. Kinda makes your statement worthy of the full of crap" department.

The Darley stud are you talking about ? A fraction of the operation of his European and American investment. Don't compare your racing, generally with that of Britain, Ireland and France because it is not on the same level.
And you personally do not even accept Timeform ratings for Christs sake do you ? :facepalm:
Black Caviar has been rated the highest filly of all time hasn't,t she. 3 points above Excelebration prior to the weekend. Well rejoice at that then mate, you,ve got a horse that the rest of Europe has actually heard of.
Time to put this one to bed now so enjoy your racing and look out for Glorious Goodwood on the 1st of august where Frankel the highest rated horse in history will be up against another field of no - hopers.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
They others were all flat to the boards. And the jockey hardly made any effort at all on BC. I would like to see a proper jockey like detorri or dare I say it fallon on board. Then see how far it wins by.

I watched the race yesterdasy evening and Black Caviar never got out of second gear. If the jockey had let her loose she'd have won by 4 or 5 lengths IMO. looked way better than anything else in the race. As for BC v Frankel, I've no idea but would love to see it.

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
Umm Kingston Town is considered possibly the greatest horse to ever race in OZ.

But just to show you don't know what you're on about.

Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum owns one the biggest stables in Australia. Kinda makes your statement worthy of the full of crap" department.

And all his best horses run in Europe, mainly the UK. In Australia, like all the countries he has horses in, he buys up decent stallions for his breeding operation. So your statement is a bit pointless really, because his lesser horses run in Oz.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The Darley stud are you talking about ? A fraction of the operation of his European and American investment. Don't compare your racing, generally with that of Britain, Ireland and France because it is not on the same level.
And you personally do not even accept Timeform ratings for Christs sake do you ? :facepalm:
Black Caviar has been rated the highest filly of all time hasn't,t she. 3 points above Excelebration prior to the weekend. Well rejoice at that then mate, you,ve got a horse that the rest of Europe has actually heard of.
Time to put this one to bed now so enjoy your racing and look out for Glorious Goodwood on the 1st of august where Frankel the highest rated horse in history will be up against another field of no - hopers.

Not on the same level? How do you figure that?

Australia and NZ race differently, but don't talk crap about it not being on the same level.

The only area where Europe is geared to being better performed is in staying races.

Southern hemisphere sprinters and middle distance horses are and have been as good as any in the world over the years. This whole Euro arrogance is such wank.

Frankel isn't the greatest horse ever at this stage, his race record isn't even near the equal of the truly greatest equine talents. All that makes him "supposedly" the greatest ever is some system developed in 1948 that even the British Horseracing Authority doesn't agree with as being completely accurate.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
And all his best horses run in Europe, mainly the UK. In Australia, like all the countries he has horses in, he buys up decent stallions for his breeding operation. So your statement is a bit pointless really, because his lesser horses run in Oz.

As your statement is a bit pointless really given he's only been the owner of it for a few years.

And why would he buy stallions here when none of our horses can compare to these wonderful euro beasts? If they are so average compared to the Euro darlings why would he even consider breeding with them?

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
As your statement is a bit pointless really given he's only been the owner of it for a few years.

And why would he buy stallions here when none of our horses can compare to these wonderful euro beasts? If they are so average compared to the Euro darlings why would he even consider breeding with them?

He's been the owner of what for a few years?

They buy horses all around the world and breed them. In his own words they fish in big ponds. I get the impression you're one of them who think he knows a great deal about racing when really you know a bit but nothing of substance.

Im very interested in these middle distance horses which are just as good as ours over here? I think your so far out of your depth on that one. You might have one to compare with 20-30 we have had over the last 10-15 years. Good luck

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Talking about meeting in 'The Sussex' I don't know much about racing but I'm guessing that's Goodwood? Would be exciting.
They even said Goodwood to help you out.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
So many assumptions of a horse that's never traveled outside it's own small world.

Hilarious you used the term "bottled it". Especially given they bottled it with Frankel and the Epsom Derby.

BC has the international score on the board. Frankel has his 3-6 horse fields at 2-3 different home tracks he can pin on his chest.

You are about as developed as the third world country you live in.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He's been the owner of what for a few years?

They buy horses all around the world and breed them. In his own words they fish in big ponds. I get the impression you're one of them who think he knows a great deal about racing when really you know a bit but nothing of substance.

Im very interested in these middle distance horses which are just as good as ours over here? I think your so far out of your depth on that one. You might have one to compare with 20-30 we have had over the last 10-15 years. Good luck

More euro-centric wank.

Jog on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So Tyrone, what is your position on this debate?
You don't think a race between the two would be appropriate, because they both have a different preferred distance.

But it is possible to compare the greatness of horses that run different distances, just like it's possible to say that Usain Bolt is currently the best runner.
So, which horse do you think is better, or do you think it's a tie?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So Tyrone, what is your position on this debate?
You don't think a race between the two would be appropriate, because they both have a different preferred distance.

But it is possible to compare the greatness of horses that run different distances, just like it's possible to say that Usain Bolt is currently the best runner.
So, which horse do you think is better, or do you think it's a tie?

My opinion is a race between the two horses proves nothing.

BC would beat Frankel over 1000-1200 metres. After that he would have her measure the further the races went.

The only reason people want them to race is because of that silly time form and their unbeaten records. If neither were held up so highly by the media nobody would bother caring about a match up between them because they are completely different horses.

A 4 year old colt against a 6 year old mare isn't any kind of dream match race imo. BC is the better sprinter, Frankel is easily the better middle distance horse.

Why people are crying out for a meeting of the two I know not why.

I'm dead against anything that suggests a horse is "the best in the world". Frankel might be the best horse at 1600 metres in the world, but that doesn't make him the best horse in every distance. There's plenty of races he could get rolled in around the world once he's taken out of his English 1600 metre comfort zone.

The greatest horse of all time will be one who won from the sprint distances to the staying distances, all in group or listed company. A horse like that could do it all.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My opinion is a race between the two horses proves nothing.

BC would beat Frankel over 1000-1200 metres. After that he would have her measure the further the races went.

The only reason people want them to race is because of that silly time form and their unbeaten records. If neither were held up so highly by the media nobody would bother caring about a match up between them because they are completely different horses.

A 4 year old colt against a 6 year old mare isn't any kind of dream match race imo. BC is the better sprinter, Frankel is easily the better middle distance horse.

Why people are crying out for a meeting of the two I know not why.

I'm dead against anything that suggests a horse is "the best in the world". Frankel might be the best horse at 1600 metres in the world, but that doesn't make him the best horse in every distance. There's plenty of races he could get rolled in around the world once he's taken out of his English 1600 metre comfort zone.

The greatest horse of all time will be one who won from the sprint distances to the staying distances, all in group or listed company. A horse like that could do it all.
Red Rum won over 5f and 36f.....surely he is the best?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm dead against anything that suggests a horse is "the best in the world". Frankel might be the best horse at 1600 metres in the world, but that doesn't make him the best horse in every distance.
People like to compare sporting greats. No horse will ever be the best at every distance, that's ridiculous. Just like no 100m champion will ever be the best marathon runner, and no lightweight champion will ever be the best heavyweight.

No horse will ever be able to do everything. We can only compare horses that actually exist.

So, to conclude, your opinion is that you don't want to compare them. That's fine. Others do want to compare them, so why don't you just let them carry on?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course it's difficult to compare the greats in any sport, but that's half the bloody fun. Ali has been referred to as the greatest (mostly by himself) but he's nowhere near IMO. Reaching agreement is never easy. But at least we can all agree that Frankel is better than BC (Tyrone will respectably abstain, as he doesn't think they should be compared).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
People like to compare sporting greats. No horse will ever be the best at every distance, that's ridiculous. Just like no 100m champion will ever be the best marathon runner, and no lightweight champion will ever be the best heavyweight.

I've always thought those people quite silly to be honest.

And I agree, no horse will be the best over every distances. So don't label a horse the best in the world when there's plenty of other horses out there who can beat it on their preferred distances. I like perspective as a way to balance all opinions.

No horse will ever be able to do everything. We can only compare horses that actually exist.

There are horses that have done it all. Phar Lap is an example. Won the Group 2 Linlithgow stakes over 1200 metres and in the same year won the Melbourne Cup over 3200 metres.

He did it all. I'm sure there have been other horses who achieved similar feats.

So, to conclude, your opinion is that you don't want to compare them. That's fine. Others do want to compare them, so why don't you just let them carry on?

They can carry on all they wish. I only interjected when I read hear stupid, outlandish views of superiority with no basis other than some rating system that overrates some animals achievements and underrates others.

Most of the people who are rating BC have seen her race once. Only an idiot would rate a horse on one performance without seeing the other 21.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here