• No

Votes: 59 39.1%

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
View attachment 153028

Point of contact.

We need to see less of these given as fouls so I'm fine with it. Haaland has nowhere else to go as Webster is coming across him.
That simply shows Haaland's bent arm gearing up to shove over Webster, who was off balance with no way of staying on his feet. If Webster had been coming across and did the same to Haaland, he'd have been sent off. Not because he's a Brighton player and Haaland plays for City, but because it's a foul.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
But it's a bit late appealing at half time. I agree that he appealed at the time, but the fact that Bodian thinks he didn't does highlight that it wasn't much of an appeal. Instead of curled up wounded, it was more of an 'oh, he scored, could you perhaps give us a free kick ref?'
Huh? I said Webster was STILL complaining at half-time.

He complained strongly at the time too. Not the split second after the goal, admitedly (as he was on the floor). But there were plenty of protests from Albion players.

It was blatently a big club decision.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Huh? I said Webster was STILL complaining at half-time.

He complained strongly at the time too. Not the split second after the goal, admitedly (as he was on the floor). But there were plenty of protests from Albion players.

It was blatently a big club decision.
Big club at home with fans getting restless, no way was the ref going to give a foul. Mike Dean might have done, that’s about it, the others are intimidated.

Sick making how the ref was matey with the City players too

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I do not recall a similar situation. Can you point me to it?
Cancelo was sent off after about 10 minutes in the 3-2 home victory against City, for a 'last-man' foul when Welbeck was through. My view is that Haaland pushing Webster over was a more obvious foul than that one even though, on balance, Cancelo fouled Welbeck.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Cancelo was sent off after about 10 minutes in the 3-2 home victory against City, for a 'last-man' foul when Welbeck was through. My view is that Haaland pushing Webster over was a more obvious foul than that one even though, on balance, Cancelo fouled Welbeck.
Oh I didn't think you were referring to that as that was a very different scenario. Firstly, the defender mistimed the ball allowing Welbeck to get in front of him, after which the defender tangles his arm with Welbeck which is always going to be given as a foul.
The Haaland - Webster one was simply a case of was it too much force or not. Which the top 6 are always going to come out on top of the decision on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here