Votes: 92 60.9%
  • No

Votes: 59 39.1%

• Total voters

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Ok we have debated the penalty incident but think this needs equal discussion.

Haalands first goal - was it a foul on Webster ??

He literally pushes him out of the way, surely a foul ?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
How that was allowed is beyond me, especially wghen the same ref decided the much less contact on Dunk in the second half WAS a foul. As others have said, the standard of refereeing decisions is appauling at times. Does anyone truly believe the Penalty ot first goal would have sttod had it been for Brighton and not City?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
No foul. Its a contact sport.

Haaland was just stronger.

Find it hard to blame Webster. Don't think there's more than two or three PL CBs that could challenge Haaland in such a situation.
Do you not think Haaland pushes Webster ?
I agree it’s a contact sport but you surely can’t lay hands on a player and push him over ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
nah, but if Webster does the same and Haadland goes down its a freekick.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Do you not think Haaland pushes Webster ?
I agree it’s a contact sport but you surely can’t lay hands on a player and push him over ?
Not really, no. As I see it they go shoulder to shoulder at first and then when Webster is already falling, Haaland pushes him away. But you see the exact same thing in most similar situations, some hands here and there. Difference is that Haaland is obscenely strong so it just gets more noticable.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Not really, no. As I see it they go shoulder to shoulder at first and then when Webster is already falling, Haaland pushes him away. But you see the exact same thing in most similar situations, some hands here and there. Difference is that Haaland is obscenely strong so it just gets more noticable.
Fair enough 👍
Haaland is a beast and like you said, not many defenders in the Premier League would have coped any better.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That was piss poor from Webster, but I am from a generation that remembers Alex Dawson, Ron Yeates, Ron Harris, Franco Beresi, Dave Mackay, John Fashanu, Stuart Pearce, Paulo Montero, Duncan Ferguson etc :wink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Definitely pushes Webster in the back - was no way a 50/50 fair shoulder barge

1.png

Point of contact.

We need to see less of these given as fouls so I'm fine with it. Haaland has nowhere else to go as Webster is coming across him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here