Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football's nice, but it's not the most important thing.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He’s done that because I warned him I’d perma-ban him from the site if he proselytised on a third thread.

This thread is his oh-so-clever attempt to stay just within the bounds of not proselytising.

He may just have succeeded.

Unfortunately, in doing so, he’s strayed over the line of a long-standing rule of not trolling.

I’ve perma-banned him.

:shrug:
He‘ll not be missed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I like football, but sometimes it seems to me that some people almost turn it into their religion, which is their choice, but is a wrong thing to do in my opinion.
What's religion?

Following Brighton is as close as I'll ever get

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In my experience, it takes a life-changing event like the passing away of a parent to put things in context. True. But the emotional and time investment in the Albion is something I'll never regret. Never.
Life changing events happen all the time, I lost both parents within months of each other 11 years ago, lost my wife last year. Watching Brighton was a far better thing to do than going to to see hypocritical people in a church.

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Totally disagree.
Its sparked quite an interesting thread IMO, compared with a lot of the post-season bollocks posted on here (my own guff included).
You’re welcome to disagree, as am I. Total nonsense.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
When the season finishes I like to have a bit of time off football, haven't seen any friendlies or kept up to date with signings..

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I’ve missed football so much that I’m even contemplating going to watch Crawley vs Bradford on Saturday

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’ve missed football so much that I’m even contemplating going to watch Crawley vs Bradford on Saturday
Do it. I’ll be at Tranmere v Barrow. The Albion used to be my reality check from the razzmatazz of top flight football. Now we are a part of it but the enjoyment of the lower leagues doesn’t go away.
Ps I suppose it’s a bit like going to a local prayer meeting (is that a thing ?) rather than Westminster Cathedral….just to keep on topic on this churchy thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here