Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football's nice, but it's not the most important thing.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Football is not more important than the health and wellbeing of you and your family.

But Brighton has been there for me when I needed it the most. I love this club more than is probably healthy and I could not do without in my life. It’s part of my identity. I am sure apart from the plastics every true football fan from non league to premier league feel the same way about their team.

it is why in the uk we have so many clubs and why they are so important to their community.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I like football, but sometimes it seems to me that some people almost turn it into their religion, which is their choice, but is a wrong thing to do in my opinion.
We aren't all Bill Shankley.

But don't underestimate what it brings, especially to people who are having a tough time.

If it's 'losing one's shit' that is on your mind, this is mostly over excited yoof who have taken too much snuff and lemonade.

We on NSC always take everything about Brighton seriously because this is the place to do it. I have tried explaining how pleased I am with RDZ's punk rock football experiment to the cat, and even to Mrs T, but all I get back is a purring sound and meaningful looks that probably have something to do with food.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I like football, but sometimes it seems to me that some people almost turn it into their religion, which is their choice, but is a wrong thing to do in my opinion.
Would it be easier to merge with your Christian Seeker thread?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Alright for some. I just get a despondent glazed look before and attempt at clawing my eyes out. (We don't have a cat.) :LOL:
Try saying 'here kitty' a bit. A gold-plated winner :thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There should be some sort of rule against starting a thread and then buggering off and not responding to any direct questions, maybe start with a month ban from starting threads for the first offence!!!
He’s done that because I warned him I’d perma-ban him from the site if he proselytised on a third thread.

This thread is his oh-so-clever attempt to stay just within the bounds of not proselytising.

He may just have succeeded.

Unfortunately, in doing so, he’s strayed over the line of a long-standing rule of not trolling.

I’ve perma-banned him.

:shrug:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
He’s done that because I warned him I’d perma-ban him from the site if he proselytised on a third thread.

This thread is his oh-so-clever attempt to stay just within the bounds of not proselytising.

Unfortunately, in doing so, he’s strayed over the line of a long-standing rule of not trolling.

I’ve perma-banned him.

Good, bloke was a closet-satanist.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There should be some sort of rule against starting a thread and then buggering off and not responding to any direct questions, maybe start with a month ban from starting threads for the first offence!!!
He does move in a mysterious way ???

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
NSC was born out of the need and desire to save the club. At least I like to think so. . . . It's grown, evolved, changed, but is THE football forum.

I like A break from everything periodically, football included . A good Life is a rich tapestry, not a white wall.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I’ve perma-banned him.

From the thread or the whole of almighty NSC? Crikey.

And please don't perma-ban me for starting a thread on The Church of Albion. 🙏

(awaits someone I have on ignore starting a pole).

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
We aren't all Bill Shankley.

But don't underestimate what it brings, especially to people who are having a tough time.

If it's 'losing one's shit' that is on your mind, this is mostly over excited yoof who have taken too much snuff and lemonade.

We on NSC always take everything about Brighton seriously because this is the place to do it. I have tried explaining how pleased I am with RDZ's punk rock football experiment to the cat, and even to Mrs T, but all I get back is a purring sound and meaningful looks that probably have something to do with food.
Yiu think it's a purring sound but actually it's Cat for 'inverted Pyramid'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm like this with people who have zero interest in music/gigs. I have plenty of friends who just seem to go to the pub and talk relentlessly about football, mainly Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd chat, bragging about who's won what.

Give me a back street boozer with a local band thrashing away any day.
Absolutely. I'm a bit of a sucker for a good tribute act, tbh.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What is it the late great Bill Shankly famously said? Football is far more limportant than life or death.

Something like that anyway.
The actual quote is more like: “ there are those who think that football is a matter of life and death, but I think it’s more important than that.”

and he was JOKING!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here