Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football's nice, but it's not the most important thing.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
It's always weird having conversations with my near neighbors about football , 2 of whom are Arsenal fans and the other a ManU ,and I usually try to steer away from the subject ,
From what I can gather between the 3 of them they have seen their teams play just twice . The ManU fan has never been to Old Trafford but apparently has seen them at the Goldstone ground . All good salt of the earth types mind that you could trust with your last pound but I just don't understand what they get from their obsession .

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It's always weird having conversations with my near neighbors about football , 2 of whom are Arsenal fans and the other a ManU ,and I usually try to steer away from the subject ,
From what I can gather between the 3 of them they have seen their teams play just twice . The ManU fan has never been to Old Trafford but apparently has seen them at the Goldstone ground . All good salt of the earth types mind that you could trust with your last pound but I just don't understand what they get from their obsession .
I often wonder this with a few colleagues, what do they actually get from the game? What is enjoyable about clapping a telly.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have some information about myself that may alarm you. How does 223 Games a season sound to you?
Jack, I think the '2' key on your computer is a little stuck again.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
A middle aged man in fleece, sensible walking shoes and football scarf with a pint, surrounded by reams of skinny young hipsters out for the weekend, foghorning at each other.

Never heard that term before. Quite like to know which of these you mean. Asking for a friend, obviously.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I like football, but sometimes it seems to me that some people almost turn it into their religion, which is their choice, but is a wrong thing to do in my opinion.
If the Albion started knocking on my door dressed in a mustard suit, them I'd have to rethink.
But as they're not of that persuasion, I'm all for the Albion pontificating and wafting smoke up my jacksy.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No football itself isn’t that important in the grand scheme of things but it has provided the basis for a shared hobby with my father & the resulting hundreds of hours of quality time with him. So for me it does hold a decent level of importance.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the older I get the more I care less about football. Yes when I get there I do get very involved and vocal, but once the game is over, it’s gone as far as I am concerned.

i used to think about fixtures whist looking at holidays, but now it doesn’t worry me at all.

don’t get me wrong the last few years have been outstanding but although I missed some great games last year like Chelsea and West Ham at home, I didn’t regret missing them, and I don’t go away anymore so I only tend to see about 70% of home games.

looking forward to European games for the atmosphere really and if we have away games in Europe that I can combine with an overseas trip and go in the home ends then that would work too.( not holding out much hope but you never know)

BTW so far the Bournemouth ticket will be on the exchange and probably most of the January or February games the same.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Has Bill Shanklly been resurrected?

1690912438071.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here