Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fighting amongst our own fans.....

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Yay! Another Albion game in London resulting in reports of in-fighting; & a mob of self-styled 'hard-men' going up there with the intention of creating a scene by 'acting up'. :rolleyes:

Is it any wonder that an increasing number of folk give such games the swerve these days? Deary me.

Drivel, no better or worse than ever really. Wouldn't call 3k at Upton Park evidence of people swerving these games.

Dandyman

In London village.
i was at plaistow station after the game... nothing happened there. load of bollox.

Same here. No problems at all at Plaistow (other than the knowledge of our worst performance of the season).

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
The best bit from the scuffle in the ground was the son, who looked about 28 telling the police they had to let his dad back in because he was now "stuck in east London with no idea how to get home"

I'm his son, I'm 17 and I was doing what I could to get him back in the ground because he had my younger brothers train tickets and I said are you going to leave him in eastlondon with no train tickets to get home with,

phatsam99

Jul 6, 2011
I'm not saying he didn't have the right to boo its the fact the "44 year old" snapped when another fan was clapping and was getting in the older mans faces. O which the guy did call him a tw*t which he was being. My friend only stepped in then your friend grabbed the guy by the neck area and started to try and fight him. Then my friend stop it do your muture 44 year old friend started I him and that's when the fight kick off. You lot need to get you facts right you was getting food the lot of you and didn't even see it!!!!

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
Laughable on so many levels. Large man hurling abuse and obscenities at his own team, can't take it when someone gives him some stick back. If a few words were exchanged and that was the end of it, there would be no ejections, but no he can't control his temper and starts on someone else. The fight was handbags and everyone had completely calmed down by the time the stewards and police decided to intervene.

His sidekick (was it his son ?) returns to the stand glares a few times at the name caller and gets on with watching the match, until about 20 minutes into the second half when he aims a string of obscenities at Robert Green, which attracts the attention of a couple of stewards. He then suggests that this is all down to the abuse the West Ham fans are giving out, which is illegal. 10 minutes later he has had enough and departs.

If this is passion, I think I prefer prawn sandwiches.

90% of Brighton fans where commenting on how shit we was very loudly not just him. Are you saying if someone calls you a t*wat or a s*it supporter you will stand there and shake there hand then? The only things I said (I'm his son) said a out green was when I joined in with the other 2000 fans singing about him in the word cup
My reaction to the homophobic chanting was what attracted the stewards because I shouted at the stewards saying they shouldn't be aloud to do that and all the police and stewards where doing where laughing about it which is unacceptable

Hope you enjoy your samwhiches

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
I'm not saying he didn't have the right to boo its the fact the "44 year old" snapped when another fan was clapping and was getting in the older mans faces. O which the guy did call him a tw*t which he was being. My friend only stepped in then your friend grabbed the guy by the neck area and started to try and fight him. Then my friend stop it do your muture 44 year old friend started I him and that's when the fight kick off. You lot need to get you facts right you was getting food the lot of you and didn't even see it!!!!

I came back from the toilet when it was all over to the police and stewards gathered round the stand and a number of people pointing at my dad the police then took him away and spoke to him i was told what happened by my younger brother then explained it all to me. Either way you don't call someone a twat when he is already pissed off

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Pretty much. I thought this was interesting...

WHAT THE CLUB SAY..(from programme)

"West Ham have signed up to the Govt's sports charter to tackle homophobia, committing football league clubs to challenge discrimination and tackle the issue of homophobia and transphobia both on and off the field. Clubs will strive t make football a welcome place for everyone."

WHAT THE FANS SAID..

"Do you take it up the ar*e?"
"Rent boys, rent boys"
"Does your boyfriend know you're here?"
"Stand up, cos you can't sit down"

Hmm.

and the Hammers Mascot waggling his backside at Brighton Supporters.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Drivel, no better or worse than ever really. Wouldn't call 3k at Upton Park evidence of people swerving these games.

I wasn't referring to the number who go (since there's a much bigger clamour to get tickets for such games these days). I'm talking about the type of individuals that the games increasingly attract. I know a good number of people who've had enough of some of the so-called Albion supporters who turn up for London fixtures & behave like absolute tossers (fueled by copious amounts of booze). And in case you haven't worked it out yet, that's based on my own experiences - which evidently differ from your own.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Too many Danny Dyer type's following us these

This, saw a few "Danny Dyer" types squaring up to each other at Donny last month as well - police stepped in quickly for that. This does seem pretty pathetic though, just because 1 guy didnt like it as they clapped instead of booed the team off - got to respect each others opinions i guess, however correct or wrong they are.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
When I left the game I walked past a pub called the Queens I think and could hear some glasses smash (thought most bars only use plastic on matchdays, unless it was the bar display) with a few police running in. Then got in the queue for the tube station, just to see some Brighton fans with blooded noses walking down, calling everyone in the line a c u next Tuesday....waiting for the first person to look at them funny or say something so they could probably hit them........quite sad!!!

We left when the 5th goal went in. As we passed The Queens all we could hear was "Good Old Sussex By The Sea" from inside the pub!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Down the front, left of goal. A couple started scraping after a row. Two got thrown out.

yeah i saw them both get thrown out but didnt see what happened or why they started scrapping - clearly not very high up the gene pool.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
f***ing hell! If you aren't allowed to boo the team when they are 3 nil down after 10 minutes and playing like absolute ***** when can you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here