Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferdinand says that Terry was 'blatantly racist'

D

Deleted member 2719

[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] Are you saying that racism is not bad and shouldn't be punished?

No i am saying that banter doesn't mean racist.

Ferdinand is just a girls blouse and should except part of a competitve game as alot of other black players and ginger and fat do. Do you think razor ruddock was never called a slow fat *u*T at times? Don't remember him bleating like a girl.

People need to get real. Ferdinand and his brother have gone right down in my estimation.

When you see Terry going through brixton with some mates and a few baseball bats in there hands and a few coloured guys laying down with bumps on there heads you may just have a point.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Very true. Will be interesting to see the reaction of Drogba, Anelka, Ashley Cole et al if he's found guilty

I've seen this type of thing written a lot in the context of this case. Personally, I'd imagine the black and mixed race players would feel just as disgusted as the white ones IF Terry was to be proven guilty.

I'm white and I'd feel incredibly uncomfortable working with someone who held- and, more pertinently expressed- outwardly racist views. You don't have to be from an ethnic minority to be offended by racist language or behaviour do you? If I heard a fellow Albion supporter calling someone a black **** at a game I'd have no qualms whatsoever about challenging them over it.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] But if there is a whole campaign about kicking racism out of football it has to be looked at seriously, and if no one cares about it like you are suggesting, it will be looked at as not being bad so will therefore could become more frequent in football and there could become a point in which it will start to affect grass route football and youngsters replicating there idols on and of off the pitch.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Although I don't like Terry at least he has the decency to admit to saying it despite still not admitting it in the same context as what is accused.

If you or I committed the same offence at work we would be sacked , what is it that justifies a premiership player the right to be racist and keep his job

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
[MENTION=22292]Mutts Nuts[/MENTION] I said that on the last page and very much agree with what you are saying, double standards :rant:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I reckon they ought to stick Terry on a Ducking Stool. That'd give us a definitive answer. :thumbsup:

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
[MENTION=11828]Twinkle Toes[/MENTION] Think that the FA should he would probably just hands down admit it. :lolol:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
[MENTION=22292]Mutts Nuts[/MENTION] I said that on the last page and very much agree with what you are saying, double standards :rant:

Sorry mate i read the 1st post or two and then skipped to last page did not read any thing inbetween,at least we agree the over paid racist twat should not play proffesional football again

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
[MENTION=22292]Mutts Nuts[/MENTION] By the way I didn't mean double standards to you if you took it the wrong way :), and yeah people could live about 4 years on one weeks wage of a footballer bloody annoys me!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Quite frankly, all the apologist talk along the lines of 'he used racially offensive language but he's not racist. He's just trying to get a competitive, psychological advantage' is a load of bollocks.

Anyone who chooses to use language designed to hurt someone along racial lines is demonstrating behaviour no better than someone who believes the racist language coming out of their mouth.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Quite frankly, all the apologist talk along the lines of 'he used racially offensive language but he's not racist. He's just trying to get a competitive, psychological advantage' is a load of bollocks.

Anyone who chooses to use language designed to hurt someone along racial lines is demonstrating behaviour no better than someone who believes the racist language coming out of their mouth.

If Terry plays another game proffesionaly, the Kick racism campaign is a joke

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
How the f*** can anyone claim his contextual claim is not valid? In the replay some one walks in front of the camera in the words preceding what he admitted to saying...

I really do not like Terry but its not exactly black and white (geddit?) stuff, there is a massive area of grey where the words we can't see define whether this man is racist. And innocent until PROVEN guilty, not suspected.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How the f*** can anyone claim his contextual claim is not valid? In the replay some one walks in front of the camera in the words preceding what he admitted to saying...

Terry's argument is that he used the term to explain to Anton that he hadn't used the term, which seems unnecessary in itself "Did you call me a black ****?" "no" would suffice. "Eff of, did I!" would suffice. He didn't need to use the term to deny having used the term. Further to that, Anton, or sources close to him, claim Anton never asked Terry if he had used a racial insult, which goes against Terry's explanation about the context.

Last edited:

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
Anton has also been reported of saying that he didn't even notice it until he saw it on youtube later so it makes Terry's version look even more stupid!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Terry's argument is that he used the term to explain to Anton that he hadn't used the term, which seems unnecessary in itself "Did you call me a black ****?" "no" would suffice. Eff of, did I!" would suffice. He didn't need to use the term to deny it having used the term. Further to that, Anton, or sources close to him, claim Anton never asked Terry if he had used a racial insult, which goes against Terry's explanation about the context.

Assuming Anton asked him directly. However should Anton have been over heard by terry saying "He called me a black ****" and Terry responds" WHAT!? I DIDN'T CALL YOU A BLACK ****! f*** OFF... etc" is that not plausible?

Don't get it twisted I really don't like Terry but we've lampooned him for being a racist, based on the youtube video of the end half of a sentence.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
frank sinclair did some presentation on the pitch at half time yesterday to be greated by the arsenal fans with chants of 'John Terry hates you'......

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Assuming Anton asked him directly. However should Anton have been over heard by terry saying "He called me a black ****" and Terry responds" WHAT!? I DIDN'T CALL YOU A BLACK ****! f*** OFF... etc" is that not plausible?

I still don't see how it is necessary to say exactly what it was he was denying saying. Even if he overheard Anton telling a team mate what he thought Terry had said a "no I didn't" makes the same point.

Even so, that still wouldn't fit with Anton claiming he never heard the abuse, so never complained to anyone about it until seeing the youtube video and discussing it with QPR after the game.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You dont call them coloured i got in so much trouble for that when i was younger as a police cadet.

A lot of people don't seem to understand why 'coloured' is offensive. I believe it's down to the history of the apartheid system in South Africa where 'coloureds' were treated even worse than 'blacks' in the social structure. Anyone that draws comparisons with racism and abuse of people for being 'fat', 'ginger' etc is really missing the point. Fat people and gingers haven't been through centuries of real discrimination based on something as arbitrary as skin colour. Likewise, that's why calling someone a 'honky' isn't as offensive - its not a term rooted in centuries of oppression.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here