Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferdinand says that Terry was 'blatantly racist'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Anton said he didnt hear Terry's comments.

'I had no idea it had happened until I left the ground. It was pretty shocking. It’s crazy, I can’t believe it.'
[Anton] Ferdinand added in the People: 'I don’t need to say anything, it’s all on YouTube, everyone can see what he said. What do you think he said? Look, it’s with the FA now.'

but now his brother can tell us something is blantant???

putting aside the person involved i find the trial by youtube very concerning.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
I think that youtube is good for things like this, as, if Anton Ferdinand really didn't hear it then now he can press charges, because otherwise Terry wouldn't be punished for something he did.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
He would carry on playing as he has never been racist to any player at the club and all the players seem to like him, so really would he get sacked because of having black players on his team?

I hope that he would...

I would imagine, if proven guilty, the black players at Chelsea would refuse to play in the same side as him.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would imagine, if proven guilty, the black players at Chelsea would refuse to play in the same side as him.

This would be the ultimate test of money versus principles for the highly paid professional players at Chelsea.

There is of course no indication that he might do the same thing again, though my mind keeps drifting to the cases where someone is defending their pitbull dog who has just chewed the face off a three year old kid..."he never behaves like that when he is at home!"

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This would be the ultimate test of money versus principles for the highly paid professional players at Chelsea.

Very true. Will be interesting to see the reaction of Drogba, Anelka, Ashley Cole et al if he's found guilty

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
Hopefully he is sacked or the black players refuse to play with him so then they end up sacking him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If he's found guilty, I imagine the people at chelsea, who know john terry, will know if it is in keeping with how he treats the people there and will act accordingly. That is, if he doesn't normally exhibit any racist tendencies they would probably dismiss the findings under the belief that the FA/Kick It Out campaign needed a poster child to hang their agenda on. He's not really racist...

Or perhaps believing he was screwed over by Ferdinand who wanted the england captaincy back, or revenge for Terry getting the armband.

Of course, if he is normally racist and this was a crack in a previously well-maintained facade, it will give them the opportunity to refuse to play with him, but I imagine the former is more likely.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
Still though no one from QPR has said that they have heard it so doesn't look like it will get that far.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know if Terry is racist or not, but 'if' he is close friends with some of his black colleagues, they may know that he's not. If he did call Anton a black (not blind) **** then that is racist, but it is possible for someone who isn't racist to make a racist comment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I imagine the people at chelsea, who know john terry, will know if it is in keeping with how he treats the people there and will act accordingly.
Exactly.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Still though no one from QPR has said that they have heard it so doesn't look like it will get that far.

Surely if he has admitted saying them in some sort of context then no one at QPR has to have heard it?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is anyone else note how odd it is the papers and news sites always * out the naughty words but not the word this is all over? shirly, they should write "f***ing ***** ****"? or " ******* ***** ****"?

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If he did call Anton a black (not blind) **** then that is racist, but it is possible for someone who isn't racist to make a racist comment.

It is indeed possible for something to slip out that inadvertantly and unintentionally causes offence...but not often with the venom that Terry appears to have launched his tirade.

D

Deleted member 2719

I think that youtube is good for things like this, as, if Anton Ferdinand really didn't hear it then now he can press charges, because otherwise Terry wouldn't be punished for something he did.

FFs so why can't people take a bit of banter nowadays it's not as if he has a white hood or is part of the national front. It's just banter and all sports people pick up on insecurities and use it in a competitive way.

Sorry but i am all for the saying "sticks and stones will break my bones but words can never hurt me".

Some people have turned into a bunch of Poofs er i mean wimps er i mean..................

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] Are you saying that racism is not bad and shouldn't be punished?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It is indeed possible for something to slip out that inadvertantly and unintentionally causes offence...but not often with the venom that Terry appears to have launched his tirade.
Yeah maybe, but footballers do tend to be quite venomous in general, like threatening to break oppnents legs etc.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
FFs so why can't people take a bit of banter nowadays it's not as if he has a white hood or is part of the national front. It's just banter and all sports people pick up on insecurities and use it in a competitive way.

Sorry but i am all for the saying "sticks and stones will break my bones but words can never hurt me".

Some people have turned into a bunch of Poofs er i mean wimps er i mean..................

could not have said better myself rights or wrongs of it for people saying he should lose his living is'nt right
what do we call coloured people these days

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
[MENTION=3300]macky[/MENTION] Well for saying to someone "yeah can you hear me? You f*cking black c*nt, f*cking nob head" I'm sure some people in their job would get sacked, so why should this be any different?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
[MENTION=3300]macky[/MENTION] Well for saying to someone "yeah can you hear me? You f*cking black c*nt, f*cking nob head" I'm sure some people in their job would get sacked, so why should this be any different?
would there have been such a uproar if he had been called a honky

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
[MENTION=3300]macky[/MENTION] Probably not on the basis of that Terry is 'Caucasian' and the term couldn't be used as an offense. But he didn't just go 'black' then go away did he? Its in the whole context of being angry and annoyed at someone so then proceed to refer to the persons skin colour as a way to offend the person to get back at them for annoying them and also using derogatory terms at the same time to get back at the person. So there is no reason why anyone can defend him.

So to your original question macky no there probably wouldn't be such an uproar.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here