Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feeling flat

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
We'll be alright when the time comes, just a bit fed-up now. The fans were fine when we equalised - I've read that a few hear barely celebrated, but most did, because we know the team showed amazing spirit, coming from behind with only 10 men. And when the players did their lap of honour, the fans still showed faith.

We were a lot better than the Burnley fans even after they went 1-0 up against QPR. Away support has been great this year and will be at Boro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Flat? Nah....I'm with Brightons number 13

stocko.png

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nope. Been saying since Feb we will need to win at Boro and still the case. We can do it and I'm supremely confident we can do it. Because we can. And I can see the negative in most things, but weirdly I've just had a feeling we will go up automatically for last 3 months not matter what. Pre match I was confident there would be a twist and said, being the Albion, it would likely be we won't win today but will at Boro. Years of experience knowing the Albion as I and many others do. It was always going to be the case. So cheer up Bozza, in your heart you knew this would happen but the final chapter is still to come. And that's us winning on Teeside!

Humbleclaret

Banned
May 2, 2016
On the upside at least you'll have Dunk for the playoffs. He will be vital in the promotion race. Good luck! ~ humbleclaret

theboybilly

If you lot are going to be like this in a Middlesborough pub next Friday I'm fecking off to York for the evening. What's changed really? - we were always going to have to win at the Riverside. Greer won't let us down and Albion will be up for the fight. 90 minutes from glory we are. #Together.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The season is going down to the last game and if we don't get the result required we have a Plan B and the Playoffs. How can anyone feel down this is still such a fantastic opportunity.
We seem to have forgot about #together.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Initially a bit flat maybe - and not the elation I'd normally have felt from a last gasp goal.........BUT..........

.........we were never going to be able to clinch promotion today anyway. We still need to beat 'Boro on Saturday, so no change from 24 hours ago (OK theoretically a draw might have done, but how easy is it to go out and play for a draw?) Fair day's work today, boys, a fair day's work.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Flat!!! I feel like I'm lying in the road having been run over by a steam roller and I can't move and the damn thing is now reversing for another go.

Second half was a joke with us willingly conceding possession. Ball to Stockdale and all he doe is hoof it forward even when defenders are available to play it out to. As for KLL, shouldn't even waste a space on the bench for him next week. He isn't showing any indication of the early season form. Murphy should have been on instead of KLL.

As for the ref, another example of ineffectual application of the laws of the game. First half Martin deliberately throws the ball away following a free kick to us and doesn't get a booking. Anther Derby player deliberately brings down a player to prevent a break away and doesn't get booked. What is it with these idiots with whistles that are so inconsistent..

Not looking forward to wasting time travelling to Boro but it has to be done!!!!!

I agree with every word apart from your first sentence. I would've felt like that had we lost, but we didn't. We kept going and got a point. We scored a goal right at the death.

We never give up and we're not going to give up now. Roll on Saturday. Bring it on.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
We are one game away from the premier league, and even if we don't win we have the play offs against teams who aren't as good as us. I do not feel flat at all.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Knowing that the loft catch has broken,we simply have to smash down the ceiling..

If we go up at the Riverside we can never be accused of "sneaking" promotion.

It will have been earned in blood..

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take the time from me,
And I’ll sing you a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea!

Never give in. Win.

5 days until Premier League.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
9 days of stress and worry and then to turn in that performance with the sending off is enough to make anyone feel flat
Its like letting all the air out of a balloon.
I hope that it will fire us up and make us fight on Saturday, if it does then we stand a good chance.
I now feel very different (at the moment) I almost don't care about Saturday and I will just sit back and see what happens because to get a win up there is a big ask and I am now not sure how we are going to play after todays very lacklustre performance. I am not going to have another few days like the past 9.
No doubt I will feel very different by Friday.

bt25

May 7, 2013
Was never going to be an easy game. Derby are a strong side. But I was expecting a relatively comfortable win given the momentum we had and the stakes. Can't dwell on it though. We have it in us to go and win at Boro. Let's go and do the business!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I always thought this was going to be really tough. I got VERY annoyed listening to one of the commentators on the Burnley game (as I drove home) - kept saying how poor we had been earlier on. OK, it wasn't a vintage performance, but Derby are an excellent side, and (after a few blips this season) they are one of the best sides in the Championship. When you look at their team, you wonder how the hell they haven't gone up automatically. In my view they're considerably better than Burnley. We could easily get them in the Play-off final - and if so, I'm not sure we'd beat them. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here