Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feeling flat

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It has always been about the last game (the last 5 weeks anyway) and that is what it comes to now. I would rather have Dunk than today's draw but I can't. What we do have is a team that fought to the end to get that draw against a very professional team.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not flat just the realisation that now with Derby out of the way we are 90min from possible promotion. I am going to be a wreck this week and have no idea how nerves will cope with watching on Saturday

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surprised at the reactions. We matched or even possibly edged a game again a side playing MUCH better than Boro have recently. Derby pressed us very hard all over the pitch and made us look ponderous.

Saturday is winner takes all and Boro will still be shitting themselves.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I was feeling a little deflated after the final whistle, but as we were applauding the players during their appreciation lap a chorus of
"We are going up" was sung and at that moment the players faces changed from thoughtful to one of happiness and dare I say, belief. :albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No other way of putting it, we blew it after an excellent first half. Dare I say choked?

I'm a negative ****er though and this team have proved me wrong again and again this season. One more time please lads.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pendulum has swung back to Boro I'm afraid. We need to go up there to win, but not get embarrassed if we do end up in the play offs

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Don't know about flat, I feel a bit pissed but that's my fault.

Maybe a sober assessment will need to wait for tomorrow but tonight I am delighted we didn't lose despite not playing well. A draw's no good to us next week now, but honestly I couldn't see this team holding out for a draw at Boro anyway. Not our strong suit. We need to go all in and if we score first I think we have a chance. Got to be at our best though. When we hit that level we are pretty hard to play against.

Nov 5, 2012
chichester
I was feeling a little deflated after the final whistle, but as we were applauding the players during their appreciation lap a chorus of
"We are going up" was sung and at that moment the players faces changed from thoughtful to one of happiness and dare I say, belief. :albion2:

The trouble is Boro will have 33k pissed up fans singing exactly the same thing on Saturday. :eek:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Very flat. Not so much about the result but:

* We did not play well at all today, lost the 50/50s, gave away possession and lacked creativity in our most important game of the season so far
* Dunk was ridiculous, to dive in like that after already getting a stupid first yellow was ludicrous
* Brough will have watched on rubbing their hands together following their game on Friday, they were the ones feeling low, especially if we had won again today
* Burnley went into their game today knowing we had choked.

All in all it has left me feeling very down tonight. I still want to believe but part of me feels like today was the day we knobbed it up.

this,

Derby played with 3 in central mid and we got over-run in 2nd half, boro will also play with a 3. Somehow need to get control of the midfield next week.

Honestly thought we wouldnt finish in top 2 weeks ago with our final 2 games, and even though we still have a chance the odds of us doing it (and now needing to actually win) are slim.

If we dont beat boro, then Hughton has a massive task in trying to get those players refocussed on Sheff Wed. Here's hoping we can upset the odds

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yep feeling flat as well , my problem is apart from the Hull match at home , we have not managed to beat any of the top 6 teams home or away , so what we have to do next Saturday is do something we have not managed all season , it's going to be tough , let's hope Borough choke like we did today

This.
Plus the fact that Boro have only lost 2 home games this season. Conceding only 7 goals in 22 matches. It's a big ask.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not flat at all. Been expecting us to have to win at Boro to go up automatically (at best) for a few weeks. Almost better to be going up there needing to go for it rather than potentially being able to try to nick a draw. Miss out, and we've got another shot at it in the playoffs (I know, I know). Sense the players will be massively up for if if we miss out on the autos.

Not telling you how this was sent or from what device [emoji867]

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Boro have been getting draws and streaky 1 goal wins against teams that are far weaker than us. They do have the edge with only needing a draw, but we would be the last team that they'd want to have to play to get that draw, and I include Burnley in that - a team that only won 1-0 against a side we stuffed 4-0 less than 2 weeks ago.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Agree with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - feeling very flat.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not flat at all. Been expecting us to have to win at Boro to go up automatically (at best) for a few weeks. Almost better to be going up there needing to go for it rather than potentially being able to try to nick a draw. Miss out, and we've got another shot at it in the playoffs (I know, I know). Sense the players will be massively up for if if we miss out on the autos.

Not telling you how this was sent or from what device [emoji867]

the thing is now though, in needing a win instead of just a draw, is if boro score first. we then need 2, which is a massive ask, theyd relax a lot more and we'd probably start trying to force the game. Even if we score first we'd be the same, shitting it as theyd be 1 goal from going up.
If we had of only needed a draw we'd still be just 1 goal from doing it if they scored first and even if boro scored first theyd be shitting and never relax as we'd always be 1 goal from promotion.

if only if only. better then somehow, by hook or crook be only the 3rd team to win this season at the riverside!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We can do this. Nobody expects us to outside of BN1. We can win this. Why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I don't think I should feel flat right now but I do.

At almost any point this season I'd have gladly snatched the opportunity to go to Boro knowing a win would take us up automatically with a consolation prize of the play-offs.

We've had a remarkable season and still have the chance to cap it off in style, yet I feel somewhat downbeat about it all.

Anyone else?
No.

No, no, no.

Destiny doesn't change.

In 5 days time, by hook, by crook, by dodgy look we beat Middlesbrough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here