Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feeling flat

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
We will be 3 goals up in the first half hour on Saturday. A Skalak corner and Hemed nods in the first in the 5th minute. Seven minutes later, Knockaert will skin De Laet to present Stephens with a tap in for 2-0. With Boro pushing to get back into the game, Albion break again in the 29th minute, Skalak feeding Wilson to score with a crap shot through the keeper's legs. Boro will spend the next 55 minutes absolutely battering us, and will pull one back in the 75th minute but with time running out Skalak to Wilson, lays off to Hemed and that's four. But the Riverside will be half empty by then.

Ooh Simster. That makes me MOIST

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Two times I felt like that this season, Burnley at home and yesterday. I think most people would have take play off place at the beginning of the season a few months ago when we had our wobble. I feel that we have lost our best chance and when it has mattered both Boro and Burnley have ground out the results. On the big occasions we seem to lose our way and the last two play off campaigns have not gone well at all. The last time we lost to Boro it took us a long time to recover, I know it's a cup game, however I can not see Boro not seeing this one out and would not be surprised to see a repeat of the score at the Amex. I look forward to being wrong and hope I am as I also think Derby will win the play off final.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I'm not feeling flat, just feel worried our players might lose the belief and togetherness if we fail to beat Boro which could affect us negatively in the play offs.

Third time's the charm though, even if we don't beat Boro, we are the best team in this division who wasn't promoted and we can win the play offs.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I don't think I should feel flat right now but I do.

At almost any point this season I'd have gladly snatched the opportunity to go to Boro knowing a win would take us up automatically with a consolation prize of the play-offs.

We've had a remarkable season and still have the chance to cap it off in style, yet I feel somewhat downbeat about it all.

Anyone else?
Not at all really. I'd rather Burnley hadn't been promoted but apart from that - we go to Boro and win and we get promoyrf, lose and we're in the playoffs. it's all good :thumbsup:

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Surely we will be playing a more negative Middlesborough side, as they'll not play so gung-ho. A draw is enough for them. We know only a win will suffice, so that last gasp Wilson goal has to be viewed as a positive, in terms of mentality etc.
We can stress & worry til ko, but it's the team that matters, and the spirit is so bloody strong. They want it badly, and want to do it for us, so let's hope we can forget about not beating Derby, we weren't at our best. There's far more pressure on Boro at home, 'only' having to avoid defeat in front of a packed Riverside.
Imagine it's all square in the dying minutes, and WE do what they've done so many times lately?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here