Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feeling flat

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Man up you drama queens....as long as the team and CH are ready why should we worry there is NOTHING we can do about it..
No reason we cant go there and win..Boro will be shitting it, the fear of ****ing up in front of their own fans..

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Man up you drama queens....as long as the team and CH are ready why should we worry there is NOTHING we can do about it..
No reason we cant go there and win..Boro will be shitting it, the fear of ****ing up in front of their own fans..

More post codes please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Apart from missing out on a chance to put us in the box seat a Boro ... and having a very poor second half ... and losing our best defender for the next vital games ... and noticing Stephens, Kayal and even Bruno all having a right go at each other ... and realising Derby are quite a good team, reminding me how tough the playoffs will be ... I am remarkably chipper :whisky:

Yes we can do it and we still have two paths to promotion .. onwards and upwards :bhasign:

I don't think I should feel flat right now but I do.

At almost any point this season I'd have gladly snatched the opportunity to go to Boro knowing a win would take us up automatically with a consolation prize of the play-offs.

We've had a remarkable season and still have the chance to cap it off in style, yet I feel somewhat downbeat about it all.

Anyone else?

Brighton are competing in the biggest match the world has ever seen!(financially speaking) and if we lose it we get a further two games to get back to another biggest game ever! This from relegation tipped side! Relax and enjoy!:moo:

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
We have been saying we will need to win at Boro for weeks
And so it turns out...ok they haven't lost many, I can recall brisol City being one
They haven't been good at home lately...and against poor sides...we are better than that
We are a team in every sense...believe TOGETHER

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Very flat. Not so much about the result but:

* We did not play well at all today, lost the 50/50s, gave away possession and lacked creativity in our most important game of the season so far
* Dunk was ridiculous, to dive in like that after already getting a stupid first yellow was ludicrous
* Brough will have watched on rubbing their hands together following their game on Friday, they were the ones feeling low, especially if we had won again today
* Burnley went into their game today knowing we had choked.

All in all it has left me feeling very down tonight. I still want to believe but part of me feels like today was the day we knobbed it up.

This. 'fraid we ****ed it up tonight.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Mixture of emotions on here that makes interest reading.

TBH, I am with Bozza, not because of the result but because today was the first of a minimum of two games and maximum of five when we mix with the grown ups in this division. Before today we had played 8 games against the top 5 and won one (last Sept) now it is one from 9 games. Yes, we have lost only one but a top two side should really be doing better against its peers.

For my peace of mind, I wanted us to turn in a dominating performance against a potential PO opponent as well as secure a 'draw will give us auto' result. We got neither: I thought Derby were very good, and nullified us in pretty much every department. Hughes was MOTM in midfield, they played a high line and did their homework, even to the point of defender running back to clear Knockaert's free kick. Without Knockaert we would have offered nothing in open play.

It was shades of SW and Ipswich at home. To be fair, we outplayed Burnley and should have won that game, but I can't help feeling a little trepidation for next week, and beyond if it doesn't work out.

I am not negative, agree with posters who say Boro may well be nervous and if we score first,can see us pulling it off next week. But somehow I had aspirations of us sending the fear of God into them next week with a great performance today, as well as denying Burnley auto, and that didn't happen.

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Actually, I now realise I'm more relaxed than I've been for at least a month! We are significant underdogs, and this means that the pressure is slightly off us. In a way I was dreading going to Middlesboro needing only a draw. I know it's illogical, but needing a win is potentially more inspiring. If (and it's a big IF) we can keep the game tight until the last half hour, the locals will get very nervous. And then, who knows what might happen. It's been a great season, come what may...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Positive. Needing a drawer wouldn't have suited us, they'll likely set up for a drawer an wheel smash 'em!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Going up there trying to win seven on the trot would always be difficult - keeping up that sort of run brings its own tensions.

Winning six out of seven sounds much more achievable!

KTF!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
What I feel is that it's been a great season whatever happens, particularly after the wobble in the middle of the season and the two very poor games against Ipswich and Wolves. My fear is not so much not getting to the Premier League - we've given it a jolly good go and fair play to Chris and the team for that. What worries me if we don't go up is losing Kayal, Knockaert, and possibly Stephens and Stockdale. I think it could be a long, hard slog if that happened, and I would certainly feel flat then. I did in 2013-2014 after we guffed up against Palace, even though we reached the Play Offs again. However, as Thunder Bolt says, it's not over till next week and we might be back to our best.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

At almost any point this season I'd have gladly snatched the opportunity to go to Boro knowing a win would take us up automatically with a consolation prize of the play-offs.

We've had a remarkable season and still have the chance to cap it off in style, yet I feel somewhat downbeat about it all.

Anyone else?

Understandable as this game was seen as great opportunity to get to the last game only needing a draw.

However, that last minute goal is a real silver lining IMO as we go there more upbeat than if we'd lost.

There's always hope as long as we're positive and don't freeze on the day. Play our game and we'll be fine

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Not really getting the despondency. Yes a win would've been great, but I rate Derby on form as they are now, as one of the best sides in the league. They are considerably better than Boro at the moment, who are stuttering and struggling to score more than one goal. We were the better team by far in the first half and unlucky not to be ahead. Their 3 man midfield started to dominate in the 2nd half, but they still only really had one clear-cut chance. Despite all that, we fought back for a draw with 10 men. Come on people, it aint over yet.

el punal

Anyone else?

The thing is today's game was a bit like being BEFORE the Lord Mayor's show. Regardless of the result everyone knows that next Saturday's match is the big one. Today's proceedings were a bit surreal, yes, the last home match of a magnificent season but with no conclusion and nothing to celebrate - apart from the morale boosting equaliser in the 95th minute.

Fast forward to next Saturday around 2.30 and the mood will be either ecstatic delight or abject disappointment. Please let it be the first.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I can understand a certain amount of despondency - we missed a great opportunity to go into the automatic spots - but some of you are going way over the top. We're an excellent team that do not give up, are very hard to beat and can win in a number of situations home or away.

The first goal next week is going to be hugely important. And in that, nothing has changed, it would have been massively important if we had won yesterday too. We score first we sit back, defend and catch them on the counter. They score first they sit back, defend and score on the counter. I imagine the first 60-70 minutes will be very cagey with neither team committing too much to attack. The last 20 is when we'll go hell for leather and is also the time that Middlesbrough will be the most nervous(so close to the premier league but so little time to get a goal back if they concede).

It's a big, big ask but if any team in this division can go to Middlesbrough and get the result needed, it's us. Yes I would have rather the result needed was a draw, yes we're the underdogs, yes it's not ideal having to play with a centre back pairing that have about 30minutes of competitive football playing together but we can do it. So pick yourselves up and show a bit of positivity. The players deserve nothing less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here