[Albion] Fans Forum

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Barber on Palace exit . Says they've , with Jenny Gower (head of supporter services) sat down and watched every minute of the CCTV . Acknowledges and apologises that fans were uncomfortable and some were frightened. Have reviewed with the police and will make changes for 22/23.
There will be no need when they get relegated

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
PB still being a bit disingenuous on ST sharing and 'needing to know who is in the ground' being one of the key reasons for only being able to transfer to a member - he absolutely doesn't when people buy ST guest tickets. :shrug:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
PB still being a bit disingenuous on ST sharing and 'needing to know who is in the ground' being one of the key reasons for only being able to transfer to a member - he absolutely doesn't when people buy ST guest tickets. :shrug:

I think he's being very fair with his comments about the scheme. Just because a noisy minority has a beef with it, doesn't mean the club has to change it. But they have listened and tweaked it. Personally I'm happy with the scheme.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Brilliant work from Kevin. Obvious parody.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think he's being very fair with his comments about the scheme. Just because a noisy minority has a beef with it, doesn't mean the club has to change it. But they have listened and tweaked it. Personally I'm happy with the scheme.

I don't disagree.....but that's not the primary reason for how it's set up :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
NEW: Barber says the revenue from the sharing scheme is £250K (perhaps indicating that they've sold about 1200 £20 sharing fees this year. (He then makes case that scheme is costing club money due to reduced Exchange revenues and reduced general ticket sales. )

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
NEW: Barber says the revenue from the sharing scheme is £250K (perhaps indicating that they've sold about 1200 £20 sharing fees this year. (He then makes case that scheme is costing club money due to reduced Exchange revenues and reduced general ticket sales. )

Must be quite a few new A+ memberships signed up as a result as well.................

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Barber on Palace exit . Says they've , with Jenny Gower (head of supporter services) sat down and watched every minute of the CCTV . Acknowledges and apologises that fans were uncomfortable and some were frightened. Have reviewed with the police and will make changes for 22/23.

For me this is the big off the pitch issue this season and this is good to read :thumbsup:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Barber - confirms they have planning permission for a fanzone outside the North Stand/Ticket Office - and create a covered area , improve food/drink , some facilities for kids/families and outside toilets.
Says that "as soon as they have more cash in the bank - it was delayed by Covid - then they will go ahead." "over the next season or two"
Toilets outside the stadium would be really good. I really hope the food/drink improves. Non-alcoholic lager be good. Better quality food and veggie options. In fact the overall choice for food is not great at all. I actually think it's very limited bland and too stodgy a lot of it. It's not cheap, but I'm not overlay bothered by that though personally I hate the fact the stadium is cashless, I appreciate that won't change. I woud love to get a 99/ Mr Whippy ice cream though I can see its not practical inside in the ground outside its perhaps more workable. I went to the first game of the season Forest Green v Sutton United and the food there is all veggie -FFS do NOT go that crazy! I fully appreciate people like to eat meat - just more choice would be a god start.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Safe Standing. No real change from Paul and previous comms. He's doubtful . Argues no real appetite for it and/or its really hard to make it work.
Reveals they've had only 1 injury in 10 years (in the South Stand) from supporters standing up .
Urges fans to make the case for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports