[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Very close to yes. If the World Cup were next month there'd be huge calls for Solly to be involved as he is obviously one of the form players in the league and very versatile.
Ill bet my right bollock that there was no way in hell solly would be involved in a WC squad at any time this year or last year. He should have had a shout maybe but we have an idoit of a manager who likes taking injured players. Whilst previously saying he doesnt want to take injured players or players not starting for their team.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Facundo - what a great name. Hopefully he'll be good enough for the first team squad quickly, could be useful as Trossard replacement. I like what i've seen so far.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
What watch YouTube and decide an 18 year old is going to dislodge March, Mitoma, Gross, Lallana etc?
I don’t honestly think anyone with any common sense would base their views of a player’s potential on a few agent-generated highly edited promo videos. No one has suggested Facu will be replacing any of the above, least of all March or Mitoma but he potentially deepens the squad which we need and if he gets minutes this season with the first team, which I think is very likely based on what I have personally seen and read for myself, it may even be in a CMF position (which is his preferred) , especially with Trossard possibly out of the picture.

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We need cover at LW if Trossard goes (for Mitoma) but he plays ACM or RW. If we start to see him get minutes at either of those positions ahead of any of Sarmiento, Gross, Lallana we’ll know he’s jumped over Enciso which is the first step. Taking a starting spot over one of those three when we don’t push Ali Mac forward, would be a whole other level of indicator. As would starting over March.

Enciso is the player who could be threatened with becoming the next Alzate if not careful. Especially if Trossard returns somehow but tbh either way.

My guess is actually that Sarmiento will shift to LW back up duties and Facundo B will begin to take over as the main back up on the right. When Adingra returns he might bounce F.B. to that more central role next season and that’s when we’ll see our new man take over as a starter.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
We need cover at LW if Trossard goes (for Mitoma) but he plays ACM or RW. If we start to see him get minutes at either of those positions ahead of any of Sarmiento, Gross, Lallana we’ll know he’s jumped over Enciso which is the first step. Taking a starting spot over one of those three when we don’t push Ali Mac forward, would be a whole other level of indicator. As would starting over March.

Enciso is the player who could be threatened with becoming the next Alzate if not careful. Especially if Trossard returns somehow but tbh either way.

My guess is actually that Sarmiento will shift to LW back up duties and Facundo B will begin to take over as the main back up on the right. When Adingra returns he might bounce F.B. to that more central role next season and that’s when we’ll see our new man take over as a starter.
Let's not forget Enciso is only 18, the same age as Buananotte. If either of them aren't quite performing at this level, it doesn't mean they should be written off - but we may not be able to rely on them to compete regularly for a starting spot (and nor should we get frustrated if they're not quite ready for that yet).

If Trossard leaves, I'd prefer it if we had a more established player as Mitoma cover, which would allow either of our youngsters to go out on loan if that's best for them

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Keep hearing that Enciso is the best youngster in training. Lallana been talking about him in interviews as well.

Fascinated to see how he develops.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Keep hearing that Enciso is the best youngster in training. Lallana been talking about him in interviews as well.

Also Caicedo and Estupinan have mentioned him as the funniest and everyone seems to like him.

I think he'll come good but at the moment he's trying too hard.

Once he gets more settled and more comfortable in the first team he'll shine.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Learning when to pass to his team mates will help

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Loans are rarely optimal but this time around I think bringing in someone on loan for six months to replace Trossard would be a good idea. Maybe someone who has worked with RDZ before and could get into the style of playing immediately. I believe in Sarmiento/Enciso/Buonanotte/Adingra for the future but if Trossard is sold and Mitoma or March would get some sort of injury at this point, it would be a bit of a drop in quality currently.

boik

Loans are rarely optimal but this time around I think bringing in someone on loan for six months to replace Trossard would be a good idea. Maybe someone who has worked with RDZ before and could get into the style of playing immediately. I believe in Sarmiento/Enciso/Buonanotte/Adingra for the future but if Trossard is sold and Mitoma or March would get some sort of injury at this point, it would be a bit of a drop in quality currently.
I think Sarmiento might thrive if he had the opportunity. Watched him a lot with the u23s and he always seemed to make something happen.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• Vic & Bob.jpg
    Vic & Bob.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 23

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I think the link to the bloke at NYC Utd is the most likely Trossard replacement. I wouldn’t want to see anyone get in Sarmiento’s way but I see him more as long term Lallana than out wide.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

He certainly is a talent a little green needs to put on some weight and work on his game time decision making apart from that he’s the real deal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports