Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think it’s going to be a number of years before he is a regular starter because it’s Solly’s position where I think he’ll fit in best. However, if Solly has a serious injury, we could see a lot more of him sooner than 2025 when I think he’ll break through properly.
Feels like he could be the trossard replacement to me. Although didnt score many at his last club.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm not being dismissive at all. It took Moises and Mac both months (seasons) to break into the first team. It's taken Moran a long time to get into the first team squad. Enciso hasn't started yet (I believe) and Sarmiento has only started once. Assuming Facu would play in an AM position he has to get past- Mitoma, Trossard, Lallana, March, Gross, Enciso, Sarmiento, Moran. Which of those players is getting dropped?
He's going to be away having barely trained with us, then come back after a fairly intensive spell of football in a totally different continent.
The rest of the season Is a perfect opportunity for him to get used to a new country, new culture, new club, new tactics and training, new language etc. He's not going to be dislodging Mitoma or March no matter how promising he is this season.
I think he is possibly already better than Enciso and Moran, maybe even Sarmiento. Probably not going to see a lot of him this season, not least since he's going to the U20 cup.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think it’s going to be a number of years before he is a regular starter because it’s Solly’s position where I think he’ll fit in best. However, if Solly has a serious injury, we could see a lot more of him sooner than 2025 when I think he’ll break through properly.
Solly is great and I am a huge fan. But this chap looks like a different class. If it is Solly's position that suits him, then I fully believe it will be Solly on the sidelines.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think he is possibly already better than Enciso and Moran, maybe even Sarmiento. Probably not going to see a lot of him this season, not least since he's going to the U20 cup.
That’s pretty high praise Swanny.

How is our pursuit of his doppelgänger, the Syrian swede from Kuwait who seems to share so many of Facu’s features in terms of build and style of play as well as potential. Anymore news from your source?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I think he is possibly already better than Enciso and Moran
Different player to Moran of course but I would agree and include Gilmour too. Rosario play at a good level with high expectations and intense matches. Facundo is a very interesting prospect for his age, he has big potential.

Would place Sarmiento ahead of all of them though due to his age, PL/FL and senior international experience.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I actually saw him fitting in more as a central AM at but yeah, LMF too.

@Herr Tubthumper - I also think he’s better than Moran, Gilmour, Enciso, - maybe Sarmie and Undav too in terms of our younger players. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Hope so because he'll be some player. All total guess work atm of course. I'm not writing the player off at all here by the way. But when we signed both Mac and Moises they had had way more success in their young careers. The guy has just turned 18. I just think people are a) underestimating the quality of our (quite large) squad and b) falling victim to the old trap of being more critical of players you've actually watched that ones you haven't.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Solly is great and I am a huge fan. But this chap looks like a different class. If it is Solly's position that suits him, then I fully believe it will be Solly on the sidelines.

Solly has spent most of his Premier League career playing in his least favourite positions.
So I wouldn't expect to see the signing of this kid as the end of Solly's Prem career.

Lets see the lad play in the Premier League, before we start jumping to any conclusions.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If Facu was already better than 2022/2023 Solly March then he'd have been playing for Argentina at the World Cup. That's an insult to Solly's ability, hard work and form.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If Facu was already better than 2022/2023 Solly March then he'd have been playing for Argentina at the World Cup. That's an insult to Solly's ability, hard work and form.
I believe the things that impress RDZ about Solly his great tactical awareness and ability to play in the exact way his manager demands. This includes brilliant positioning and decision making. These sort of things require experience, it’s very rare a player has these abilities fully developed at 17.

Now that Solly seems to have added goal scoring to his all round game, I can only see injury being the reason he is not first choice for the next few years.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Feels like he could be the trossard replacement to me. Although didnt score many at his last club.
He was 17 last season, playing his first full season of senior football and he scored 4 goals in 24 league appearances. If Sarmiento or Enciso finished with those sort of stats this season we'd be more than happy with their contribution.

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
only 4 more players needed until we have a latino 11

1673097310549.png

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Facu actually prefers a 10 which is where RDZ may well want him and not as LWB in fact he is left footed (as Solly is) but if Facu plays wide, it’s to the right looking at the heat maps (or all over the field - he looks out of position frequently in videos) - so the ‘threat’ to Solly’s position is likely a non-issue.

Weird point of argument though about the WC - not sure I understand that - Not suggesting the young Argentinian is better than Solly but Solly didn’t play in the WC did he? Facu was 17 when he started playing for the Argentinian U20s. The youngest player in the 2022 WC was 18 (Youssoufa Moukoko, GER) so 17 might have been pushing it to qualify for the WC Winning first team - Facu only turned 18 in December!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Facu actually prefers a 10 which is where RDZ may well want him and not as LWB in fact he is left footed (as Solly is) but if Facu plays wide, it’s to the right looking at the heat maps (or all over the field - he looks out of position frequently in videos) - so the ‘threat’ to Solly’s position is likely a non-issue.

Weird point of argument though about the WC - not sure I understand that - Not suggesting the young Argentinian is better than Solly but Solly didn’t play in the WC did he? Facu was 17 when he started playing for the Argentinian U20s. The youngest player in the 2022 WC was 18 (Youssoufa Moukoko, GER) so 17 might have been pushing it to qualify for the WC Winning first team - Facu only turned 18 in December!
If Buonanotte prefers to play on the right then the threat to Solly March is very high as Solly has spent most of this season playing on the right side of our midfield/attack.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't really see the relevance regarding the world cup. I mean no slight to Solly, I love the bloke. I am simply stating my belief that Buonanotte has more potential.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I don't really see the relevance regarding the world cup. I mean no slight to Solly, I love the bloke. I am simply stating my belief that Buonanotte has more potential.
Yep - do the research! 🙂

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yeah he probably does. He possiblly will be a better player at 28 than Solly is. Possibly. That doesn't mean he's taking his place in the team this season or any time soon. My point about the World Cup is fairly obvious - Facu wasn't there because he is miles off the Argentina team largely due to the fact he was 18 last month and had barely played any professional football.
Yep - do the research! 🙂
What watch YouTube and decide an 18 year old is going to dislodge March, Mitoma, Gross, Lallana etc?

I'm not talking about potential. I've been responding to the people on here who think he's walking into the first team because Tevez says he runs like Messi and he has a nice YouTube reel. Exactly the same thing that happened with Enciso who, now we've watched him, is clearly miles off getting into the team ahead of our senior players (and who, from a few YouTube videos, you must have concluded is a lesser player than Facu).

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
So by that logic, if Solly we're Argentinian you believe he would have been in the World cup winning squad?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here