Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fabio Capello issues England warning to Frank Lampard

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
In fairness Parker was one of the stand out performers on Friday night. By next year though I think we'll have a central midfield of Wilshere, Cleverley and Gerrard. Gerrard is definitely not finished...when he plays for England he wears his heart on his sleeve and is by far the best left of the 'golden generation' that never achieved anything. Sure we'll see Josh McEachran pushing in the next few years too. Lampard is probably approaching the end of his England career though...

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Capello is far from being the worst England manager. Worse than Graham Taylor? Worse than Steve Maclaren? Worse than Kevin Keegan? Get real....... :facepalm:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Capello is far from being the worst England manager. Worse than Graham Taylor? Worse than Steve Maclaren? Worse than Kevin Keegan? Get real....... :facepalm:

At least they cared!
Capello's only concern is his salary, he has no interest in the future of English footie, he should have been fired after the world cup.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Gerrard is finished at international level aswell, they need to bring in young blood tomany egos in the England set up

Yep l think your absolutely right, lets have a squad of players who really WANT to represent theiir country. True, England arent the world beaters they perhaps once were, but without the old guard, Gerrard, Lampard, Terry et-al we still arent a bad side.

Players like Carragher, Foster, Scholes and so many others who 'retiire' from international football should never be picked again. An absolute farce.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I'm no fan of Capello's management style or the way he deals with players, the world cup performance was dreadful, but having seen his new look England side and seen the way they try to play I'm prepared to give him another shot. After all if we let him go and the FA do as they say and appoint a English manager, the alternative is from this list;

Harry Redknapp
Roy Hodgson
Sam Allardyce
Alan Pardew
Ian Holloway
Steve Bruce

Not exactly what I would call an A list.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Is it just me, or is Stuart Pearce such an obvious candidate for the job? Former captain for club and country, has led the Under 21's to the semi-final and final of the Euro U'21s Championship in recent years, managing the U'21s obviously gives him a greater knowledge of what the youngsters are capable of, already involved in the England coaching setup, as well as being widely respected in the football community. Would inject some passion back into the side IMO. Undoubtedly a man who knows how much of a big deal wearing the Three Lions is.

This. I would have thought the job is his to refuse.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Capello is the worst England manger ever, he can't even speak the same language as the players! Piss off back to Italy!

Il think you find he has the best win rate of any manager that has managed England, but yeah his the worst :facepalm:

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I think the likes of Eddie Howe and Karl Robinson are talented and young and their teams play good football. But their way to young and lack the experience to take on the poisoned chalice that is the England job. Stuart Pearce is a good shout but I think the Fa will most likely look to Roy.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
Sooner Capello leaves the better.. a Sven-lite that adds very little to the England set up. Last world cup ring any bells? Coming up to the point where the proven time and time again "not good enough" generation is going to be retiring, what youngsters have been really given a chance? England need a manager with balls. Drop players like sicknote Stevie G and the other ones who feign injury to avoid playing for England.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
By bringing in a new generation of players it would renew everyones focus. I think there needs to be a certain amount of likeability which is missing with certain characters within the current team. One of my lasting memories of the last world cup was Terry doing his upmost to undermine Capello in front of the media. Could you have imagined that happening to Bobby Robson at Italia 90?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
At least they cared!
Capello's only concern is his salary, he has no interest in the future of English footie, he should have been fired after the world cup.

As a bit of an outsider to this thread, I completely agree with this post. I can't imagine many club managers would keep their jobs after performing the equivalent.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
At least they cared!

According to who, he does have a reputation to keep as one of the best managers in Europe, but hey we forget that, his anything but useless, why should he have been fired after the world cup?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lol he was england's best player at world cup, fantastic footballer who gets 20+ goals a season every season for Chelsea, i know hes 33 years old, but the guy is in good nick, does he look 33? No.

England are just shit, not lampard. Good luck replacing lampard with scott parker lmao. Parker cant even kick a ball. Looks like a lost chicken on the field.

Frank is one of the cleanest strikers of the football i have ever seen, along with micheal ballack, gerrard and ronaldo etc.

Barry is a lump of shit.. and you think lampard is slow..

I dont get what a few problems are with John Terry and Frank Lampard, alot of people on here seem to think they should be dropped etc.

People say John Terry is slow etc..yet hes been playing at the top level for 11 years? imagine if he was quick! how good would he be?

Alot of Brighton fans dont like Chelsea or their players.. dont know why..

Cheers for that fat frank

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I doubt Capello will make the same mistakes twice. He will have learnt from the world cup experience, I think the pairing of Young and Rooney worked really well. Downing, Johnson, Walcott, Wilshire, Carroll are likely to feature a lot more. I think the fact that people assume we will fail completely at Euro 2012 is a good thing.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
According to who, he does have a reputation to keep as one of the best managers in Europe, but hey we forget that, his anything but useless, why should he have been fired after the world cup?
He gets paid a huge amount of money to do a job, which he is not doing to the best of his capability, I.e. He hasn't learnt to communicate with his players, he did not go to watch the under 21's like most national bosses, and he would still be picking f***ing heskey if he could!
And stop saying 'his anything but useless' it is he is, or he's.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
He gets paid a huge amount of money to do a job, which he is not doing to the best of his capability, I.e. He hasn't meant to communicate with his players, he did not go to watch the under 21's like most national bosses, and he would still be picking f***ing heskey if he could!
And stop saying 'his anything but useless' it is he is, or he's.

His anything but useless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here