Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Even the British Legion hate the bnp

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Even the wording of the letter shows a dignity that the BNP can only dream of.

Dandyman

In London village.

p813775981-3.jpg

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Sorry, but saying "even" the British Legion hate the BNP, does seem to imply your opinion of the British Legion is that you assumed they would support a party like BNP.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Quality letter.

I was on a stag do recently with a lad who has just returned from a tour in Basra with the Intelligence Corps. He was saying most of the guys he knows thinks the BNP are the scum of the earth.

I was having a drink with my cousin's son a couple of weeks ago (he's done two tours in Iraq) and he said most of the lads think the Labour Party are the scum of the earth, for taking us into a war on lies costing the lives of 300 of their friends and comrades and hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians.

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 317

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Of course there were those Indians (including Sikhs who fought against us in WW2) in Chandra Bose's Indian Liberation Army. Here's a photograph of them being reviewed by Erwin Rommel in 1942.

Attachments

• india5.jpg
    india5.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 317

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Same old boring bollocks. Historical cultural and imperial links used, for some reason, to deny the concerns people have over the mass migration we have witnessed over the last decade or so. Its only relevance is showing up how confused the BNP are about British identity, which is fair enough, but it also implies that the concerns the British people have right now about a global phenomenon no-one is geared up for, really exacerbates the problem.

Its the sort of smug 'oh look I know some sikhs were in the army this cancels out all reasonable concerns people have about 21st century immigration", that adds fuel to the fire and drives frustrated people to protest vote at what they see as the intrangience and smart alec-yness of the unaffected.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Its the sort of smug 'oh look I know some sikhs were in the army this cancels out all reasonable concerns people have about 21st century immigration", that adds fuel to the fire

oooh yeah. I hate that smugness, get it all the time that. Well annoying.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The British Legion are right to ask Griffin to stop using their emblem to justify his own cause. However, they indicate that they are above politics but apparently not at the recent memorial for D-Day when veterans booed Gordon Brown.

Whatever their feelings for him are, they should have kept them for a different occasion, not when they are remember those that died. The danger is that it will open the floodgates for other protestors to make their feelings felt at inappropriate times, for example, Remembrance Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here