Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] EURO 2022 Official Thread

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
One of those 0-0 games that you wonder how it quite ended up that way with all that dominance.

22 shots from France, 11 of them on target. Committed Dutch defending, great saves and the rub of the green has kept them out.

Unlike last night, very pleased that there's another 30 minutes of this.

With Miedema on the pitch, is there a sucker punch to come?

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Renard is the Lewis Dunk for France. Always plays well and the biggest danger from corners.

The Dutch were very neat in their passing second half but still prone to the counter attack. I fancy Holland to win this on pens. 🇳🇱

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Renard is the Lewis Dunk for France. Always plays well and the biggest danger from corners.

The Dutch were very neat in their passing second half but still prone to the counter attack. I fancy Holland to win this on pens. ����

6/1 to qualify if u fancy it

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Whenever I hear the word "Cascarino" I expect the shot to go for a throw-in and linked with a move to Aston Villa after something like 3 goals in 52 games as a striker. :lolol:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Fair comment, Bry. That was grim viewing, especially after the exciting 0-0 EFL Final and the 22 penalties.

Maybe it's just a particular BBC thing in trying to soften the blow of taking 2 hours of our lives we won't get back!

At least there's a decent match on tonight, though it's all France at the moment. So many chances.

They'd give Germany a good game in the SF.

Don't think it's just the BBC. The commercial companies do it far worse - at half-time of a dull game they're basically imploring you to come back in the second half because 'it could be a cracker'.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've tried again. It's non league played in slow motion.

I enjoyed the England QF (and I was away in Romania for the 8-0, where this isn't a big deal) and I will no doubt watch us in the semi, and final if we get there. And, if this even gets one girl off the sofa and playing sport, then it's a great, great thing.

But this is terrible. The refereeing is shocking (how on earth did the pen need VAR?) and, as a game, it's about as coherent as a Bear Pit thread. The atmosphere sounds like a 9th birthday party.

Sorry. *hangs head*

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've tried again. It's non league played in slow motion.

I enjoyed the England QF (and I was away in Romania for the 8-0, where this isn't a big deal) and I will no doubt watch us in the semi, and final if we get there. And, if this even gets one girl off the sofa and playing sport, then it's a great, great thing.

But this is terrible. The refereeing is shocking (how on earth did the pen need VAR?) and, as a game, it's about as coherent as a Bear Pit thread. The atmosphere sounds like a 9th birthday party.

Sorry. *hangs head*

There's a lot more skill than I've seen in some Hawks games.

But that's the problem. You've been watching Premier League. So it will be wanting.

But the England games were a joy to watch. Women at the top of their sport and giving everything.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'France finally get to leave Rotherham, they are going to Milton Keynes'

Well, the M1 is nice this time of year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There's a lot more skill than I've seen in some Hawks games.

But that's the problem. You've been watching Premier League. So it will be wanting.

But the England games were a joy to watch. Women at the top of their sport and giving everything.

There is a lot of skill, dedication, relative athleticism and crowd enthusiasm.

There is no pace, strength, composure or anticipation. The goals are too big for the keepers, yet the shots are too weak. I've seen better refs on Victoria Park on Sunday morning.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The Dutch were very neat in their passing second half but still prone to the counter attack. I fancy Holland to win this on pens. 🇳🇱

At 6'3" (which is gigantic in women's terms), I'd say she's more like the French Dan Burn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here