Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] EURO 2022 Official Thread

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Tonight is the night... pretty excited.

A lot of secrecy around the Swedish team, not completely clear if the three Covid girls could play, if team captain Caroline Seger has returned from injury and if Kosovare Asllani is able to play as she's missed some training sessions. If all those are missing, it will be very difficult. But yeah I hope we beat the shit out of you... my bet is that it goes to penalties and from there we all know there is only one outcome.

Nationalist :jester:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Tess - what iconic pictures from last night and what a sweet and polite little girl.

So pleased she's going to Wembley!!! Our lucky mascot. :thumbsup:

I'm enjoying the game, but that was the best part of the evening.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wendy Renard has to be in the team of the tournament. What a danger at corners and free-kicks while defending brilliantly for France.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I would really rather we played the French in the final. They're more exciting but live on their nerves.
They've given so much to this tournament.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
And another defensive error by the French . After some desperate defending the ball went out to a German player who miscontroled it ,drifting out to the sideline . The french defender coming out to her just slowed down giving the attacker ample opportunity to put in a decisive cross .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good to see the Germans actually concede a tournament goal.

They've won six of the last seven tournaments.

Tough match Sunday.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It doesn't get any bigger. What a final.

ENGLAND VS GERMANY. At Wembley stadium.

Gutted for France. They made two terrible defensive errors but they can be proud of their tournament as a whole. First ever semi-final.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With Spain's Putellas and Hermoso out of the tournament, I think England will be too strong tonight.

They'll then win their Semi-Final against Sweden before beating Germany in the Final.

Nothing wrong with a positive outlook, eh?

7 days ago.

2 down, 1 to go.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I’m on my way back home after this evening’s game. My first live experience of women’s football and what a great advert for the game it was. I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to end, the game was entertaining, some of the players very skilful and it was so refreshing to see the players not remonstrating with the ref at every decision.

My enjoyment was probably helped by there being no personal jeopardy in the game. Oh and also the lovely Alex Scott (and the rest of the BBC) team being just behind us!
2f7ff0a1d0d550cffad7fad3c61cfcfd.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I enjoyed that match tonight but couldn't Jonathan Pearce stop going on about Oberdorf? That man's heading for some wet dream tonight (and I thought Popp was player of the match, anyway)

I've said Germany v England final from the outset - it wasn't difficult, they were the favourites in the betting. It's going to be a hard one to call but I think we can just edge this.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With Spain's Putellas and Hermoso out of the tournament, I think England will be too strong tonight.

They'll then win their Semi-Final against Sweden before beating Germany in the Final.

Nothing wrong with a positive outlook, eh?

Never in doubt. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here