England v Iceland 8pm

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
The best football analyst on TV - by a mile is Johnny Giles, the former Leeds midfielder and WBA and Ireland manager. The guy can see things happening during a game way before they unfold. Last week on Irish to he was raving about Iceland, their approach to the game, how disciplined they were, their work rate and their tenacity. He said that no matter who they played they would make the other team beat them.

Remember Iceland won their qualifying group - and knocked out Holland,

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We haven't got one player capable of beating a player with skill. We are shocking

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am going to be SO cross if we shank this game. Unforgiveable. Shameful. I blame the Daily Mirror for hounding out our best ever manager (Venables). And my parents, for not being German.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
HT 1-2. Sterling is not the answer many (including me) thought he might be. Sturridge slightly better. Kane awful as he has been all tournament. Rooney forgotten how to finish. Hart :facepalm:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
For a part time film director I'd say their keeper is doing pretty wall compared to Hart

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just had an almighty row with my wife after their 2nd goal. I jumped up and Fd and blinded across the sitting room.

Said she couldn't sit with me unless I calmed down. Told her she has no passion etc..

Smash her back doors in later when England come back for a courageous win. We'll be alright mate. :thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This England team has to be made up of remainers😉

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Now let me see, little teamwork, massive over-confidence, exaggerated sense of entitlement, inability to think things through, can't see the bigger picture. Nah, they're Leavers.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
we pass the ball better than in previous tournaments but we are still entirely ineffective.

****ing Shite as ever.

How does a national team with a variety of different players and different managers consistently manage to be so much less than the sum of its parts. It beggars belief it really does.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Iceland have a settled side. We don't.

Roy has chopped and changed all tournament.

Hart and Kane are well off form. Have been every game.

We still have a chance. Roy will need to be bold with his substitutions. A la Wales.

You're wrong Hart is a poor keeper end of. Fails time and time again in big games.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I expect Roy will put on all his strikers and hope for the best like in the Wales game. Absolutely ****ing clueless.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
HT 1-2. Sterling is not the answer many (including me) thought he might be. Sturridge slightly better. Kane awful as he has been all tournament. Rooney forgotten how to finish. Hart :facepalm:

Sterling is useless - and always has been. Kane is a terrific forward but no matter how good you are you can't score if you don't get the service. Rooney seems to have lost interest and Hart is playing his way into a very small paycheck.

Vardy could change things - he has the pace to trouble Iceland.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Iceland have a settled side. We don't.

Roy has chopped and changed all tournament.

Hart and Kane are well off form. Have been every game.

We still have a chance. Roy will need to be bold with his substitutions. A la Wales.

If he had used some sense with his team selection he wouldn't need to be bold with substitutions.

Kane, Sterling, Hart, Rooney, Sturridge are absolute shite. How can you be expected to win an International with those clowns wearing England shirts?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports