Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Milliband..... I do believe he's got it.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Crikey this is tough going, " I should have explained by " reasonable rates " I include the terms and conditions as well.

However, I seem to be in a minority here in that I think we really have a busted country with little hope for the future. I can't see how the coalition have done anything to change our slide in to a nation where the majority of its people are living close to poverty with little hope of it changing. I am not sure if he and the Labour Party can really turn it round but his grasp of the county's problems is correct and will strike a chord with many people.

Of course, you can carry on throwing in references to Blair, Brown, illegal wars etc or try to minutely dismember some little facet of this post to prove a small point or examine its grammar, but that is just trying to deflect from the overall truth that Ed Milliband has got it right. A whole generation is growing up without hope.
Since Brown was allowed to run amok..........this country is totally f***ed for at least a generation. We have no money or assets. The only way out is to make ourselves more competitive, ie work harder and longer for less money. This process has begun. Our standard of living has been driven back to 2003 levels already and this will continue down until our goods become cheaper than competitors.

All the moaning in the world about wages, pensions, benefits will not create one new job or one pound note. The only new money is that which is being printed by the BoE to stop the banks closing.

The sooner the main population pick up on this the better and we can all just get on with the work needed.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Poverty ?? Do leave off !!

Indeed. I've never believed that calculating poverty on a relative basis has any merit. Just seems to want to encourage a communist state. I think the figures actually show that over the past few years poverty has fallen as the average wages of those in the middle have gone down while incomes for the poor have stayed stable, so bringing more people out of "poverty" whilst not actually earning any (or much) more money.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Crikey this is tough going, " I should have explained by " reasonable rates " I include the terms and conditions as well.

However, I seem to be in a minority here in that I think we really have a busted country with little hope for the future. I can't see how the coalition have done anything to change our slide in to a nation where the majority of its people are living close to poverty with little hope of it changing. I am not sure if he and the Labour Party can really turn it round but his grasp of the county's problems is correct and will strike a chord with many people.

Of course, you can carry on throwing in references to Blair, Brown, illegal wars etc or try to minutely dismember some little facet of this post to prove a small point or examine its grammar, but that is just trying to deflect from the overall truth that Ed Milliband has got it right. A whole generation is growing up without hope.

It will take the Coalition more than 5 years, maybe more than 10, to turn around the damage inflicted by Blair, Brown and Balls. They certainly can't "change our slide" in 3 years. The 3 B's spent 13 years getting the slide in full flow.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Since Brown was allowed to run amok..........this country is totally f***ed for at least a generation. We have no money or assets. The only way out is to make ourselves more competitive, ie work harder and longer for less money. This process has begun. Our standard of living has been driven back to 2003 levels already and this will continue down until our goods become cheaper than competitors.

All the moaning in the world about wages, pensions, benefits will not create one new job or one pound note. The only new money is that which is being printed by the BoE to stop the banks closing.

The sooner the main population pick up on this the better and we can all just get on with the work needed.

On a global level, surely every person in the west needs to accept that our standard of living will drop during the course of this century. We've lived off the back of the colonies and their natural resources for a long time while they lived in poverty, now they are getting their taste of the good times it means a smaller slice of the pie for us. The only difference is they are prepared to work hard for what they get while in the west everyone is used to getting something for nothing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ok lets talk about principles and not past failures then. I think this little story sums it up nicely. (And no, it isn't actually me in the story, and I have never voted Tory fwiw)

Recently, whilst I was working in the flower beds in the front garden, my neighbours stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their 12 year old daughter what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be Prime Minister one day. Both of her parents – Labour Party voters - were standing there, so I asked her: "If you were Prime Minister what would be the 1st thing you would do?"
She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."
Her parents beamed with pride!
"Wow, what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're Prime Minister to do that!" I told her.
"What do you mean?" she replied.
So I told her: "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, trim my hedge and I'll pay you £50. Then you can go down to the Town Centre, find a homeless man and can give him the £50 to buy food." She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless man come over and do the work and you can just pay him the £50?"
I said, "Welcome to the Conservative Party.

Except it wouldn't be £50 would it ? it would be a lot lot less

If you listen to those lickspittles at the BBC, then it was the greatest speech ever in the history of speeches!! What a joke that party are! Scripted claps, scripted looks,scripted interviews and all lapped up by the soviet BBC! What a disgraceful shambolic lot they are!

Camicus

Eds just promised to repeal the NHS act that the Tories pushed through. You can argue about the rest to your hearts content but this has just won my vote

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I hazard a guess that most comments on this thread (up until about 6.30pm) will be pro-Ed.

And then, when the workers come home, the balance might shift

An outstanding and accurate response.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It will take the Coalition more than 5 years, maybe more than 10, to turn around the damage inflicted by Blair, Brown and Balls. They certainly can't "change our slide" in 3 years. The 3 B's spent 13 years getting the slide in full flow.

You may have to explain about Ed Balls' role in the '13 years getting the slide in full flow'.

He was Economic Secretary to the Treasury for 13 months during that time - his only stint in the Treasury while in government.

you dont have to when you are in opposition.

Vote for me then, I would like to buy you all a house, holidays, free season tickets, free travel and look after you all when you are poorly. You won't even need to go to work.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
If you listen to those lickspittles at the BBC, then it was the greatest speech ever in the history of speeches!! What a joke that party are! Scripted claps, scripted looks,scripted interviews and all lapped up by the soviet BBC! What a disgraceful shambolic lot they are!

Sounds like all party leaders speeches at conferences to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here