Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dyche sacked!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
People say madness but parallels with us and Hughton. Burnley want better and nothing wrong with that. So did we. Then Potter arrived, and it’s been….much the same!

I don’t see the parallels?
We were never in the bottom 3.
Bloom allowed Hughton to see the season out. Had relegation seemed odds on, I’d expect he’d have kept him to get back up again.

Burnley want better - he’s been there 10 years!! They’ve just pressed the big red panic button, probably have some haymaker play belief that a new guy will dig out 3 wins from somewhere.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Here we go right on time, Chooo… Chooo….. all aboard the Potter bashing train to moansville.

The pleasures all mine! You kinda leapt into the boat before I’d even cast the net. All aboard, all aboard now the 14.15 to the John West factory… :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Really??? Have you seen the 2 goals we scored v Arsenal???

Are you having a goldfish moment? Forgotten everything prior to last Saturday? That we’ve not scored at home since medieval times and earned a host of other unenviable PL records? Potters not exactly been pulling up trees this year (it’s mid April btw) bar ONE result. But yes, we beat Arsenal and were on FIRE! :flameboun More this weekend hopefully!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Very strange decision. The timing is really odd, only a few games to go so why not wait till the season is over? And I'd say they would've stood a decent chance of coming straight back up with him as manager (should they go down).

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Are you having a goldfish moment? Forgotten everything prior to last Saturday? That we’ve not scored at home since medieval times and earned a host of other unenviable PL records? Potters not exactly been pulling up trees this year (it’s mid April btw) bar ONE result. But yes, we beat Arsenal and were on FIRE! :flameboun More this weekend hopefully!

Sad.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Given the surrender versus Norwich, you have to wonder if he converted to 'destroy and exit'. Sacked means a tasty pay off. His round at the next British Football Managers Club lunch.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sorry to state the obvious, but from the owners perspective, they really, REALLY don't want to get relegated. No guarantees of a return any time soon in an extremely difficult league. Losing to Norwich (and the manner of that performance, which was absolutely dire and their worst of the season), it's clear they think it's worth Dyche's (big) payoff to try and keep their PL status.

I can see why they've done it.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Writing was on the wall after he had his little strop about transfer budgets last summer I think it was.

All those saying ‘he’s the best English manager’ - all these clubs who see themselves above a station; Villa, Everton, Wolves, West Ham, Leeds etc. none of them have come in for Dyche and you have to ask yourselves why? Can’t be that they’re all stupid (although that does come into it). I just think he’s never shown any variation or progressive approach to how his teams play. Now this is generally very effective, but it’s never been aspirational, more like a means to an end. When it’s worked, it’s worked well for them, but this isn’t the first time they’ve skirted this close to the drop either.

After beating Everton, the manner of the Norwich defeat was particularly poor. There seemed little imagination in what they were doing, there was no missed 30 chances for them, Norwich seemingly doomed just looked more hungry.

As they say on NSC….. very much this.
Heard he was interviewed for the palace job last year and did not impress.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry to state the obvious, but from the owners perspective, they really, REALLY don't want to get relegated. No guarantees of a return any time soon in an extremely difficult league. Losing to Norwich (and the manner of that performance, which was absolutely dire and their worst of the season), it's clear they think it's worth Dyche's (big) payoff to try and keep their PL status.

I can see why they've done it.

I strongly suspect that the new 'merican owners have seen what Jesse Marsch has done at Leeds since he was brought in, and thought "yeah...we definitely need some of that". Vert naieve.

A dead cat bounce is so rare, I think they've just totally bollocksed their best chance of staying up. There was never a suggestion that the players had stopped playing for Dyche, there was just a fundamental lack of quality in that squad through lack of investment over the years. Whether a new voice in the dressing room can come in and right that listing ship...I very much doubt it.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
^^ time will tell and I suspect you're right exactly for the reasons you've given. I am just saying I can see why they've done it and perhaps it isn't as crazy as it seems at first.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
^^ time will tell and I suspect you're right exactly for the reasons you've given. I am just saying I can see why they've done it and perhaps it isn't as crazy as it seems at first.

Agree with you. They're at the poker table with an average hand that loses their seat at the table unless they go all in. I can see Everton losing their next 4 games, whereas Burnley's next 4 has real potential for points. A new man comes in, puts a smile on everyone's face and they beat a completely knackered West Ham on Sunday, and things could look very different. It's a long shot is what it is.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Daft.

Always thought the gravel voiced Dalek was doing a stirling job punching above their weight.

Good !if I to him and **** Burnley, hope they sink like a polished stone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here