May 25, 2007
Horsham
Burnley announce new manager upgrade.

Davros.PNG

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Got a Burnley fanatic friend in Worthing, he’s crestfallen after the sale of the club, convinced that the new owners are basically going to ‘flip’ the Clarets selling in the summer, after relegation but not before they’ve plundered the parachute money.

As a Burnley fan, surely the best manager to get you back into the Premier League (where you really don’t belong looking at the club budget) is Dyche? Madness.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Insane.

Proven to be able to get you out the champ and the job he’s done at Burnley is incredible.

Best English manager by a mile.

I can see them in the Championship for a while

Clueless decision. The prat of a chairman should realise he's only had so many bonus seasons of PL football because of Dyche.

No fan of their longball style, but with such a crap budget there was no way they were ever going to be able to compete and stay up playing tika tak.

Dyche system worked to keep such a rubbish budget competitive. He had his number 9 sold without his consent, and whilst results had been poor, who else is going to come into to this physical longball team and do something different?

If they went down, Dyche was odds on to bounce back, now what?

Burnley deserve to sow what they reap. No loyalty to the only person in the club able to keep them punching above their weight for years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Reading through the the Burnley Forum and they don’t seem to be impressed

Maybe the club will realise their mistake and resurrect him on Monday?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Those slagging of Dyche did they not go to the past few home games against them. They have not all hoof ball. They played some decent stuff. I’d imagine Dyche with some better players would be a mid table premier league manager. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at Everton next season.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Those slagging of Dyche did they not go to the past few home games against them. They have not all hoof ball. They played some decent stuff. I’d imagine Dyche with some better players would be a mid table premier league manager. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at Everton next season.
I think Everton should sack Frank now and get Dyche in!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dyche would have been perfect for Everton, but that ship had sailed.
I expect Dyche will want a bit of a break and when he’ll probBly be targeted by whichever Premier League club starts poorly next season. Maybe one of the newly promoted teams.

So Everton under Frank?

Nov 27, 2018
From everything I've heard, they don't really understand the club or the league. An American Venky's.

Of course, it may be that Dyche was holding Burnley back all these years and that now they'll storm the rest of their fixtures playing open, expansive football. But I doubt it. Personally I think the absence of Ben Mee - another excellent defend-first centre back ignored by Gareth Southgate - has been more of a factor in their recent struggles than anything Dyche has done or not done.

Yes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Writing was on the wall after he had his little strop about transfer budgets last summer I think it was.

All those saying ‘he’s the best English manager’ - all these clubs who see themselves above a station; Villa, Everton, Wolves, West Ham, Leeds etc. none of them have come in for Dyche and you have to ask yourselves why? Can’t be that they’re all stupid (although that does come into it). I just think he’s never shown any variation or progressive approach to how his teams play. Now this is generally very effective, but it’s never been aspirational, more like a means to an end. When it’s worked, it’s worked well for them, but this isn’t the first time they’ve skirted this close to the drop either.

After beating Everton, the manner of the Norwich defeat was particularly poor. There seemed little imagination in what they were doing, there was no missed 30 chances for them, Norwich seemingly doomed just looked more hungry.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People say madness but parallels with us and Hughton. Burnley want better and nothing wrong with that. So did we. Then Potter arrived, and it’s been….much the same!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here