Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dyche sacked!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Ben Mee has been appointed temporary player/ manager.
It would appear that it wasn’t therefore a planned sacking.

That would explain the strange timing. They fired his entire team so maybe they mutinied en masse and said give us the tools for next season or get rid of us.
we have to wait till the end of next season to get a view on the merits of the decision.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He had certainly lost his mojo last few months - his interviews were not his usual self.
Wonder if it was Wood being sold ? Odd that he signed a new contract after the Jan transfer window though if he wasn’t happy ?

Norwich loss for example, normally you’d expect him to be fuming in the interview but wasn’t

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He had certainly lost his mojo last few months - his interviews were not his usual self.
Wonder if it was Wood being sold ? Odd that he signed a new contract after the Jan transfer window though if he wasn’t happy ?

Norwich loss for example, normally you’d expect him to be fuming in the interview but wasn’t

Indeed…suggesting the sunny weather was one of the reasons for the defeat can’t have helped :facepalm:

Joey Barton the next manager? :moo:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Can see Burnley being out of the PL for a long time, as Dyche will be difficult to replace unless serious money is made available to the new manager to upgrade the squad.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Haven’t read through the rest of the thread. But very much this.
He’s not for me.

I'm not sure it's a matter of who is better or worse, just that their methods are poles apart from each others, still a great manager for the right club though Sean Dyche, he has done a brilliant job for Burnley and l wish him well.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
People say madness but parallels with us and Hughton. Burnley want better and nothing wrong with that. So did we. Then Potter arrived, and it’s been….much the same!

It really hasn’t though has it?

Look at all the U23 players coming through. If Hughton was still here we wouldn’t have a squad with so many exciting players for the future (playing now), they simply wouldn’t have been played. Maty Ryan would still be in goal for starters! .

I completely disagree with your narrow minded view.
This “we have the same amount of points so nothing has changed” nonsense must stop.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Part of the takeover deal, which cost ALK (the American owners) about £15m because they borrowed £60m secured on Burnley FC 's assets, and they took £50m from the club bank account, is that if they can't pay the remaining £60m or so, the shares go back to the previous owners. Who are still on the board of directors but who allegedly knew nothing about the sacking.

The suggestion is that if we get relegated, ALK will have no source of funds to repay the bank loan and the shareholders loan, not even if they filch all the parachute money and sell all the saleable assets, and so this is short term desperation to save their investment. If we go down, their goose is cooked as well as ours.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The takeover was a shambles. Shocking it was allowed to happen all these years after the Glazers did it with a much bigger business.

Shocking sacking too but you can't really afford to lose at home to Norwich in a must win fixture

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It really hasn’t though has it?

Look at all the U23 players coming through. If Hughton was still here we wouldn’t have a squad with so many exciting players for the future (playing now), they simply wouldn’t have been played. Maty Ryan would still be in goal for starters! .

I completely disagree with your narrow minded view.
This “we have the same amount of points so nothing has changed” nonsense must stop.

Being someone who watches the games in the middle of the night I will also add that it is far easier to stay awake when watching Potterball as opposed to Hughtonball.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Part of the takeover deal, which cost ALK (the American owners) about £15m because they borrowed £60m secured on Burnley FC 's assets, and they took £50m from the club bank account, is that if they can't pay the remaining £60m or so, the shares go back to the previous owners. Who are still on the board of directors but who allegedly knew nothing about the sacking.

The suggestion is that if we get relegated, ALK will have no source of funds to repay the bank loan and the shareholders loan, not even if they filch all the parachute money and sell all the saleable assets, and so this is short term desperation to save their investment. If we go down, their goose is cooked as well as ours.

What a shit end to a great run for Burnley, chaos lies ahead if you are right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here