Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dyche sacked!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Part of the takeover deal, which cost ALK (the American owners) about £15m because they borrowed £60m secured on Burnley FC 's assets, and they took £50m from the club bank account, is that if they can't pay the remaining £60m or so, the shares go back to the previous owners. Who are still on the board of directors but who allegedly knew nothing about the sacking.

The suggestion is that if we get relegated, ALK will have no source of funds to repay the bank loan and the shareholders loan, not even if they filch all the parachute money and sell all the saleable assets, and so this is short term desperation to save their investment. If we go down, their goose is cooked as well as ours.

Is that first paragraph sourced or is it rumour ? I don’t see why the shares would revert to previous owners. Wouldn’t the club simply go into administration and ALK lose their investment ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It really hasn’t though has it?

Look at all the U23 players coming through. If Hughton was still here we wouldn’t have a squad with so many exciting players for the future (playing now), they simply wouldn’t have been played. Maty Ryan would still be in goal for starters! .

I completely disagree with your narrow minded view.
This “we have the same amount of points so nothing has changed” nonsense must stop.

Too easy. Another sardine.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm not suggesting for a moment that he would. Burnley and Dyche are a marriage made in heaven, They are about each others level.

I'm normally in agreement with the DULLARD as he knows his stuff but I would suggest Dyche was worth a lot more than 5% to Burnley. I'd suggest that Klopp and Pep are in the same bracket too. Yes, they have the best players but they make them better technically (Pep) or physically (Klopp) and each coach is on the level of his players.

Stephens aside. Burnley have made some astonishing signings over the years…..

1. Ashley Barnes - £500k
2. Dwight McNeil - Free transfer from Man Utd youth
3. Maxwel Cornet - £13.5m
4. Chris Wood - £14.7m
5. Nick Pope - £1.1m
6. Ben Mee - free transfer from Man City youth
7. James Tarkowski - £3.6m
8. Jóhann Berg Gudmundsson - £2.7m

I’d suggest that the budget+recruitment department that got this lot in is at least 90% responsible for Burnley’s extended Premier League stay. Dyche would clearly have said ‘yes’ to all these players but whether he’d actually put their names forwards in the first place, who knows?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

1. Ashley Barnes - £500k
4. Chris Wood - £14.7m
5. Nick Pope - £1.1m

I’d suggest that the budget+recruitment department that got this lot in is at least 90% responsible for Burnley’s extended Premier League stay. Dyche would clearly have said ‘yes’ to all these players but whether he’d actually put their names forwards in the first place, who knows?

Surely many clubs can pinpoint a clutch of successful signings over a similar period?

Sanchez, March, Dunk, Lampty, Veltman, Knockeart, Murray for example.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Part of the takeover deal, which cost ALK (the American owners) about £15m because they borrowed £60m secured on Burnley FC 's assets, and they took £50m from the club bank account, is that if they can't pay the remaining £60m or so, the shares go back to the previous owners. Who are still on the board of directors but who allegedly knew nothing about the sacking.

The suggestion is that if we get relegated, ALK will have no source of funds to repay the bank loan and the shareholders loan, not even if they filch all the parachute money and sell all the saleable assets, and so this is short term desperation to save their investment. If we go down, their goose is cooked as well as ours.

Well mate, i know there’s a lot of negativity towards your lot on here, but I certainly feel for you if this scenario does happen. From being a well run club sticking within a budget (and upsetting the big boys a lot over the seasons)to what could be a shambles.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm not sure it's a matter of who is better or worse, just that their methods are poles apart from each others, still a great manager for the right club though Sean Dyche, he has done a brilliant job for Burnley and l wish him well.

Mrs DiS and I agreed yesterday that most people don’t like Sean Dyche, but recognise he’s done a brilliant job for Burnley,

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Surely many clubs can pinpoint a clutch of successful signings over a similar period?

Sanchez, March, Dunk, Lampty, Veltman, Knockeart, Murray for example.

Indeed, hence the ‘90% of success is down to budget’ remarks. Amongst others, Pullis, Hodgson and Allardyce have been incredibly successful at coming up with supremely organised EPL teams that sit back and play aggressive anti-football whilst playing the percentages and taking their chances.

Dyche is brilliant at what he does, but with that group of players, there are a number of managers that may have got similar results:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

1. Ashley Barnes - £500k
4. Chris Wood - £14.7m
5. Nick Pope - £1.1m

I think Dyche was very involved in recruitment at Burnley. For example I know that he wanted Tarkowski when he was at Oldham but couldn't persuade the board to stump up the fee that Oldham were demanding and so Brentford stepped in and Burnley eventually ended up paying a lot more. .

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Mrs DiS and I agreed yesterday that most people don’t like Sean Dyche, but recognise he’s done a brilliant job for Burnley,

That's probably because most people haven't met him. He doesn't come across well in ten-second post-match clips or when berating referees on the touchline, but he's a clever and witty guy in person.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Burnley look like joining the list of Wimbledon and Stoke who were successful in the Prem playing physical anti-football - particularly at home - but eventually returning to the EFL and never being heard of again.

I don't know where Dyche goes from here. Next season's Prem could be the first hoof-free zone perhaps ever, and whilst managers will be sacked will those clubs turn to Dyche who will have a couple of relegations on his CV?

A good fit would seem to be a Championship club with a bit of money who would happily trade pretty football for the Prem. West Brom fit the bill.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Really weird decision.

A month ago might have made sense, in the hope a new manager can turn things around.
A month from now might make sense either to rebuild in the Championship or the Premier League with a new style.

Doing it now just seems pointless. Pretty much nails on relegation. And if you're prepared to write off relegation anyway, there's no point ditching Dyche now (I would imagine he has a clause in his contract whereby the severance is lower in the event of relegation).

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Wasnt Sam Allardyce's last job being brought in to save West Brom from relegation? Which he failed to do. If the Burnley owners plan is to bring him in then they're ****ing mad.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
A good fit would seem to be a Championship club with a bit of money who would happily trade pretty football for the Prem. West Brom fit the bill.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Stoke to me.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Is that first paragraph sourced or is it rumour ? I don’t see why the shares would revert to previous owners. Wouldn’t the club simply go into administration and ALK lose their investment ?
The numbers are approximate but definitely in the right ballpark, but it is official that if ALK can't pay for the shares in full, they revert to the previous owners.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's probably because most people haven't met him. He doesn't come across well in ten-second post-match clips or when berating referees on the touchline, but he's a clever and witty guy in person.

I can confirm that from my boss who is an good friend of a solicitor who has worked for many PL clubs and he told me that Dyche is a great bloke and the nicest manager in the league (this was a couple of years ago). He also had high praise for Klopp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here