Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - Refusing to play?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So at post 361 we have established:

There is no evidence to suggest that Lewis Dunk refused to play.

There is no evidence that an offer has been accepted.

I wonder where we will be at post 722.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Can't help but wonder how literal Kit Symons was being in his post match interview about how VERY VERY close they are to a signing... :

'Asked what the latest was on the transfer front, Symons replied in his post-match press conference: “We’re very close to a couple but until they’re done I won’t name names. We’re very, very close to one and hopefully close to another as well.'

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
N
Can't help but wonder how literal Kit Symons was being in his post match interview about how VERY close they are to a signing... :

'Asked what the latest was on the transfer front, Symons replied in his post-match press conference: “We’re very close to a couple but until they’re done I won’t name names. We’re very, very close to one and hopefully close to another as well.'
Tim Ream and Dwight Gayle, hopefully

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not if they want the £5m. I don't think sentiment comes into it. All players will end up as memories and in reality it is a cattle market, and probably has to be thought of that way.

Just enjoy them whilst they are here and then the next ones.

or perhaps they don't want the £5m but would rather use him in a promotion push that if successful, sees him in the Premier league with us or if not, could see the club net £8-10m from his continued improvement.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
So at post 361 we have established:

There is no evidence to suggest that Lewis Dunk refused to play.

There is no evidence that an offer has been accepted.

I wonder where we will be at post 722.
Wishing Dunk well at the huge club he is at now, and the inevitable England call up.

Hope he mentions Brighton, that made him a star like Zamora.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Open question: how does Lewis Dunk compare to Shaun Hutchinson? I think Fulham would want to replace Bodurov ?

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
or perhaps they don't want the £5m but would rather use him in a promotion push that if successful, sees him in the Premier league with us or if not, could see the club net £8-10m from his continued improvement.

But we could buy 3 or 4 good players for the money to ensure we have the squad to get promoted. We have shown good recruitment ability this summer so I am confident on that side of things. £5m is a lot of money.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Did we miss him today?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Might have done? We had ten corners that all came to nothing.
Agree. Dunk is also huge and might have one a couple of headers against Smith. Watching back on the highlights i can see Uwe got caught out a few times.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But we could buy 3 or 4 good players for the money to ensure we have the squad to get promoted. We have shown good recruitment ability this summer so I am confident on that side of things. £5m is a lot of money.
I don't think we could get as many as 3, mostly because that would be 3 players wages, all of whom would probably be on more than Dunk is now. And I'm not sure how many would get a regular starting position, our first 11 isn't too shabby (inc Murphy).

I suppose that's not what we're looking at anyway. We need to bring in a couple of other players anyway - another winger, and someone like Teixeira.
1) If we can't do that without selling Dunk, then we have to sell.
2) If we can do it, then selling Dunk would mean we can aim a bit higher with those signings (and get another CB).
3) If we can get the players Chris wants without selling Dunk, that would be the ideal

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
fair bit on social media re " dunk gone"...it's a massive shame that he want's to leave , if true...!! if the club want to cash in on him to build the squad then that is also a shame as he is a local lad and probable future captain....anyway , it's a funny old game.....!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
fair bit on social media re " dunk gone"...it's a massive shame that he want's to leave , if true...!! if the club want to cash in on him to build the squad then that is also a shame as he is a local lad and probable future captain....anyway , it's a funny old game.....!!

Its how a club like ours will make its money, produce talent then flog it high.

A move to Fulham for Dunk would just be about money imo.

Newcastle I could understand, more money, big club, Premier League football etc.

Whether he wants to go or not, if the club get the right price they'll sell regardless.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We've done a fair bit of business this summer and that has to be paid for somehow. Sacrificing one player to help the wider rebuilding of a squad that really needed it is a reasonable enough move on the club's part. It's a shame but 'twas ever thus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here