Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog Lovers - How long did your Dog live for ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Very sorry to hear the news GG.

Anyone who has had a dog, and the unconditional loyalty and love that they give, will know what it's like to lose their best four legged friend.

Be strong x

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Very sorry to hear the news GG.

Anyone who has had a dog, and the unconditional loyalty and love that they give, will know what it's like to lose their best four legged friend.

Be strong x

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
I had to put my beloved Dog, Harry of over 15 years down today. I was there with him until the end.

Ouch. RIP Harry.

Chin up Unc..... you did it for him so you did the right thing despite the pain. Lost 2 myself (one I had to make the call for him (cross) and the last one (shepherd) made the decision himself whilst he slept.

I share your pain.

I bet you are Uncle. Being with mine at the end is the only reason I won't get another as it hurt so much, but I am so very glad I stayed with my mate until the end.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I bet you are Uncle. Being with mine at the end is the only reason I won't get another as it hurt so much, but I am so very glad I stayed with my mate until the end.

It was what I had to do.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks Frank. I knew the day was coming but it was very tough to have your best mate put down. Truely horrible but I know I did the right thing for him.

theboybilly

So sorry to read this US but good on you both for getting just that little longer together. I lost my Ellie three months ago now and swore I wouldn't have another dog until I retire. I've got two rescue Staffie pups dozing on my settee right at this moment. RIP Harry

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
We put our Yorkie to sleep many years ago and said we would not have a dog again,we lasted 3 months .Our second Yorkie was 18 months old when we got him from a house i can only say he was glad to get out ( it took him 6 months to calm him down,raise a newspaper and he cowered for his life) .2 years ago he got diabetes and now he is blind and costs us a fortune in medecine and vets bills ,the wife says she cant go through the pain of having a 3rd dog when the Maxter departs but thats for another day.This little bugger plays on his problems and really gets fussed over ,wouldnt swap him for anything so echo what nearly everybody has said on this thread.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Really sorry to hear that US. Treasure the time you had together and the extra time after the vet wrote him off. You did him proud.

This thread has again brought tears to my eyes.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Only just seen this. Deepest sympathy Gareth. I can very much empathise.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks everyone. I still can't believe it and tonight is very tough. The old boy has been with me for over 15 years and some tough times. He has been a great support and vice versa. Today was truely horrible but I will remember the wonderful times and moments we shared together.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Thanks everyone. I still can't believe it and tonight is very tough. The old boy has been with me for over 15 years and some tough times. He has been a great support and vice versa. Today was truely horrible but I will remember the wonderful times and moments we shared together.

I dont know you, but I really feel for you now. As others have said, no words can describe the loss you are now going through.

Keep your chin up. Thinking of you

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I dont know you, but I really feel for you now. As others have said, no words can describe the loss you are now going through.

Keep your chin up. Thinking of you

Thanks. Tonight is so hard.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Sympathy with you there, going back 30 years and I held the head of my beautiful Golden Retriever as she was put to sleep at the age of five. She had consumed poison on the downs, presumably put down for badgers, but no-one ever knew for sure even after a month of leaving her at the vet's in the morning/pick her up in the evening. It was devastating !

After all that time though, I have within the past two weeks taken on a rescue working cocker spaniel aged around 1 year (no-one knows) and who was within two weeks of being put to sleep. I feel your pain but would say that there are opportunities to help you overcome even an overwhelming sadness such as you have endured.

Best wishes.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I LOVE you Harry and always will. Just my way of saying goodbye x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here