Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog Lovers - How long did your Dog live for ?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Reading this with tears in my eyes. My Boarder terrier called Bob is 8 next month and the thought of not having him anymore is something I cant compute TBH. He is my best friend and just great fun...before I had him I didnt really know how much people can love a dog!

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
My Golden Lab lived till 15ish, Started to notice her labouring and feeling sad. A growth on her thigh. Put down on my lap in our garden. Watched and felt her life drain away and all the tension dissolve. The poison in the needle smells like anthrax. ****ing vet picked her up to take away and dropped her on the pavement. Bang. so long life companion and best friend ever.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
9 years my boy lasted before cancer killed him off. Like Seagull Kimchi, mine was put down on my lap, the ****er looked me right in the eyes as he died, most heart breaking thing ever!

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
9 years my boy lasted before cancer killed him off. Like Seagull Kimchi, mine was put down on my lap, the ****er looked me right in the eyes as he died, most heart breaking thing ever!

At least we are allowed mercy killing for some of our family eh? Feel your pain, but at least we could chose to end it while our companion retained it's dignity.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
It's a very hard decision to make still. Their quality of life vs our needs to have them around.

Oh yes, absolutely....it is so easy to hope another few days may see some kind of improvement, or we can buy a week spoiling them with luxury foods and pampering. But never deny the kindness of an act of mercy. Humans/animals do pass on to infinite dreamland - remember how your dog squirmed and twitched when dreaming?

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I have a goldern retriever and she is 8 in May. Have actually thought of what is going to be like when she finally goes (which I hope is in a few years yet) and to be honest she has lasted longer than 2 wives loads of girlfriends and the odd one night stand, and she has given me more love and affection than the other lot of trollops

Replied to this quote and realised we had a lot in common. Then noticed It was actually my post.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's a very hard decision to make still. Their quality of life vs our needs to have them around.

very much this
all of our animals have gone while in my arms, they then leave without to much distress.

theboybilly

I just can't, really I just can't bring myself to go that last horrible few seconds with my faithful pals. I feel awful leaving them, and the vetinary staff are so understanding, but I hate myself for being such a wimp. The last time, three weeks ago I said that I would go in with Ellie but just couldn't find it in myself to feel the life finally ebb away from her. And yes, I made the mistake of looking back as the door closed......'gutted' doesn't begin to describe it- and slightly ashamed of myself.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harry update.

My lovely and loyal Dog, Harry Glover is D Day plus 203 today. 203 days after the vet gave him 2 days before being put down. He is rocking, happy and loving life with me. We got through the crisis together with total attention, love and caring. This is what you do when the chips are down and you love someone, Human or Animal. Very proud of the old Boy as he has taught me a lot about life and NEVER giving up when it seems hopeless x You only fail when you give up. Harry never gave up and for that I Love him until the very end.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Nice one. Glad he proved the vet wrong. My lab is only just turned 2 so hopefully many happy years ahead. He is currently laid up with Kennel Cough so he isn't best pleased at the moment. Isolation!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harry is amazing.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Harry update.

My lovely and loyal Dog, Harry Glover is D Day plus 203 today. 203 days after the vet gave him 2 days before being put down. He is rocking, happy and loving life with me. We got through the crisis together with total attention, love and caring. This is what you do when the chips are down and you love someone, Human or Animal. Very proud of the old Boy as he has taught me a lot about life and NEVER giving up when it seems hopeless x You only fail when you give up. Harry never gave up and for that I Love him until the very end.

this has made my day
well done US and even more well done harry

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I had to put my beloved Dog, Harry of over 15 years down today. I was there with him until the end.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I had to put my beloved Dog, Harry of over 15 years down today. I was there with him until the end.

RIP Harry
you were well loved
remember the good times US

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am crying like a Baby now. I will miss him so much.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Being there at the end was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. I can't begin to tell you what he mean't to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here