Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog Lovers - How long did your Dog live for ?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
So sorry to see this! Absolutely gutting! our dogs become so much part of our family and whatever mood you are in, if you have had a bad day, when you come through the door you see someone that is ecstatic to see you! Toughest part of owning a dog is knowing that this day will come! Looks and sounds like Dora was loved and had a great life and that is all she would have wanted!! Feeling you pain!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It was only last night as I was replying to a dog thread asking for advice on NSC that my thoughts drifted to this very thread. I knew one day that I would end up posting on this thread but by Christ, I did not think it would be so soon. My best friend and companion sadly had to be put to sleep this morning. She was showing signs of her old age ( 14 and arthritis ) and had been to the vets a couple of times in the past fortnight for a couple of minor things. On getting home from work yesterday evening there was no meet and greet as was the norm, instead she gingerly wandered in and stood glued to the spot unwilling to move. A trip back to the vets, more pain killing medication and back home. She didn't even want to go for her evening walk. A couple of hours later her condition went down further, then a sleepness night for her and both my wife and I who took turns to nurse her. In the back of my mind I knew what was going on was not going to have a positive outcome but it did not lesson the pain when I took her to the vets this morning and she confirmed my worst fear ( a ruptured growth on her liver ). Dora was my first dog as an adult and a big part of my life especially getting me out of the flat and walking. Goodnight sweetheart.
POSER
View attachment 71896

BELLY RUB TIME
View attachment 71897

So sorry to learn of this. I've got a retriever aswell and they are the best dogs you can have as a companion.

Thoughts truly with you :-(

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was only last night as I was replying to a dog thread asking for advice on NSC that my thoughts drifted to this very thread. I knew one day that I would end up posting on this thread but by Christ, I did not think it would be so soon. My best friend and companion sadly had to be put to sleep this morning. She was showing signs of her old age ( 14 and arthritis ) and had been to the vets a couple of times in the past fortnight for a couple of minor things. On getting home from work yesterday evening there was no meet and greet as was the norm, instead she gingerly wandered in and stood glued to the spot unwilling to move. A trip back to the vets, more pain killing medication and back home. She didn't even want to go for her evening walk. A couple of hours later her condition went down further, then a sleepness night for her and both my wife and I who took turns to nurse her. In the back of my mind I knew what was going on was not going to have a positive outcome but it did not lesson the pain when I took her to the vets this morning and she confirmed my worst fear ( a ruptured growth on her liver ). Dora was my first dog as an adult and a big part of my life especially getting me out of the flat and walking. Goodnight sweetheart.
POSER
View attachment 71896

BELLY RUB TIME
View attachment 71897

So sorry for you. She has joined my Harry at the Rainbow Bridge now

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Feel for you.
A friend lost her Ridgeback to cancer around October. She isnt quite over it yet, and her other dog hasnt got over it at all. A dog that was generally the life and soul of anywhere it went, now looks like a lost miserable soul. Its so sad. Tend to forget their animal mates feel it as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here