Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Dean Wilkins deserve this treatment?

DO you think Wilkins has been treated fairly?

• No - This is SHODDY to the MAX

Votes: 106 67.5%
  • Yes - Thats life

Votes: 51 32.5%

• Total voters

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Agreed. I'm so f***ing angry at the moment, Absolutely disgraceful treatment of Wilkins here :censored:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I feel certain he will leave (and so would I).

Didn't DK advise prior to appointing DW as manager several bigger clubs were after him as Youth Academy Director ?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
He did a fantastic job last season, espically the way we were looking at Xmas time. But if we are realistic enough, to get promoted to the Championship before Falmer. We needed a manager with experience, and the Mesiah is that man.

WELCOME BACK MA! :clap2: :clap2:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am MIFFED to the extreme.

Wilkins has done a brilliant job - had just about won over the fans and REBUILT the team after losing players and had a full Summer of new signings ahead of him and Knight goes and does this.

Absolutely BANG out of order.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Disgraceful treatment, personally would DK to the cleaners and claim every bit of money due for termination of contract, doubt he will because he loves the club

pishrat

Feb 27, 2008
Unless Wilkins has made some sort of decision that he's not cut out for management, then this is seriously out of order.

What are the club thinking? Who made the decision to release ten players last week? It makes no sense.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am annoyed at Wilkins treatment but will he get another job somewhere else? Why is everyone assuming it is down to Knight. It may be that other investors demanded the change, as with McGhee.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
No he doesn't deserve it, he's done a very good job this season and I must admit I was anticipating a successful era under him.

If it was any other man taking his place I'd be extremely upset but it's mixed emotions for me right now.

Just got to wait for the dust to settle and maybe the answers to all our questions will be disclosed.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
How has Dean been treated?

We don't know any of teh circumstances of this yet. He may have decided he'd rather be a coach and didn't want the managers responsibilities? After the last few days who can blame him?

Why don't we find out what went on before we rant about Deano's treatment.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Unless Wilkins has ASKED to stand down I think this is disgraceful.

The fact Wilkins has been OFFERED first team coach position and the text does not say Wilkins WILL be first team coach implies he has not decided yet in which case it hardly seems likely it would have come from him...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surely there is a case for constructive dismissal of some sort as in effect I doubt DW signed a contract saying he could have someone appointed over him ?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Surely there is a case for constructive dismissal of some sort as in effect I doubt DW signed a contract saying he could have someone appointed over him ?

Think you might find Knight had this written into his contract

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Maybe the board thought the playoffs were a minimum requirement for this season?

We did spend big in January after all.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
"For obvious reasons Dean is in shock and we don't expect him to come up with an answer yet. He needs to think about it and we will do everything to persuade him to stay."

from Argus website.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here