Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Dean Wilkins deserve this treatment?

DO you think Wilkins has been treated fairly?

• No - This is SHODDY to the MAX

Votes: 106 67.5%
  • Yes - Thats life

Votes: 51 32.5%

• Total voters

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Surely Dean can't accept the club's offer to be first team coach.

I think it is disgraceful the way he has been treated.

Agree?

Agree 100% - disgraceful treatment and Adams is a has been.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hang on, who on here knows exactly who knew what and when?

You're getting on your high horse before all the facts are known to us.

I'll wait till everything comes out in the wash before I start ranting, instead of hanging on to the cheap tabloidese 'IF THIS IS TRUE, then blah, blah, blah...'

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Argus report seems to suggest Wilkins did NOT know about this.

I doubt very much he could see the large knife about to be plunged in his back for falling one place short of the play offs and considerably improving on last season.

Nice of DK to say well done to DW in the last program for the push to the play offs I would have prefered the truth and what was being planned.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

I'll wait till everything comes out in the wash before I start ranting, instead of hanging on to the cheap tabloidese 'IF THIS IS TRUE, then blah, blah, blah...'

From a man that has been on more high horses than Harvey Smith that is top quality:D

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
M A was the last really great manager we had. I for one am delighted to see him back and also hope that DW stays on as 1st team coach.

I would also add that we do seem to be a bit top heavy in the coaching department now and this would be a good time to have a reshuffle there too, in the same way the playing staff has been rationalised. Do we need White, Chapman and Hinshelwood as well as MA and DW?

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Typical same old people, can the club not do anything right for these people?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Funny cos Knight is quoted as saying Wilkins is still in shock. That would SUGGEST to me he did not see this coming.

bobbyzam

Jul 5, 2006
London
I think Wilkins has been treated very badly.

However I am pleased to see him go, think we finished 1 place outside the play-offs this season despite him not because of him.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Considering we were the Racing Post's headline tip to go down at the start of the season, i doubt if the playoffs were the minimum reguirement !!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I only just read about this...........I am absolutely shocked. Thought this was a MASSIVE nsc wind-up. We finish 18th he keeps his job. Our team improves with a great foundation for next season, finish 7th and gets the old boot.
Shocking.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
From a man that has been on more high horses than Harvey Smith that is top quality:D

Exactly what I was thinking.:glare:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm not sure if bringing Adams back is good news or not yet - but it doesn't look like Wilkins has been especially well treated.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
VERY harsh on Wilkins, ignoring my dislike for the man, you'd be a fool not to see he's done bloody well this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here