Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you make MODELS ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That is rather impressive Easy10. I am genuinely envious

I can't wait for my son to be a little older and I can get models for him and help him out. He already (only 3 at the moment) appears to be more talented than me when it comes to building towers roads so I am sure he will love them. I would love to start doing them again but always got impatient when it came to the painting so they always ended up looking CRAP

A fair few went the way of being destroyed as well

Cheers chap.
Painting it first is the boring bit I agree. I'm always ITCHING to get stuck into some serious glueing action. It’s the little transfers I love though, really brings the whole thing to life once you stick those suckers on, and you know your almost DONE.

I have this in my cupboard to make and finished the Jenson Button McClaren a couple of months ago.....the tail fin on the mclaren took me about three weeks and I rebuilt it twice.

Brilliant efforts there mate

Cheers Dave

That ship looks bloody amazing. I bet the rigging is going to be a NIGHTMARE.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My sister's kid loves diggers and earthmovers and stuff and I wanted to get him an Airfix type model of an excavator for Christmas. I had a quick scoot around the Airfix website, but they don't do stuff like that, seemingly.

Do any of the resident model aficionados know if such things exist? I'm looking for this type of thing, but in an Airfix type assembly format...

Volvo Construction Equipment Merchandise – The Official Volvo Merchandise Shop

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My sister's kid loves diggers and earthmovers and stuff and I wanted to get him an Airfix type model of an excavator for Christmas. I had a quick scoot around the Airfix website, but they don't do stuff like that, seemingly.

Do any of the resident model aficionados know if such things exist? I'm looking for this type of thing, but in an Airfix type assembly format...

Volvo Construction Equipment Merchandise – The Official Volvo Merchandise Shop

This is the only one I can find, but it's only 1/72 scale

Dapol JCB Scale 00 045

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
IMAG0260.jpg
IMAG0240.jpg

Very nicely painted!
To finish, make up a base, with perhaps a workshop in the background to set the scene. Could turn it into a nice diorama

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Own up oldies, anybody admit to having a brave but ultimately doomed to failure stab at the Blue Peter version of Thunderbirds Tracy Island?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Own up oldies, anybody admit to having a brave but ultimately doomed to failure stab at the Blue Peter version of Thunderbirds Tracy Island?

I gave it a ruddy good go when i was a kid with my step-dad. Unfortunately it looked like Godzilla had vomited over the Isle Of Wight.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
In the 1950's my pocket money used to buy Airfix kits from 'Woolies' in Western Road. 2 shillings for the basic Spitfire, Hurricane & 'Gerry' planes. Home on the no. 19 bus to Patcham & Sunday spent assembling them. Like others here I used to hang them from the bedroom ceiling to collect dust much to my mum's dismay. Having the smallest [box room] bedroom when space became a problem it was solved by hanging the models from the apple tree in the back garden of Greenfield Cres. & me practising my young skills as a sniper with my Webley .177 air rifle.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Does anyone use an airbrush for their models. Was wondering if it's worth getting one ?

Yes I do. They Re quite fiddly and require by specific cleaning. You also really need a compressor too as the cannisters tend to discharge at the same psi.

You get a superb coverage and especially if you are "weathering" your kits.

There is an airbrush company in lancing. If I can find their website, I will post it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Does anyone use an airbrush for their models. Was wondering if it's worth getting one ?

Yes I do. They Re quite fiddly and require by specific cleaning. You also really need a compressor too as the cannisters tend to discharge at the same psi.

You get a superb coverage and especially if you are "weathering" your kits.

There is an airbrush company in lancing. If I can find their website, I will post it

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

Yes, I do too, best investment you'll make if you wanna up your modelling to the next level.
I use two airbrushes, the "omni 4000" by thayor & chandler
And the "infinity" by harder & steenbeck (probably the best airbrush out there)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm getting back into a bit of this and introducing my nine-year-old boy to it too, starting with this with a Bond paint job...

$(KGrHqR,!iQF!-z4FifZBQ,bRl)5Mg~~60_35.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here