Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you make MODELS ?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I have interests in a model factory in the Philippines, we produce any type of plane or ship, hand carved and hand painted,
All made from sustained mahogany, so if u want one for yourself or special friend have a butchers here Hand made mahogany models

Any colour scheme is available just provide a photo.

As each model is bespoke it will take approx 2 months to delivery, £20 deposit and balance paid when you approve final photos of the model.

Any sales 10 percent to REMF

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yep."but I tend now to build billings and Amati wooden ships...not toys at all....in fact the latest, a Greek 3 rd century warship looks bloody difficult as you have to bend the planking almost 45 degrees.

Pref tamiya stuff if I am making plastic models, but have recently returned to the old monogram, now revell classic American cars.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
I have interests in a model factory in the Philippines, we produce any type of plane or ship, hand carved and hand painted,
All made from sustained mahogany, so if u want one for yourself or special friend have a butchers here Hand made mahogany models

Any colour scheme is available just provide a photo.

As each model is bespoke it will take approx 2 months to delivery, £20 deposit and balance paid when you approve final photos of the model.

Any sales 10 percent to REMF

Sadly can't get the link to work.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Blinding thread...

I started a splendid Monogram Ford Thunderbird Grand National NASCAR stock car around 1990 when a bit poorly, and it currently sits, complete but unfinished in a draw in the boudoir*

*But is now on my knee, being studied for winter project potential :smile:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I used to make Tamiya Tanks-------then I discovered wimmin:p and :drink: I would point out the wimmin part is a distant memory :rolleyes:

Camicus

Being a geek and a sub nut and a war gamer I have a set of complete U-boat types II-XI as well as some russian tanks a massive apollo rocket and am working on a wooden jolly boat. All taken something of a back seat as good help me I started doing a pottery course with Mrs C and have discovered its actually great.

Flame on :D

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. A truly WONDERFUL thing. And if I could turn back the clock, I'd ballast that thing to within an inch of its moulded plastic life.

However, in line with the instructions, the main chassis of the plane had already been steadfastly glued before I embarked on the construction of the undercarriage. And as I don't have a mechanics pit, this crucial phase was carried out with the aircraft in an upside-down position. Only once the wheels had been glued into place and left to dry overnight did I turn it over and put it down, and then saw to my horror that the arse-end outweighed the front, tipping the aircraft up dragster-style.

I cannot even begin to describe my anguish at this cataclysmic turnabout of events.

Why not use a delicate hacksaw to remove the nose cone . Insert ballast of your own choosing . Re-glue the nose cone. Rub down the join , and repaint it .

Robert is indeed your father's brother.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I retired at the top of my game, having completed Airfix HMS Victory for my nine year old son. Not even any bits left over either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why not use a delicate hacksaw to remove the nose cone . Insert ballast of your own choosing . Re-glue the nose cone. Rub down the join , and repaint it .

Robert is indeed your father's brother.

That sounds monstrously ambitious. It would all end in disaster, and I'd end up wishing I'd just made do with the blu-tack.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Yep I make models, I started again a couple of years ago for the first time since making them as a kid. I'm 45 now.
I've taken it to another level now so I make a model, paint it, weather it etc then build a scene (diorama) to make it all come alive.
I now have a whole room in the house dedicated to modelling with everything in there from an airbrush & compressor to modelling clay.
It's a great hobby for those cold winter nights

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I did when I was a youngster but used to get that polystyrene cement everywhere :(

That. No pilot would be able to fly any of the planes I put together without severe H&S risks due to a clouded canopy. Keep meaning to try and take it up again when there's the money available.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That sounds monstrously ambitious. It would all end in disaster, and I'd end up wishing I'd just made do with the blu-tack.

You need some tungsten putty, available at all good fishing tackle shops. (Used to anchor hook lengths to the bottom if you must ask)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I do it ! But was too ashamed to admit it until now :)

Gets me away from sitting in front of the TV at night for a change.

In the kitchen, on the table, Radio on, perfect for a couple of hours.

On top of that the boys love it, when the models appear in there rooms overnight :)

Happy Days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here