Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Forlan

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Where does all this speculation leave Michael Owen?

Owen's going to be well pissed off about this. I can just see him stamping his built up shoes in anger right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

homepage_logo.jpg

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Seeing as van Persie is out of contract at the end of the season surely we should be having a very close look at him. I really believe this is the kind of caliber of player we need to be attracting and would be disappointed in our lack of ambition if we missed out on him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Year's contract with an option to extend?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gus will be slipping him the silver tongue tonight, and Forlan will be holding an Albion scarf aloft in front of the West stand before the week is out.

Its a done deal.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think Gus will have phoned him. And why not? Who knows what offers Forlan is going to get. I'm sure Gus can be FAIRLY presuasive. I think our Galileo's agent needs to get himself prepared for another round of top snooping. If there's wooing to be done, that's the spot!

Gus may have phoned him and maybe Diego would be interested until they get to the issue of wages.

A football players career is very short and for a player who is used to earning well over 100K a week, why would he?

it may be his last contract and no doubt he'll get offers in China, the MLS etc that will pay him massively more.

good to dream and i'd cream myself if it happened, but to unrealistic imo

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I don't like the fact that it's actually mildly realistic and I wouldn't put it past Gus to pull of some magic like that....but surely it won't happen...

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
the odds have to be in our favour to one day sign a Uraguayan to play more than one game (or did Arismenddi play more?) whilst Gus is manger, but probably not the Golden Boot winner from the last World Cup....

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
press conference this afternoon at the Amex. Just saw Diego parachuting in.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Can we please just sign 3-4 more good quality players and get on with our preparation for the new season. Forlan??

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Gus will be slipping him the silver tongue tonight, and Forlan will be holding an Albion scarf aloft in front of the West stand before the week is out.

Its a done deal.

Slipping him the silver tongue? That sounds painful!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Seems rather unlikely... I mean, I'm an optimist, but come on...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There's a fine line between vaguely realistic and utterly mad...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You lot need to wake up, Forlan's not the striker for us...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here