Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Forlan

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Never thought we would sign a player of Vicente's calibre last year, who knows with Gus anything is possible that is the beauty of having him as manager.

If Gus could talk to Forlan and make him buy into his vision of the club and with the obvious Uruguay link, it may well happen.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If this happened I would resign from work in order to dedicate all my time to this season. I will also state here that I will eat a large plate of poo.

We're Brighton; teams like Reading & Stoke have more chance, & they have no chance.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
You all jest but I can now reveal that I did in fact see the man himself this very day at The Amex walking about near the reception entrance.

He was wearing an Albion tracksuit and smiling....about 5.30pm

(Admittedly it may have been a female member of staff coming out of the shop at the end of her shift but I'm, er, 90-95% certain it was him.)

(Also admittedly I was 100 miles away in a Haringay traffic jam at around that time, but still....

....he might have been at the club....I wasn't there to say he wasn't.)

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I hope you're not serious. This would never, ever happen.

I would also be expecting his imminent arrival with him naked on the back of a pink unicorn with Gus feeding him grapes and rubbing the small of his back, telling him "daddy has brought you home". Just saying.

Dec 29, 2011
I would also be expecting his imminent arrival with him naked on the back of a pink unicorn with Gus feeding him grapes and rubbing the small of his back, telling him "daddy has brought you home". Just saying.

Oh good. I thought you were being serious :) Normality is restored.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Can't wait to see our three-pronged Uruguayan attack next season. Cavani, Suarez and Diego all in the stripes. Delicious!

As they say, flairiety is the spice of life, an' all that.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
You all jest but I can now reveal that I did in fact see the man himself this very day at The Amex walking about near the reception entrance.

He was wearing an Albion tracksuit and smiling....about 5.30pm

(Admittedly it may have been a female member of staff coming out of the shop at the end of her shift but I'm, er, 90-95% certain it was him.)

(Also admittedly I was 100 miles away in a Haringay traffic jam at around that time, but still....

....he might have been at the club....I wasn't there to say he wasn't.)

Probably Sally Gunnell renewing her season ticket.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Where's Sitch to confirm he's signed? At least we'll get excited for as long as it takes to see who posted it!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Oh, how I would love Senor Forlan to play for us.

Could he be the "gem" that Gus was referring to? I seem to remember Gus saying that this player was not originally on our radar but has unexpectedly become available?

Please, please make this happen.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
ownage-imminent--large-msg-118531152012.jpg

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
There has absolutely been no communication with Forlan looking into the possibility of this.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Imagine if this was on a Palace forum, we'd be pissing ourselves, and I imagine they will be too.

Not a chance. He is in a class above even Vicente

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here