Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Describe your AMEX neighbours

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Right here goes I'm at the Amex and enjoying Buckley scoring the winning goal, and then I hear someone calling out My name and I wake up and ......... oh no ! I,m back at the withdean........................................................ oh ! I thought you said Amex nightmeres.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
NB1 most of last seasons ticket holders around me have returned. chap directly in front is top bloke,good laugh ,loves his football. To his left father and daughter again nice people. To my left my mate and his son,to my right new bloke,seems a bloody nice chap. Behind ,husband and wife and their mate all good. Behind right another man again good laugh. However in front right, father and son. Son is good as but the old man is a complete idiot. He thinks he's funny but he's a bellend of the highest order .

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Infront of our group of 3: A group of lads in their 20's. Think they may have been relatively new supporters. Supported the team and stayed until the end. Seemed a good bunch. :clap2:

To the right: A group of lads 18-25, made a fair bit of noise and got behind the team, again stayed until the end. Think one of them may have had a "sex wee" when Vicente came on! :clap2:

To the left: The most miserable bloke i've ever met in my life. 60+ and all he did was moan. Mainly about Barnes. He raved and raved about CMS. One particular point in the match made me laugh. CMS gave the ball away and Barnes tracked back 40/50 yards and broke up the play. I think it was Bridge who played a ball down the channel to CMS who lost possesion, only for the bloke to shout and abuse Barnes for not being up in support of the "wonderful" CMS. He was swearing at Barnes "What are you doing back there?" Well actually mate he was getting the ball back after your precious CMS gave it away! :annoyed:
He then left after 81 minutes. :tosser:

Behind: Nobody :rave:

To be honest was concentrating on the game too much to notice much around me - must be a bit more social on Saturday. Anyway I do know that to my left is Blue and White Tiger from a previous post on here. f*** me 18 - 25 I wish, anyway thank you. The pants have dried from Vicente coming on.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
To my left my son, to my right an old moany git who seems to think that " tippy tappy football will never get us anywhere. We should play it over the top" Behind queens park pete and his mates, who sang loudly and proudly. I hope for more singing as the south stand boys settle in. I love it now that us disabled folk have people all around us now.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We're in H Block WSU. It's good up there, a good bunch who like to get the atmosphere going. There's a ginger lad to our left. Seems like a really nice chap. The bloke next to us on our right has terrible halotosis. Thank god he doesn't sing.

There is a guy we just know as "green jumper" who sits to the right in the row in front of us and he gets up at every game and gives the away fans stick despite us sitting at the north end of the WSU. There was a revelation last night as "green jumper" had become blue jumper. I can't wait to see if this was a one off or his new look for 2012/13.

Green jumper sits next to "Andy Packham", who is called Andy Packham because he looks EXACTLY our mate Andy Packham... It's not Andy Packham though (unless by coincidence "Andy Packham" is called Andy Packham).

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
New (ST) seats on esu (and it's a grand tv view) with my two sons, next to the 'f' exit. Nice lady and kid in front - who is obviously not a regular as she managed to return from the bar with a half pint at the interval, much licking of lips and folding to temptation followed as i had to go quench my thirst with Harveys..(despite trying to save the pennies). To the left a younger chappie with ginger stubble, more animated than some as there seemed to be general majority of restrained and respectable types around us. Left me feeling a little self conscious of joining in the odd chorus that made as far south as us. It's when you get the kid in front turning round and staring at you when let out an 'ALBION' or whatever makes you think is it me or is shyness infectious. Just wait till we score!

By the way anyone get their feet wet before the match started?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
To my left my son, to my right an old moany git who seems to think that " tippy tappy football will never get us anywhere. We should play it over the top" Behind queens park pete and his mates, who sang loudly and proudly. I hope for more singing as the south stand boys settle in. I love it now that us disabled folk have people all around us now.

I think it's brilliant that the disabled spaces are right in the thick of it. Now dying to take my god son in his wheelchair, last season I did try to get a couple of tickets but couldn't and wasn't sure how much he would get from it: not sure his eyesight is brilliant enough to follow/understand what's happening but he would adore the atmosphere now there are people around him.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The six of us lads that have moved to ESU are surrounded by kids (ages 3 to 6) OAP's and the occasional women - should be interesting when we've all had a skinful - on the upside the view is brilliant compared to our previous WSL seats right in the corner

Son,as I was sat with you I agree with all of your post. I was a bit perplexed when the old feller(80ish) next to me got his binoculers out to watch the match though! However all in all better than last season and a great view. We just need to be a bit less sweary! :eek:

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Son,as I was sat with you I agree with all of your post. I was a bit perplexed when the old feller(80ish) next to me got his binoculers out to watch the match though! However all in all better than last season and a great view. We just need to be a bit less sweary! :eek:

That could have been me yesterday except he 80ish bloke bit! I forgot my glasses and kept saying to my sister: who's that?/what happened?

AgerBomb22

Jun 2, 2011
Chi Town/Burgess Hill
WSU W3D row x

To my left: a good friend of mine
Right: Usauly a few old guys who are very nice and friendly. one of whom sometimes brings his Grandson along to a few games.
Infront. @%1;[MENTION=22043]SeagullSongs[/MENTION] & his Dad
Behind: The stewards/First Aid

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Most of the people around us are alright but there is some "joker" a few rows infront who thinks it's hilarious to shout shoot pretty much every time we have the ball in the oppositions half.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
WSL, W1
To my left, eldest son, to my right youngest son, dad and brother. New people behind us last night, except older guy who is ok. New people in front as well as 2 of my mates and their boys moved to ESU to accomodate one mates youngest son. Actually, seemed like quite a lot of newbies around us, could be something to do with mine and my brother's swearing! Not constant but can be coulourful when disagreeing with the odd lino/refereeing decision! It's fair to say he isn't the biggest fan of Barnes or Dicker either! Certainy caused a few raised eyebrows in the second half after one particularly bad misplaced Dicker pass, especially an older lady 2 rows in front who I think is more akin to an evening at an opera!

Mind you, last night I was more concerned about my uncle, sat to my right instead of my youngest son. It was his first visit to the Amex, indeed his first visit since leaving the Withdean in shame about 2 months before Mcghee was sacked. Now he isn't the sharpest tool in the box, and he hasn't attended much football since the 70's at the Goldstone. Etiquette, language and acceptable opinions were significantly different back then!
I can't remember what game it was but I couldn't attend and so gave my season ticket to said uncle who went with my dad and brother. After a fairly poor result they decided to make their way down the running track behind the duggouts, where Mcghee was visible, standing in front of it. He then launched into 'You're a f*****g w****r Mcghee, why don't you f**k off you useless Scottish w****r,you should be f*****g sacked you useless b*****d'......and more pleasanteries! Mcghee turned, bemused and said something back which only fuelled said uncle's anger and more colourful language and had to be moved on by a steward! By this time my brother and dad had swiftly moved on, not wanting to be associated with him as others stared in disbelief. Anyway, my dad (his older brother) gave him a bollocking and told him he was out of order and they didn't talk for a few months!
Anyway, I still call him a visionary, as results continued to go downhill and about 6 weeks later, sure enough Mcghee got sacked!
Thankfully he was on best behaviour last night and thoroughly enjoyed himself, and there were no 'F**k off Poyet, you useless b*****d', so results will definitely improve! :thumbsup:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

Binoculars for the 80 year old were probably not to watch the match but were used to watch gullys girls pre match

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
infront- very chatty,good laugh
left-group of about six all ok
right- aisle
behind- couple of 40year old (ish) very loud,but good banter, always talk.

all season ticket holders last year,and everyone sings,good area to sit. only 1 bloke leaves 5 mins early at end

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here