Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Describe your AMEX neighbours

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Right: Friends, an middle aged guy and his Dad who must be near 90 and is a fantastic old gent who deserves much respect just for getting there every week
In front: Old guys. Not plastics but don't sing.
Left: Some pillock who thinks he's a comedian. Shouts 'hilarious' things and makes inane comments. Does sing a bit though
Behind: Pond life. 6 lads in early 20s who don't sing but do shout c*** or f*** on average every 2 seconds, moan about being bored if we're not 2 up by half time, turn up 10 minutes late and leave 10 minutes early. Was really hoping they wouldn't be renewing their STs this season since they display such a lack of enthusiasm but no - they were there (10 minutes late) last night.

I was sitting here reading this thinking it sounded awfully familiar. Then I realised why! :lolol:

Just to put it into slightly more perspective - I can absolutely guarentee that if the "pondlife" behind us were at that Tottenham/Bolton match they would have been shouting "get up you dirty ****" at Muamba and loudly moaning (in sentences 90% filled with the word f***) about how bored they were and whether we could get on with it. They do it to our own players when they are injured ffs.

Our block is also about 50% empty at the 40 minute mark - because being in time to buy an overpriced burger/pint is far more important than watching the match you are paying roughly £1 every 3.5 minutes for. Amex prices look even more expensive when you've given up about £3 worth of football to get served. The mind boggles.

Webbzy

South West Corner Seagull
Jun 3, 2012
Portslade
Talking of Bridge, someone in the south west corner every time bridge ran up the wing there was a "Wayne Bridge For England" shout which was quite amusing.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
WSL - Block H Row N. To the left my son who spends most of the game being embarrassed by me but it is such good fun for us both going to the game together. To the left of him last season were four middle aged blokes who were remarkably quiet -only two of them there on Tuesday. To my right and the row in front some excellent folk of varying ages who sat together at Withdean and know their football. Very fortunate to have them as neighbours -they may not feel the same about me as I cannot sit still or quiet when watching a game, I must be a right pain.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Most of the people around us are alright but there is some "joker" a few rows infront who thinks it's hilarious to shout shoot pretty much every time we have the ball in the oppositions half.

Are 'The Rasper' and Ron still there? Two vastly irritating old blokes who can find the negative in any situation.
6-7 year old infront, who always seems to have had too much sugar. Charmingly-infectious enthusiasm, though.

To my right (when I turn up): A young couple, who I think have just had a baby. The chap is known as "Beefy", though I'm not sure why. His wife is lovely, but rather ballsy-cracking argument with woman behind last year.

Am two rows infront of 1901 club and I must say that it can get quite irritating. There was a Leeds fan in there last year, unsettling people by brazenly cheering their first half goals. He didn't look as pleased with himself in the second half and left before they equalised, so I regarded that as a win for the home team.

There's an anti-Barnes nut who sits somewhere to the right. Then, to his left, is someone who mocks him by shouting anti-Barnes-rhetoric at random intervals.

Could be better. Could be worse.

Last edited:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I know exactly who you mean. I used to sit there and moved to WSU to get away from all that lot. Apparently someone told him to shut up yesterday though, was it you?

I think I've probably taken your seat then because I think I'm in the row in front of this lot just to the right behind the goal ?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Do you mean to the left as you look out? Do you look like Anne Robinson?

Ummm the guy that shouts that despicable word is to the left of me and a row behind me I think - he's very vocal - I don't think I do look like Anne Robinson!!! I have shoulder length dark brown hair and glasses isn't she a red head?

Shoreham_Boy

Feb 24, 2012
Block N1B -sat not too far from the gangway.

Left - group of 3 blokes between 40 & 50 who are sound enough.
Behind - family who are sound enough.
Right - mates who are sound enough
Infront - a dad and his 19/20 y/o son. His son is sound enough. The bloke can't handle his booze, shouts bollocks and knows f*** all about football. We call him Billy Mitchell. If you sit around this area, you will know exactly who I mean. And he stands up for anything, and I mean anything.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Ummm the guy that shouts that despicable word is to the left of me and a row behind me I think - he's very vocal - I don't think I do look like Anne Robinson!!! I have shoulder length dark brown hair and glasses isn't she a red head?

There was a middle-aged (I realise the potential for offence here, apologies in advance) lady with short reddish hair and glasses 2 rows in front of him and he was to her left. I remember noticing her because she seemed quite well to do, I was cringing for her every time he piped up.

I was kinda hoping she'd turn round and say you are the weakest link, goodbye.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Swedish female volleyball team in the row in front, Page 3 models to left and right of me, and a triumvirate of defrocked nuns behind :wink:

*If Carlsberg did footy seat neighbours

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Only neighbour, and not that near, that I noticed was an absolutely stunning redhead about 5 rows below me in SW corner. A real stunner.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
N1a

Nooneys mum to my left , 7 Chubby Hikers behind me , ok bunch but constantly saying the word sic , whatever the fook that means , loads of crumpet in the row in front of me , look like they just been horse riding or something .

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Infront of our group of 3: A group of lads in their 20's. Think they may have been relatively new supporters. Supported the team and stayed until the end. Seemed a good bunch. :clap2:

To the right: A group of lads 18-25, made a fair bit of noise and got behind the team, again stayed until the end. Think one of them may have had a "sex wee" when Vicente came on! :clap2:

To the left: The most miserable bloke i've ever met in my life. 60+ and all he did was moan. Mainly about Barnes. He raved and raved about CMS. One particular point in the match made me laugh. CMS gave the ball away and Barnes tracked back 40/50 yards and broke up the play. I think it was Bridge who played a ball down the channel to CMS who lost possesion, only for the bloke to shout and abuse Barnes for not being up in support of the "wonderful" CMS. He was swearing at Barnes "What are you doing back there?" Well actually mate he was getting the ball back after your precious CMS gave it away! :annoyed:
He then left after 81 minutes. :tosser:

Behind: Nobody :rave:

I`m surrounded by noisy buggers that will not sit down:O :O

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
There was a middle-aged (I realise the potential for offence here, apologies in advance) lady with short reddish hair and glasses 2 rows in front of him and he was to her left. I remember noticing her because she seemed quite well to do, I was cringing for her every time he piped up.

I was kinda hoping she'd turn round and say you are the weakest link, goodbye.

Lolololol well to do??? Can't be me then? Can't remember what I was wearing - denim jacket and denim mini skirt with leggings and boots I think - I kept looking round to see who the mouth belonged too!!! Luckily I was with my partner who is a big guy but he doesn't come to footie very often - my normal footie buddy is my 7 year old little girl - who will be with me tomorrow - I don't really think I can have a go at the guy as its my choice to take her in the North - if I don't want her to hear that stuff I should have gone in the family stand but the atmosphere is rubbish in there we sat in there a few times and it's too quiet - she knows the words she hears is footie banter - that said his use of that word was way over the top!!!

Maybe when he sees a little girl in front of him tomorrow he will put his brain in gear before he opens his mouth???

Behind me is a dad and his son - who I'm sure shouts at a level that only dogs normally hear!!!! But he's a cute kid x

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Block N1B -sat not too far from the gangway.

Left - group of 3 blokes between 40 & 50 who are sound enough.
Behind - family who are sound enough.
Right - mates who are sound enough
Infront - a dad and his 19/20 y/o son. His son is sound enough. The bloke can't handle his booze, shouts bollocks and knows f*** all about football. We call him Billy Mitchell. If you sit around this area, you will know exactly who I mean. And he stands up for anything, and I mean anything.

I know who you mean. Complete bellend.

11:56 from Fareham

Feb 24, 2012
N1b. Great bunch of people all around, all sing and shout, great bunch. Person infront that is adament that Barnes is the dogs bollocks and the west stand is full of moaners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here