Describe your AMEX neighbours

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I have the misfortune of being near a person in the North who thinks it's hilarious to call the opposition goalkeeper a c***, repeatedly, all through the second half. It may have been funny in one game once last season. But every game gets a bit pathetic.

Yeah I heard that bloke. I admittedly chuckled at first, but it quite quickly became annoyingly childish.

niknokseagull

Give us a biscuit
Oct 8, 2003
London
I moved from front of ESL to ESU and last night, everyone around me looked just fine and dandy. Which is not what they'll be saying this morning about yours truly.

Given my eldest two are at summer camp currently, I took my wife and three year old. To say the wee lad got a bit excited is a bit of an understatement. Lovely to see him screaming "Brighton, Brighton, Brighton" but after about the 40/50th time, it got a bit wearing. Cue some 'sympathetic' smiles and damning hard stares.

I had to ensure my immediate neighbours that he wouldn't be attending every week :D

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I know exactly who you mean. I used to sit there and moved to WSU to get away from all that lot. Apparently someone told him to shut up yesterday though, was it you?

I thought it was me you were trying to escape... Your seat remained empty last night... I was hoping to make a new friend!

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Nice to see another Redhill Seagull on here [MENTION=24652]redhill seagull 66[/MENTION] Im down the road in Horley now but Deadhill born and bred .......well whitebushes

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
Nice to see another Redhill Seagull on here [MENTION=24652]redhill seagull 66[/MENTION] Im down the road in Horley now but Deadhill born and bred .......well whitebushes

nice to meet you mate.i was born and bred on the heston road estate just over the road,now living in what was tho old redhill general hospital near st johns church

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
To my left a moustachioed man i call The Ritchieman, sort of partner to my mother. At present he has pneumonia and looks like he might keel over during a game. To his left across the aisle an enormously rotund chap who wants to stand up all the time as a complete rebel. He starts various "Stand up if you hate Palace!" songs as if that will usurp and overturn those terrible requesters for us to follow rules. I mean, don't they know who we are?! Straight in front of me is a pair of lads on the verge of 18. Their trousers hang too lowly, but they tend to stay mostly seated, singing on occasion. Good enough lads. One has a wrinkled brow and i wonder how that can happen to people so young. Lots of frowning, i suppose. Maybe the emotionless and non-judgemental age best of all. To my right is an incredibly goofy man with thinning hair and a thick moustache. He mutters through the hair on his lip. He also has a long neck and enormous adam's apple. He comes to the football alone and i sometimes become afraid that he's looking for a friend. Behind me is a set of mid-30 tearaways who are perfectly fine when not in the company of their leader, the large-headed buffoon who oft spoils a game with his supposedly sardonic banter. Luckily last night the bellend didn't turn up and there was just the general agreement to watch the game and cheer when we could. Also behind me is a man so small that he seems to stand on tiptoes to see over us even when we're reclining.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
nice to meet you mate.i was born and bred on the heston road estate just over the road,now living in what was tho old redhill general hospital near st johns church

Nice shame the Flying Scud has gone near you, its was a bit of a bit but a good locals pub, My Uncle Trevor was Heston Road lived next door to a frind of mine Jo who was/is fit as F***! lol

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
Nice shame the Flying Scud has gone near you, its was a bit of a bit but a good locals pub, My Uncle Trevor was Heston Road lived next door to a frind of mine Jo who was/is fit as F***! lol

all my local pubs have gone scud,prince albert,nags head.i dont know your uncle although might know him by sight.i moved to st johns about 16 years ago but go to heston road to see parents nearly every day

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
haha, that might not be too great. Good effort with making noise yesterday. I don't think it will be long until the south stand is loud.

loving every bit of it mate. when i was in WSU a lot of people didn't want to know, but at least in the new home area people join in more.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
all my local pubs have gone scud,prince albert,nags head.i dont know your uncle although might know him by sight.i moved to st johns about 16 years ago but go to heston road to see parents nearly every day

Probably bumped into plenty without knowing, your not wrong all the good ol pubs gone, sometime go to White Lion for a bit of karaoke its an odd shapped pub and bit cramped but landlord and local are always a good laugh

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
To my left a moustachioed man i call The Ritchieman, sort of partner to my mother. At present he has pneumonia and looks like he might keel over during a game. To his left across the aisle an enormously rotund chap who wants to stand up all the time as a complete rebel. He starts various "Stand up if you hate Palace!" songs as if that will usurp and overturn those terrible requesters for us to follow rules. I mean, don't they know who we are?! Straight in front of me is a pair of lads on the verge of 18. Their trousers hang too lowly, but they tend to stay mostly seated, singing on occasion. Good enough lads. One has a wrinkled brow and i wonder how that can happen to people so young. Lots of frowning, i suppose. Maybe the emotionless and non-judgemental age best of all. To my right is an incredibly goofy man with thinning hair and a thick moustache. He mutters through the hair on his lip. He also has a long neck and enormous adam's apple. He comes to the football alone and i sometimes become afraid that he's looking for a friend. Behind me is a set of mid-30 tearaways who are perfectly fine when not in the company of their leader, the large-headed buffoon who oft spoils a game with his supposedly sardonic banter. Luckily last night the bellend didn't turn up and there was just the general agreement to watch the game and cheer when we could. Also behind me is a man so small that he seems to stand on tiptoes to see over us even when we're reclining.

Have you ever considered writing a book ? I genuinely love reading your latest missives ...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Have you ever considered writing a book ? I genuinely love reading your latest missives ...

:)
Thanks.
I've considered it forever, and winced at the thought of it. It mightn't seem it, but i'm one of those doomladen tragedarians who predicts only the worst, so rather at length think of the photo on the inner back of the novel being horrendously embarrassing and smug and the title of the book meaning dogcock bumsex in Welsh and reviews of it being shitsandwichesque. I'm not sure i could take it. I'd like to, though. You know, be brave for a year or two and see what comes of it. Maybe i need a shed first. That's what writers have.

Caveman2012

Jun 18, 2012
I'm a new season ticket holder in WSL to the left of me I've got a middle age group of lads they know there stuff and been season ticket holders for 18years+ and to the right of me got a nice bloke and his kid also the blokes been season ticket holder for a long time. I think between us we make more noise than the whole of WSL put together lol So all in all i'm happy with my neighbours.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I have the misfortune of being near a person in the North who thinks it's hilarious to call the opposition goalkeeper a c***, repeatedly, all through the second half. It may have been funny in one game once last season. But every game gets a bit pathetic.

N1C?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
W3D

To the left - my dad. He sings and swears at the ref a lot, and on the other side of him someone I went to school with and his dad.
Behind - a couple of decent Uni lads, one of which is [MENTION=19703]AgerBomb22[/MENTION]
In front - a girl a few years younger than me, her dad and her older brother? Her older brother stands up and sings a lot.
The right - a girl and her dad who live in Devon/Cornwall and come up for a few games a season, but if they're not there they sell their tickets to the people next to my dad, and they bring other friends on a match-by-match basis, normally Chelsea fans..

Last edited:

Dewe-Road-Gull

Jul 11, 2012
The six of us lads that have moved to ESU are surrounded by kids (ages 3 to 6) OAP's and the occasional women - should be interesting when we've all had a skinful - on the upside the view is brilliant compared to our previous WSL seats right in the corner

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports