Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Describe your AMEX neighbours

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
lovely. to the left, a geez and his son, the dad turned to me after chanting all billy no mates an said 'going solo'? and chuckled, as did I. Then the lady above him and another bloke laughed and said something like you can start us off then.

In front, another lad, and another dad, loud, proud and brilliant, they even do the 'you're shit' bit at the opposing goalie, which is quality.

The two blokes to the right, I am on name terms with, Graham and Steve. Both lovely gents, both a right laugh who sing and shout, and talk a lot about albion past and present, and Graham talks about hereford a lot too (he's from up that way). He also was eyeing up this yummy mummy along our row as well and was contemplating getting her number. :lolol: I told him to ask her on saturday.

Finally, behind, you guessed it, even more lovely people. Join in with the singing and chanting. The south stand, being small-ish and closer to the players, is perfect, because when the opposing team are defending that goal, you can give them all kinds of shtick and everybody laughs. When Kuszczak comes to defend that goal, we all shout and wave at him. That double save was brilliant.

I love my new home from home, from home.

I think you might be behind me. By any chance are you row p, slightly to the left of the goal?

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
2 blokes to the right of me in the north stand are absolute plastics! Never heard them sing, don't clap the team out, and never get excited!

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I have the misfortune of being near a person in the North who thinks it's hilarious to call the opposition goalkeeper a c***, repeatedly, all through the second half. It may have been funny in one game once last season. But every game gets a bit pathetic.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
To the left: mates
To the right: mates
Behind: mates
Infront: By sheer coincidence a group of people who I know from Haywards Heath and used to go to football with about a hundred million years ago

All join in singing when it starts, and all stay to final whistle :clap2:

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
Right: Friends, an middle aged guy and his Dad who must be near 90 and is a fantastic old gent who deserves much respect just for getting there every week
In front: Old guys. Not plastics but don't sing.
Left: Some pillock who thinks he's a comedian. Shouts 'hilarious' things and makes inane comments. Does sing a bit though
Behind: Pond life. 6 lads in early 20s who don't sing but do shout c*** or f*** on average every 2 seconds, moan about being bored if we're not 2 up by half time, turn up 10 minutes late and leave 10 minutes early. Was really hoping they wouldn't be renewing their STs this season since they display such a lack of enthusiasm but no - they were there (10 minutes late) last night.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My immediate neighbours in front are wonderful (have to say that as two post on here :wave:) and those behind are a good laugh, to our right the Barnes hater pair didn't turn up last night so don't know if they are coming back or not. I have the N1A gangway to my left.

There was one guy last night three or four rows down on the first seat on the other side of the gangway, can't remember if he was there last year, early 20's I guess, who wore his beats the whole game. Not sure if its all a bit loud for him.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
My immediate neighbours in front are wonderful (have to say that as two post on here :wave:) and those behind are a good laugh, to our right the Barnes hater pair didn't turn up last night so don't know if they are coming back or not. I have the N1A gangway to my left.

There was one guy last night three or four rows down on the first seat on the other side of the gangway, can't remember if he was there last year, early 20's I guess, who wore his beats the whole game. Not sure if its all a bit loud for him.

I know several people in that sort of age bracket who wear them in similar places due to autism/aspergers syndrome so could be something like that.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
To my right: One of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen at football... Sadly she attends with her dad and I, my fugly self has no chance!

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Now realise that the NSK is only really made up of three people who will not get the hint that after trying to start a song for 4 minutes it is not going to happen! Also near was a group who decided to sing "No Surrender". A bit miffed really as to why some people even turn up? Other than that same as everyone else, some smellies, some pissed as farts. A joy to be there some times. Should have tried the ESU........

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Were you wearing a hat with badges on it? Or next to someone with a hat with badges on.

aye, that's me :D I was planning to cover that hat with pinbadges from every away game but somehow I got rid of that idea when I thought about wearing pompey, millwall and palace badges on it :nono:

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
im in west upper now.good neighbours to right of me.to left is someone and his mate i assume who doesnt sing,clap,moan or do anything really,must check if he is alive on saturday.in front a couple who chat all match and behind a few singers,
sorry folks if you thought who is this rowdy fucker who has infiltrated west upper last night.wait til palace!!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
im in west upper now.good neighbours to right of me.to left is someone and his mate i assume who doesnt sing,clap,moan or do anything really,must check if he is alive on saturday.in front a couple who chat all match and behind a few singers,
sorry folks if you thought who is this rowdy fucker who has infiltrated west upper last night.wait til palace!!!

Just keep it down in future, some of us are up there to get some shut eye.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
aye, that's me :D I was planning to cover that hat with pinbadges from every away game but somehow I got rid of that idea when I thought about wearing pompey, millwall and palace badges on it :nono:

haha, that might not be too great. Good effort with making noise yesterday. I don't think it will be long until the south stand is loud.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I have the misfortune of being near a person in the North who thinks it's hilarious to call the opposition goalkeeper a c***, repeatedly, all through the second half. It may have been funny in one game once last season. But every game gets a bit pathetic.

I know exactly who you mean. I used to sit there and moved to WSU to get away from all that lot. Apparently someone told him to shut up yesterday though, was it you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here