Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby vs Brighton ****Official Match Thread****

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Wasn't there today but seems to be very positive vibes on social media from both sets of fans at the game. Derby seem very happy with sharing the points which speaks volumes about the quality of the team we have at the moment. Just need that top striker to turn the draws into wins.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It still looks like we need the option to play the ball on the ground to a skilfull pacy striker that can score goals. One that has the pace and quickness of thought to escape his marker.

That or teach one of existing wingers how to do it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What a mess that club must be in, losing to Bury.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Far from the best of starts I'm forced to agree, but hey, it was only the first game of a long old season. New manager at the helm, new ideas, new players etc. I fancy they will settle down and come good given a bit of time.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
We played well, Derby were more like the away side in their setup.

Could easily have taken the three points had we finished better and it weren't for what looked like an unbelievable save from Carson at the start of the second half.

I won't say that we didn't miss Stephens, but in that game I'm not sure if he would have made a positive difference.

We have nothing to fear in this division and that's even before we sign a couple more players.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Great performance from team and away following, felt as if last season rolled into today and we've not been away for 3 months
Felt the togetherness once again between fans & players especially at the final whistle
#together all over again
Play like that every week and we'll get the 101 points I predicted

This all over.
I wasn't ready for the start of this season - it felt too quick and was waiting to see what hangover we had but I made a late decision to go & today gave me a good slap: these players are well up for it and I'm back on board.

All of the above.Cracking day out, fantastic vocal support, just a shame we didn't get the much deserved 3 points.

Still haven't decided how much was down to our good play/pressing/commitment or Derby's poor performance though. :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nice to see the following comment on an opponents forum ....

I can only give you my personal views of today but here it goes.

men of the match has to go to the Brighton fans they were awesome.

"Best support you've ever seen" :albion:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Still haven't decided how much was down to our good play/pressing/commitment or Derby's poor performance though. :shrug:

Derby I spoke to reckoned they did not turn up but still warranted a point - they were mightily pissed off that Hughes didn't start & thought Pearson's starting eleven was over cautious. Think their support agreed as they clearly weren't happy about little Brighton taking the game to them. Same old, same old.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Derby I spoke to reckoned they did not turn up but still warranted a point - they were mightily pissed off that Hughes didn't start & thought Pearson's starting eleven was over cautious. Think their support agreed as they clearly weren't happy about little Brighton taking the game to them. Same old, same old.

No way did they deserve a point, they were there for the taking from 20 mins onwards. Pearson was having a fit on the sidelines as we out fought/tackled them and his half time talk made little difference. If they don't improve in the next few games expect he will get the chop soon.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
No way did they deserve a point, they were there for the taking from 20 mins onwards. Pearson was having a fit on the sidelines as we out fought/tackled them and his half time talk made little difference. If they don't improve in the next few games expect he will get the chop soon.

Couldn't agree more and when I politely pointed this out to them they sought to send me in the opposite direction to the rail station...little tinkers. The conversation rather deteriorated from that point. It's reassuring to know that the overwhelming sense of entitlement pervades in Derby despite seeing Keogh in tears very year. Twats.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
It’s a measure of how far we’ve come under CH that, although we’re happy with taking a point at Derby (which is a great result we'd probably have taken at 3 pm), most of us probably felt we deserved all three points come 5 pm. After a nervous first 10 mins (and a couple of key saves from Stockers) we took the game to Derby and looked the more likely to score. It’s a real shame we couldn’t convert one of our many chances, which was frustrating. If we can sort that out, and play with the cohesion, passion and commitment we showed today, it bodes well for another cracking season. Our fans were great, as always - another terrific away day.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Wasn't there today but seems to be very positive vibes on social media from both sets of fans at the game. Derby seem very happy with sharing the points which speaks volumes about the quality of the team we have at the moment. Just need that top striker to turn the draws into wins.

Glenn Murray (if he stays fit) proven goalscorer at this level - but we do need another option upfront

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It took Pearson a while to get Leicester playing his way and I think that though they may win a some games Derby will not become threat until after Christmas. .Having said that I expected them to win today

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Couldn't agree more and when I politely pointed this out to them they sought to send me in the opposite direction to the rail station...little tinkers. The conversation rather deteriorated from that point. It's reassuring to know that the overwhelming sense of entitlement pervades in Derby despite seeing Keogh in tears very year. Twats.

If we had put in such a poor performance, at home, at the start of the new season, against a promotion rival I would be mightily depressed. Another year of pain* beckons for Derby County FC.

:D

*Feel free to repost this if they finish above us

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It’s a measure of how far we’ve come under CH that, although we’re happy with taking a point at Derby (which is a great result we'd probably have taken at 3 pm), most of us probably felt we deserved all three points come 5 pm. After a nervous first 10 mins (and a couple of key saves from Stockers) we took the game to Derby and looked the more likely to score. It’s a real shame we couldn’t convert one of our many chances, which was frustrating. If we can sort that out, and play with the cohesion, passion and commitment we showed today, it bodes well for another cracking season. Our fans were great, as always - another terrific away day.

Good summary - thought we had best of shots and possession while watching and match stats proved so - hadnt realised 7-1 in corners. With those and another 3 nor so free kicks we had pinging into box, would have thought Skalak & Knocky would land one on Dunk's head - perhaps missed Goldson for offence as well as defence. But good sign that picked up pattern of play where left off last season; Hemed and Murray not quite on it enough for me, lost possession too easily but otherwise a very satisfactory performance.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Brilliant performance. I thought dunk was brilliant and Liam rosenior is a credit to the club. He came over to us as soon as the game finished and looked proud of the fans. I don't get to many games but that was the best atmosphere I have experienced. I took one of my six year old girls today and she enjoyed it (although we moved at ht because she was struggling to see at the back)

Good day and the Derby fans I spoke to going back to the car were very complimentary about our team and fans. Something is not right at derby And the place was like a morgue in the home end at times.

Good day. Should be another belting season.

If only we had got Prichard to support Glenn....

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Kayal, stockdale, dunk best players. We could have been 2-0 down after five mins easily.

After We controlled game but on chances very even. Derby looked poor in midfield, Johnson useless. Christie five fouls on skalak and no yellow too?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And Skalak was good on the ball - much less falling over (and when he did won FK generally so we can assume justified). He was lightweight when started (wind blew him over at Cardiff) but has adjusted to Championship and looks automatic choice if fit.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Stockers mom for me 4 crucial saves. Dunk came close to mon but almost gifted a 93rd minute goal by ducking out of a header - if he got a call from stockdale then I'll let him off. Knockers had a typical away performance look forward to him running the game on friday. I was worried about today but now feel quietly confident for the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here