Depression

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We all get the blues and have down days but real depression can be debilitating. I have never suffered from real depression where you can't see a way forward but do know that whatever anyone says doesn't make it any better. The fact that there are some people worse off than you makes no difference whatsoever, as you have your own cross to bear. Getting out and about is a good one for me if I am feeling low as it always lifts my mood, talking about it to friends you trust is also a way of getting your feelings out into the open. One step at a time is best, and good luck to Sheebo and anyone else on here suffering from depression currently.

Seeking help and being around people helps,but you could be amongst 22,500 friends at Falmer and still be the most lonely person in the world,like i said with my 1st reply,such a complex subject,and i guess right now the only thing i can really say to help anybody, is this-remember who you are

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Frutos-can i ask on the open forum-just a few details of said cause or type of depression?

If you're asking why I don't drink, then you can ask as you will but you'll get no answer. Some of my closest friends don't know why.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Seeking help and being around people helps,but you could be amongst 22,500 friends at Falmer and still be the most lonely person in the world,like i said with my 1st reply,such a complex subject,and i guess right now the only thing i can really say to help anybody, is this-remember who you are

I am unsure remembering who you are is helpful as sometimes you don't like who you are I would say. You have to recognise that you are not at fault and that everyone suffers from the ups and downs of life and just when things are going smoothly something comes along to kick you in the arse and knock you down again.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
It's a bit weird to speculate why Frutos doesn't drink, when nobody would think to ask a person why they don't smoke (for example). It's his business, the only thing about it that's relevant to this discussion is the fact he doesn't do it, and alcohol's therefore unrelated to his depression; why he doesn't is irrelevant.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If you're asking why I don't drink, then you can ask as you will but you'll get no answer. Some of my closest friends don't know why.

no,drink don't drink so what-no what i am asking is are you afraid of your appearance? your surroundings? lack of money? unhappy marriage? i am not here to judge,just asking to establish type and then to try to help-to which if you do not want to discuss i more than fully understand and respect.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

It has nothing to do with anyone else what you do and don't do in life, we are all at liberty to make our own choices in life.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It has nothing to do with anyone else what you do and don't do in life, we are all at liberty to make our own choices in life.

yes but to come onto a message board and ask or broach the subject means at some level conscience or un conscience a degree of help has been asked.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
no,drink don't drink so what-no what i am asking is are you afraid of your appearance? your surroundings? lack of money? unhappy marriage? i am not here to judge,just asking to establish type and then to try to help-to which if you do not want to discuss i more than fully understand and respect.

You need to realise that there are any number of reasons why a person suffers from depression, quite a lot of the time they don't really know themselves. Many famous and wealthy people suffer from depression and people wonder why. A lot of it is subconscious which is why the best thing to do is to seek professional help.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
yes but to come onto a message board and ask or broach the subject means at some level conscience or un conscience a degree of help has been asked.

I thought the thread was about depression rather than whether someone drinks or not. Some people drink to get a buzz, others to drown their sorrows, there is a fine line between the two.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am unsure remembering who you are is helpful as sometimes you don't like who you are I would say. You have to recognise that you are not at fault and that everyone suffers from the ups and downs of life and just when things are going smoothly something comes along to kick you in the arse and knock you down again.

i agree-but having suffered with anxiety and depression and am still dealing with it on a daily basis an open mind and a upward view are helpfull-

2 men behind prisons bars,1 sees mud,the other sees stars.-will if the door to that prison is ever opened,if even by mistake for a few minutes,will the 1 that sees mud be ever to escape.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I thought the thread was about depression rather than whether someone drinks or not. Some people drink to get a buzz, others to drown their sorrows, there is a fine line between the two.

re read-please i could not do no care in any way shape or form if an individual drinks to cause or help remedy or even at all for pleasure-drink has nothing-NO THING to do with what i am asking.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
i agree-but having suffered with anxiety and depression and am still dealing with it on a daily basis an open mind and a upward view are helpfull-

2 men behind prisons bars,1 sees mud,the other sees stars.-will if the door to that prison is ever opened,if even by mistake for a few minutes,will the 1 that sees mud be ever to escape.

I agree but you are obviously at a stage where you can move forward, some people aren't in that situation yet.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I AM NO EXPERT-THIS IS FROM THE HEART....

Such a complex subject-
A fear based anxiety can to some degree be overcome by facing such fears.
A situation based anxiety can be awkward to break if you have to deal with it day to day.

Remember we are all very much alone in this world and at the end of the day the only person that really matters is oneself-this does not mean we have to be selfish to others.

There is always a way out of any situation,the last resort is death,but you work back from that moment and other doors will present themselves as options.

Diet
Exercise
Healthy living are just some of the obvious ways to help

Maybe try a faith healer or another alternative.

Refuse, but with dignity and honour, to carry the burden of what others may or may not think of you,as such a burden will drain your very soul and there will be only one outcome.

Read books on various subject's of amazing human feats of survival through times of adversity and use these as inspiration.

Try not to think too much yet still give consideration to your self & others,but just do or do not,nothing really matters.

From my original post

You need to realise that there are any number of reasons why a person suffers from depression, quite a lot of the time they don't really know themselves. Many famous and wealthy people suffer from depression and people wonder why. A lot of it is subconscious which is why the best thing to do is to seek professional help.

Bha-i am in agreement

hence what's in red-and as Bha says

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
From my original post

Bha-i am in agreement

hence what's in red-and as Bha says

Ok fair enough and I am guilty of skim reading. Its a horrible illness and it takes a lot of courage to deal with it and to get better. The advice you have given is good and I am just participating in the discussion not seeking to argue with anyone.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I AM NO EXPERT-THIS IS FROM THE HEART....

Such a complex subject-
A fear based anxiety can to some degree be overcome by facing such fears.
A situation based anxiety can be awkward to break if you have to deal with it day to day.

Remember we are all very much alone in this world and at the end of the day the only person that really matters is oneself-this does not mean we have to be selfish to others.

There is always a way out of any situation,the last resort is death,but you work back from that moment and other doors will present themselves as options.

Diet
Exercise
Healthy living are just some of the obvious ways to help

Maybe try a faith healer or another alternative.

Refuse, but with dignity and honour, to carry the burden of what others may or may not think of you,as such a burden will drain your very soul and there will be only one outcome.

Read books on various subject's of amazing human feats of survival through times of adversity and use these as inspiration.

Try not to think too much yet still give consideration to your self & others,but just do or do not,nothing really matters.

I agree but you are obviously at a stage where you can move forward, some people aren't in that situation yet.

yes but i have been at their stage-like i say i am no expert.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
It takes years to be an expert and each person is different. Coping with the pressures of life is bad enough without having to cope with anxiety or depression. I wish you well, GoldWithFalmer.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Ok fair enough and I am guilty of skim reading. Its a horrible illness and it takes a lot of courage to deal with it and to get better. The advice you have given is good and I am just participating in the discussion not seeking to argue with anyone.

no argument-i don't do that,just good old fashioned healthy banter and debate,we can agree that i am right or i am wrong or we are both wrong,just such a misunderstood and to many a degree respected illness.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
no argument-i don't do that,just good old fashioned healthy banter and debate,we can agree that i am right or i am wrong or we are both wrong,just such a misunderstood and to many a degree respected illness.

Me neither but do like to have a discussion. Only flaw in your post is that you say we could agree whether you are right or wrong or we are both wrong, but no mention of that I could be right tee hee! I agreed with the misunderstood part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports