Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Depression

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Good luck mate. Keep battling on. The reason I raised this was I have been on Citalopram at 20mg for 10 weeks and went cold turkey 10 days ago. I have been experiencing brain fog and brain zaps which looking at people's experiences of withdrawals seems to be common.

Seek advice on withdrawal but its my understanding that it should be gradual. Brain zaps is certainly common. Best of luck.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
yep, i had those when i came off citalopram

the reason i came off was because it was the most likely cause of a massive seizure that i had in front of several family members, including fairly young siblings...it also made me hallucinate and (i know this might sound a bit silly) have the worst dreams i;ve ever had, don't think i had a single good nights sleep on that shit

f***ing horrible stuff that drug

The dreams I had EVERY night was the weirdest shit I have ever experienced. Went cold turkey and felt shit for 2-3 weeks with the brain zaps and brain fog. Glad I came off it when I did. Some days I wake up and think " I can't do this anymore " but go for it, for another day to see what happens. The last 4 years have been a personal war. I don't know where to start. I feel bad as I could be in a wheelchair or something but unless you have experienced deep and prolonged depression you are not in a position to comment imo. Outside circumstances out of my control have brought it on. Anyway I wish everyone who is suffering all the best. Just carry on , there's no other way really.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well I'm also in the same boat , been down for years but last couple of months have been exceptionally hard to deal with , been on tablets to get me through and seeing someone start of April to talk to - it's absolutely horrible.

Keep fighting on mate. We're all rooting for you.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Why did newhaven gull get banned?

I need to talk to him or her about something they've mentioned.

1066gull

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well and remember, you got to be in it to win it and if you want something you will get it.

Been a while since I was on here last but I had an eventful year. Last year I lost my driving licence, my own fault, went driving late at night, doing nothing but looking dodgy as hell like a kerb crawler. Get checked out from the copper on the only dual carriageway of the 259 and wham, I am summoned for driving with no insurance. I could of got away with it if I dealt with it properly at the time and used a barrister but to cut everything short my licence was revoked.

Now to many that would be pretty shit and it felt it at the time especially as I leave in the middle of the Weald with no transport but after losing my job because of losing my licence I carried on going back in to college as I had already planned before I lost my licence, got on my bicycle and climbed 8 miles twice a day. And I still had an evening job I stopped on the way before I got home.

Don't get me wrong, it is a lot of hard work. But everyone is working hard. These a hard times for everyone involved. I am still very poor from my previous lifestyle and when I do get myself back on the road I hope I will be financially more in control as I have done very well with the minute income I currently receive.

But I am in college, acting, dancing, going to the pub every friday and having a cigarette when ever I feel like it. Things could be so much worse.

D

Deleted User X18H

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well and remember, you got to be in it to win it and if you want something you will get it.

Been a while since I was on here last but I had an eventful year. Last year I lost my driving licence, my own fault, went driving late at night, doing nothing but looking dodgy as hell like a kerb crawler. Get checked out from the copper on the only dual carriageway of the 259 and wham, I am summoned for driving with no insurance. I could of got away with it if I dealt with it properly at the time and used a barrister but to cut everything short my licence was revoked.

Now to many that would be pretty shit and it felt it at the time especially as I leave in the middle of the Weald with no transport but after losing my job because of losing my licence I carried on going back in to college as I had already planned before I lost my licence, got on my bicycle and climbed 8 miles twice a day. And I still had an evening job I stopped on the way before I got home.

Don't get me wrong, it is a lot of hard work. But everyone is working hard. These a hard times for everyone involved. I am still very poor from my previous lifestyle and when I do get myself back on the road I hope I will be financially more in control as I have done very well with the minute income I currently receive.

But I am in college, acting, dancing, going to the pub every friday and having a cigarette when ever I feel like it. Things could be so much worse.

I love you.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Well done Adrie. Keep being who you are. Your a decent bloke.

1066gull

Every life is different and we all bloom and different times. If you are feeling down do as many activities as possible that interests you. Be bold. I am certain you will be surprised. And if it costs you money to go back to college, just pay it. For some lucky people on support their education will be free.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just remember your lines and don't bump into the furniture

Just remember your lines and don't bump into the furniture
There is a medical condition called Clinical Depression.

There is also a state which I call Critical Stress, which the 21st century physicians called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Clinical Depression is probably (my view) a prolonged state of Critical Stress. It happens so often that a good General Practioner of Medicine is probably aware. Whether he/she can help you is a different matter.

As far as the Psi Cops (Conventional Psychiatry) is concerned that the idiots don't have a clue and will shrink your brain with drugs.

In Perseus terms, Critical Stress probably develops traits (morph-shift to other personality types) that you never knew existed, sometimes called the Shadow processes. In theory it is forced Personal Growth. In practice it is traumatic exhausting, detrmental to your health, causes distress, and tends to make people unhappy as they are acting out of character.

Just remember your lines and don't bump into the furniture.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Any tips on dealing with it?

Talk to people, don't keep it to yourself, build yourself a good support network of friends and family who will be there when you need them, tell your doctor who can refer you to a Councillor (sp?) and go see them, they're great! Do things that are fun and that yoou enjoy, go to comedy shows, laugh ... with other people, don't be introspective ...

As someone once said to me; It's much better to be standing at the top of a well looking down, than being in the inside trying to get out ...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For all the people on here who have stated they are on anti-depressants, I'm sure there are more people who won't disclose such information. This issue, more than any other I think, makes me wonder what went wrong with Western society. Personally, I put it down to a lack of family support. Whereas in times gone by and in other cultures, there is a network of extended family to help people deal with problems, nowadays people rush about, move away from home, and are pressured into unrealistic expectations (even if these expectations seem trivial to the outsider).

I really hope all those people on anti-depressants on here manage to beat their demons. It's a really awful place to be. :(

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For all the people on here who have stated they are on anti-depressants, I'm sure there are more people who won't disclose such information. This issue, more than any other I think, makes me wonder what went wrong with Western society. Personally, I put it down to a lack of family support. Whereas in times gone by and in other cultures, there is a network of extended family to help people deal with problems, nowadays people rush about, move away from home, and are pressured into unrealistic expectations (even if these expectations seem trivial to the outsider).

I really hope all those people on anti-depressants on here manage to beat their demons. It's a really awful place to be. :(

As I work for myself I have disclosed this information and tried to offer support to others. If I was employed I definately would not disclose this. Not that it is anything to be ashamed of but if they have a list of people they will not go for someone who is deemed to be suffering from depression imo.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
as stated in another thread, my wife ended our relantionship 3 weeks ago, at the moment i feel i cant get much lower than what i am already, i dont want to go on AD, talking to the few friends i have has kinda been helping abit

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hell is other People (Sartre)

Talk to people, don't keep it to yourself, build yourself a good support network of friends and family who will be there when you need them, tell your doctor who can refer you to a Councillor (sp?) and go see them, they're great! Do things that are fun and that yoou enjoy, go to comedy shows, laugh ... with other people, don't be introspective ...

As someone once said to me; It's much better to be standing at the top of a well looking down, than being in the inside trying to get out ...

This is the conventional advice. This is what all the social workers/councillor type say. As a general statement is it is simply wrong. As advice it might be wrong and it might be right, depending on your personality and the personality of the person you are talking to.

If you confess to your enemy/nemesis/opponent they will simply use the information against you and make things worse. You have to discriminate and talk to people if you think/feel it is going to me alright. Volunteer councillors could be worse than uselss: they a have their own agenda and it is nothing to do with you. Only trained councellors are any good and then only about 10% of them.

Depression is a sign that things ain't quite right. You might want to go back back home to Argentina. Run away and live to play another day.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
As I work for myself I have disclosed this information and tried to offer support to others. If I was employed I definately would not disclose this. Not that it is anything to be ashamed of but if they have a list of people they will not go for someone who is deemed to be suffering from depression imo.

some people act like i've got the bubonic plague when i tell them that i USED TO HAVE depression

ridiculous stuff

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Long distant running is often seen as helpful with a depressive mind. Maybe some should consider it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here