Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi: “Bigger clubs can buy our players but they can't buy our soul or spirit.”

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Can someone make a flag/banner/tifo with this quote and have it in the AMEX? That would be amazing!
This person made a sticker, which would make a great banner.

happy to donate to a fund if someone wants to it and the person who created it does not mind

IMG_0914.png

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Here's the second part.

This is great stuff well worth a read

Thanks for sharing that. The first thing I did was 'Google' Vasco Rossi. He must rate him highly to have a tattoo of him on his arm.

He's clearly a man of honour, I expect him to be at Brighton this season and also next season and then to return to the sunshine of Italy based on his comments.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
We need to learn and sing a Vasco Rossi song!
Can we adapt this somehow?

Vivere
È passato tanto tempo
Vivere
È un ricordo senza tempo
Vivere
È un po' come perder tempo
Vivere e sorridere

or in English

Live
It's been a long time
Live
It is a timeless memory
Live
It's a bit like wasting time
Live and smile

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Other things that I gleaned from reading the gazetto article free bit.

- He has a personal chef from Italy that only cooks Italian food flown in from Italy.

- he likes Coldplay and saw them in concert in Italy over the summer (oh dear)

Would be great to somehow get the whole original translated article(s) from gazetto.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Thanks for sharing that. The first thing I did was 'Google' Vasco Rossi. He must rate him highly to have a tattoo of him on his arm.

He's clearly a man of honour, I expect him to be at Brighton this season and also next season and then to return to the sunshine of Italy based on his comments.
Yeah, that bit made me doubt my theory about him ending up in rainy Manchester... :lol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
For anyone wondering about him saying "I had the great ass of two lives", there's a phrase in Italian "avere culo" (literally "have arse"), which means to get lucky.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
On returning to Italy: “As of today there are no conditions, but I will come back for sure, I am Italian and I love Italy. I have another 2 years of contract here and I am doing well, but I am a meteoropath. I need the sun, the light.”

🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
On returning to Italy: “As of today there are no conditions, but I will come back for sure, I am Italian and I love Italy. I have another 2 years of contract here and I am doing well, but I am a meteoropath. I need the sun, the light.”

🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁
Inevitable really. Enjoy him while we've got him, I reckon.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Nice interview with De Zerbi...

Great insight into his brain, clearly values attributes outside footballing ability more than other managers.

Love this quote but also wonder what he means by the footballing part….
“ Brighton is the team that least resembles me footballingly but most resembles me as a soul."”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here