Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi: “Bigger clubs can buy our players but they can't buy our soul or spirit.”

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
I really think you guys should just make De Zerbi the highest (or top 3 ) highest paid manager in the league, with all your profits from sales, you can pay him an extortionate amount to keep him around.

Worked for Simeone with Atletico.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
"If your daughter came home and said she was going to marry Roberto De Zerbi you'd worry that she wasn't good enough for him"

We used to say that about Calderon, it's that times 100 with RDZ.
Could you imagine dating his daughter (if he has one?!)? How intimidating would that be?! You'd just feel permanently inferior and a failure, it would crush you!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hear what your saying but I’m nervous about the “our soul” bit
As in "America has their soul singers. In England we have our soul singers"?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He really does just get it, doesn't he? You could tell from reading some of the quotes (translated from Italian) from his career prior to joining that he has a wonderful way with words. Now his English is getting better and better, I'll expect there'll be many more brilliant soundbites of this ilk to come.
Swansman, late of this parish, said he has 'a golden mouth'.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
As in "America has their soul singers. In England we have our soul singers"?
True story.

There’s a local coach company near us called SOULS of Olney founded by a guy called Fred Souls. Later in life his son Robert took over the firm but made the mistake of putting his initial in front so it became R SOULS of Olney.
Just looked it up for a bit of proof and their about page he’s just called ‘Bob’

IMG_9483.jpeg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
True story.

There’s a local coach company near us called SOULS of Olney founded by a guy called Fred Souls. Later in life his son Robert took over the firm but made the mistake of putting his initial in front so it became R SOULS of Olney.
Just looked it up for a bit of proof and their about page he’s just called ‘Bob’

View attachment 164844
Soul Brothers, funky name for a plumbing / coach company :smile:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If anything needs putting on the screens tomorrow it's this statement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here