[Albion] De Zerbi: “Bigger clubs can buy our players but they can't buy our soul or spirit.”

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yeah - it gets to a point when agents and their players have dicked you around for so long, you just wanna tell them ‘just f..k off already if you are going‘.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I love this guy. - more than any other Brighton Manager.
The full quote from the BBC

"I have already forgotten about Moises," De Zerbi told a news conference. "I'm really proud of the players we have in the squad.

"We want to keep improving. The credit goes to the club. Bigger clubs can buy our players but they can't buy our soul or spirit.

"We are Brighton, we achieved a big target last year - the same as Liverpool, better than Chelsea. I would like players who are proud to play in Brighton."

mrgull

Jan 1, 2014
Now we read that Moises only wants to go to Chelsea. Last transfer window it was Arsenal. What concerns me more than anything is the agent sticking his oar in, with an ulterior motive???? and an interest of his own and not necessarily that of the player!!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s not even left yet and he’s saying that 😂😂

Tells you all about what’s happened the last couple of months

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He really does just get it, doesn't he? You could tell from reading some of the quotes (translated from Italian) from his career prior to joining that he has a wonderful way with words. Now his English is getting better and better, I'll expect there'll be many more brilliant soundbites of this ilk to come.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That’s got to be our motto next season. Would make for a cracking t-shirt.
If it is, I want 10% every time it's used.

Until someone else comes along and offers 12.5% 🤣🤣

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Note that he says "maybe we lose Caicedo"

All the headlines are "I've forgetten Moises already", but that's not everything that he said.

It means that if a deal is done, so be it. If not, then we move on. I'm sure a deal will be done, but RDZ is wise to all possibilities.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Note that he says "maybe we lose Caicedo"

All the headlines are "I've forgetten Moises already", but that's not everything that he said.

It means that if a deal is done, so be it. If not, then we move on. I'm sure a deal will be done, but RDZ is wise to all possibilities.
Does he? Where was that?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I love him but before we get too carried away ....Guardian Football Weekly podcast - today - spent a bit of time fretting on Albion's behalf as part of their season preview that RDZ would come under pressure / get frustrated at player exits / and have his head turned by a "big job in Europe" at some point this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports