Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Bellotti dead!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I never ever understood what was in it for him. It must've been for the money and the money alone... And it must've been immense money as when he first came to us, he was lauded as apparently this huge football fan, having attended world cups etc.
His actions totally suggested though that he was anti-football.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I never ever understood what was in it for him.

I don't think he ever really expected us to have brains - i.e. to react to what they were cooking up, to protest at what he and his equally-guilty mates were up to. He probably expected 2-3 minor protests before apathy would win the fight and the whole thing would get closed down due to lack of interest. He was wrong.

Lesson 1: chief executives should never treat - or even regard - football fans like sheep-like idiots. Underestimate at your peril.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
When I first read the link in the OP, there was a comment from someone that included criticism of Bellotti due to his antics at the Albion. That comment has since been deleted, even though it did not, imo, breach the posting guidelines of that website, which guidelines I have just read in their entirety.

There's one there again. See how long it lasts.

Alex B 11th Jun '15 - 7:36am

It is sad to hear about David Bellotti’s passing and the importance of the morale boost of his Eastbourne by-election victory has already been highlighted.

However he will be remembered by many for his role as CEO at Brighton and Hove Albion FC when the Goldstone Ground was contraversially sold. I wonder if David came to regret his involvement n that.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I never ever understood what was in it for him. It must've been for the money and the money alone... And it must've been immense money as when he first came to us, he was lauded as apparently this huge football fan, having attended world cups etc.
His actions totally suggested though that he was anti-football.

But it was only £40k. I know that is and was a lot of money then (it's about £70k in today's money). But I wouldn't go through that kind of nonsense for that salary. Would anyone here? He must have had a real defensive pig-headedness about him. It must have been about more than the cash.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Sorry but good riddance

This man carried on making millions why we carried on to suffer many years after he had conned us.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't feel good about this, or bad. Just sort of an empty feeling.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I won't mourn him, but thoughts with his wife and children. I sincerely hope they're left in peace to mourn a member of their family.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I do remember going to a match in the dark days with a mate who was a Scunny supporter. He heard the Build a Bonfire song and asked with some bemusement why we had it in for Bill Oddie and not any of the other Goodies

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
How about this as a fitting tribute: when the coffin arrives in the church, a group of 20-30 blokes get up and chase it back outside again. Bye bye David.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
One of the 3800 Gods that exist will punish all of you that celebrate his death.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How about this as a fitting tribute: when the coffin arrives in the church, a group of 20-30 blokes get up and chase it back outside again. Bye bye David.
Excellent. They should gather in the North transept of the church and then just as the vicar starts speaking leg it over to where the coffin is coming in ...

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I trust that the club DO NOT send a representative or any flowers or similar to the funeral.
He is dead, sympathy with his family. Move on. But keep the pre-match video with the march and protest because our kids should know.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As much as I detested the man, let us never forget that he was very much Archer's stooge. I reserve most of my hatrid for Archer since he held the real power.

That said, someone has lost their dad and husband and for them I feel we should show some respect, even if the man himself showed no respect to the fans at the time.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That me me LOL.

On a serious note, I don't feel any inclination to celebrate his demise. It changes nothing; he has been unable to harm our club for about 18 years now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here